Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2015, 10:18 am

He doesn't work in the same building.

Robin Banks
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Aug 2015, 3:01 pm

In almost all cultures throughout all of history, people have put value on a woman's "purity," "chastity," whatever you want to call it. Most men, even if they will not admit it, do perceive a woman as being less valuable for a long term relationship if they've "been around" as opposed to being virgins or sexually inexperienced. For me, as a guy, this is certainly true. There is a girl one of my friends is banging, who is physically average-looking (not ugly), but because of what I know about her (she has slept with tons of guys, and back in high school used to let guys pay her $10 for sex), I would not pursue her, even for a short-term relationship. Knowing how many guys have been inside her just changes how I feel about her. It is a biological response I am having, since men from pretty much all cultures have felt this way, even going so far as having women who had pre-marital sex stoned to death in some societies. Also, to the OP, you mentoined that you feel bad, or guilty, for being in a casual relationship while wanting a serious relationship with someone else. I beleive this is also a biological response you are experiencing, and NOT the result of social conditioning, due to the fact that we live in one of the mose sexually open societies in history, and yet you STILL feel this way.
By the way, why don't you consider a serious relationship with the guy you've known for years and, in your words, are familiar with?

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2015, 8:20 pm

Robin Banks wrote:
By the way, why don't you consider a serious relationship with the guy you've known for years and, in your words, are familiar with?

Oh, that wouldn't work - we've lived together three times before and are incompatible. He seems to be moving on with another partner anyway.

Oh well, it is what it is.