Page 4 of 5 [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Redders
Raven
Raven

23 Nov 2007, 2:01 pm

I wasn't keen on them... then I became one. However, that was through showing kindness and caring for everyone who knows me. I hope that the kind of attitude I'm showing as someone popular will spread on soon, and make them realise that the not-so-popular people have feelings, too, and need to be heard. I just cannot bear people who are horrible to others, It just makes me furious.

QG_Valentine
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Nov 2007, 3:06 pm

I could honestly careless, it's just when people become so fastidiously concerned with their level of 'coolness' within the clique, and how they're perceived by other 'cliques' that dictate what they can do, and what others can't do that bothers me. Without order pervading every level of the system, humans tend to make their own subsystem within the system, although still dictated by the rules, it can be taken to an extreme, even enough so to neglect the rules... I don't mind slack, I just dislike the fact that it's abused. Slack is given with good connotations in mind, a good example of this would be specific trails meant for certain transportation vehicles, although if one floods, others from the trail that flooded will travel to the trail that can be used for such a purpose more efficiently, without noting the damage that can be done.

That and well, the hallmark of the 21st century is entertainment and other such fads of similar nature. Not education, or anything remotely similar to it. To what extent are we going to cripple ourselves from letting the structure become more lenient? Lenient not in a liberal sense of the word, but in a sense that complete failure is accepted, drugs are accepted, completely absurd rationalities and subjects are taught for the sake of preserving our freedom to do so.

-Quincy

Timelady
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2007, 6:45 pm

I'm quite popular at my school, but not very popular like as in "Do you like to come over?" and get presents for Christmas and birthdays.

DeanFoley
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Dec 2007, 8:02 am

There are no ''popular'' kids at my school, everyone gets on reasonably well. That's not to say a few fights don't break out now and then...

gs56ca
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Dec 2007, 2:29 am

I've disliked the popular kids . I can't say that I've hated them. At the starting of my highschool years, they were real nice. I was actually considered a popular guy. Then after, I was picked on alot, until I disenfranchised myself. I got really sick. By the end of highschool, I didn't give a s**t about anybody and had friends, kept to myself. If I look back, I would want do the same thing again. Just ignore their asses. lol.

Deathklaat
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Jan 2008, 4:49 pm

They're scum.

Deathklaat
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Jan 2008, 4:50 pm

gs56ca wrote:
Just ignore their asses.
Even better, just ignore their faces.

The_New_Writer
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Jan 2008, 5:50 pm

Ugh! Popular kids! They have always made me angry. Unless they leave me alone. As long as they keep their distance, I'm fine. I tried to be one once. Key word there is "once". But they use to bother me all the time till eighth grade came around. Well, thats because I moved from one place to the next. They didn't know me where I am now, so I'm all fine now.

Nikky91
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Jan 2008, 7:37 pm

Ugh, I used to be friends with them in elementary school (their parents were friends with my parents) and they treated me like crap. I'm happier that I'm now independant and on my own.

brister22
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Jan 2008, 4:00 pm

I remeber my Middel and High school days and look back at it at the age I am now and conclude
It is all about having confidenc in yourself. Eveyone in school has problems as in looking at the movie
breakfast club http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088847/
If you have no friends and/or Girlfriend your at the lowest point you can be at, so any effert at
making friends and asking a girl out is a bonus, as if you get rejected no loss.
school is a great place to tune up your social skills. To deal with bullies is to see that they have
some serious issues and needed a way to make them feel more confedent. To deal with this
is to practice patience and tolerance
Everyone makes mistakes from really small to really big to just stupid. We can learn from that and
not do that again, and just go on with life as thats part of life.

Selo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jan 2008, 8:49 pm

Quote:
They're scum.

Quote:
Everyone hates the popular kids

Quote:
Ugh! Popular kids!

Quote:
i just despise them.

Quote:
It should be legal, no mandatory, to shoot popular kids on sight!

Thanks, guys. Don't know what I'd do without you.

Seriously, why is there so much hatred for the popular kids? There's no rationale behind hating someone for having an active social life. In my school, the backstabbing b*****s aren't at all the ones who are popular.

The popular kids are popular because they have a sense of humor, a bold style, and an appealing personality. Period. I don't see why people loathe that so. I don't hate the popular kids at all and most of them are my good friends.

MissPickwickian
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2008, 7:18 pm

My school is not like the movies. No one group of popular people has been established as a ruling party. There are several large tribes of students-The Glamorous, The Intelligentsia, The Alternative Kids, The All-Americans, and The Black People. People from different tribes almost NEVER associate. It is as if there are five different schools within my school. As long as you are affiliated with a tribe, there will be someone to accept you within it.

As is the natural order, there are cliques inside the tribes. This is where things get ugly.

As a member of the Intelligentsia tribe ("If your IQ is >110, you're in"), I have witnessed some WICKED hierarchialism. The most popular kids in my tribe get the best grades and take the most advanced classes. They disdain anyone who seems even slightly less smart than they are. I dislike them. There are many nice people in the tribe, but it is difficult to get into their groups because they have known each other since antiquity. I don't know much about the four other tribes.