Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

tallgirl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 May 2005, 9:48 pm

Hey Everyone,

My husband is in the process of starting a buisness. The name of the company is Fusion. He needs some ideas for a logo. If any of you would not mind helping, I would greatly appreciate it. I have some ideas, but I do not have the skill to put them on paper, as I have the drawing skills of a 3rd grader. :oops:

TIA,
Tallgirl.

oatwillie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 May 2005, 9:57 am

how about two counter-rotating electrons within a molecule?

pyraxis
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2005, 10:02 am

What services does the business offer? What is your target audience? The style and content of the logo should depend on those factors. A random person looking at it should immediately get a "feel" for your company (ie. what industry it's related to, technology, health, entertainment, etc.) and it should have visual appeal to the subclass of people who would be potential customers (though that's more the job of the artist once you have a concept).

tallgirl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 May 2005, 1:40 pm

Quote:
how about two counter-rotating electrons within a molecule

Yes, my husband and I thought that electrons could be used in place of the dot over the "i" in Fusion. I just thought if someone could draw it, or create it or whatever and post some ideas it would really help. Neither my husband nor I can draw.

My husband is starting a financial business that will service mostly small businesses, but some large ones too. He is a banker at the moment, so he wants to convey the fusing of a bank's professionalism with the flexibility of the financing he will provide. There is another company in town that offers the same type of financing, but although they are nice people, their image (the company as a whole) is shady or car-salesman like. My husband wants to distinguish his business by appearing more professional and trustworthy. There is nothing wrong with the financing he provides, it's just that the competition is well-known and he does not want his business to have the same image.

TIA,
Tallgirl.

BlackLiger
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2005, 2:10 pm

Will have a look for text if someone else is willing to do the rotating atom and splice them together.......

tallgirl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 May 2005, 6:03 pm

That would be so great, thanks!

Tallgirl.

Nuttdan
WP Co-Founder
WP Co-Founder

31 May 2005, 7:55 am

If you can get someone to do it for you, great. Otherwise, I wouldn't overlook having a professional do it. There are hundreds of people online who will do it -- take a good look through their portfolio first though. I ended up with <a href="http://www.wonderwarp.com/images/wwlogo.gif" target="_blank">a fairly decent logo for my business</a> for only $50 or so. Granted, the revisions were limited and I had to fix it up myself, but they gave me a good selection of ideas.