Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

tallgirl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 May 2005, 5:29 pm

Ugh. While I like my friends and enjoy hanging out with them, I get very stressed out with people staying in my house. The most people that have stayed with us is 3 adults, who were family, but this time it is two couples and they aren't family.

I really dislike being a hostess and I always have. My husband is totally useless, because he doesn't help with the general flow of things, like when to have hors d'ovres, when to eat dinner, lunch, etc. I get extremely stressed out from guests.

The worst part is that another couple will be staying with us a week later!

Does anyone have any advice? I just don't like entertaining people in my home. This is a sticking point with my husband and I, because he would have people over all the time for BBQs and such, if I would let him.

Tallgirl.

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2005, 5:38 pm

Take plenty of small breaks away from your guests.

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2005, 7:14 pm

D.I.V.O.R.C.E.

strange_wraith
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 May 2005, 9:13 pm

tallgirl wrote:
My husband is totally useless, because he doesn't help with the general flow of things, like when to have hors d'ovres, when to eat dinner, lunch, etc. ...
...This is a sticking point with my husband and I, because he would have people over all the time for BBQs and such, if I would let him.

Tallgirl.

If your husband likes having people over, why does he not help out? Perhaps you should tell him that if he wants to have people over, he should do all the work involved, since you hate it so much.

"It's all right Ma, I'm only sighing"