Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Grebels
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2015, 7:38 am

Post Modernism has given an any goes kind of freedom and could have led to anarchy. However, it seems to have made all kind of powerful influences possible, which will mean much less freedom in the true sense.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2015, 7:37 pm

All Nations were established by Military Dictatorship. One Ring to Rule Them All.

As Governments have weakened, other factors have risen. Some had long been around, and had gained some powers, such as Merchants, Bankers, Political Parties.

Post Modern, splinter groups emerge. Most soon give up on preaching the rightness and good of their views, and take up opposing those who will not listen. They claim to be oppressed.

Like the oppressed Religious groups that fled to the new world, and quickly oppressed minorities within their own group.

Saddam kept all the other crazies in check, and as soon as he was gone a six sided civil war started.

I think most of the current factions, Social Justice Warriors, Homosexuals, will not be able to keep up an Identity Movement. As soon as they move outside their issues, they become just another gang. Lacking great wealth and commanding less than 1% of the vote, they have nowhere to go. They are also annoying and organize their opposition.

The Arts have a more powerful effect, and we know how disorganized they are.

I would rather have weak annoying groups than a powerful State.

Human self regulation does not develop under a Sole Power.

Growing up as a species is messy.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2015, 2:42 am

In a free world, everyone is free to enslave those they can physically dominate.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Grebels
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2015, 5:23 am

Thanks for your insighs Inventor.

Spiderpig, you seem to agree with me, but my point is that freedoms may be of various kinds. Are we missing those which are important?