Page 2 of 6 [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2015, 3:08 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Quote:
I don't even know where your logic is. I'll give you another primo example of something happening at work right now. This one nurse has a contract to work here in Kansas for a certain amount of time because she's a travel nurse. 3 kids I believe. She's working her butt off sometimes 10 days in a row - I don't know how she does it. Where's her husband? He's down in Florida with the three kids. Where he should be is up here in Kansas until her contract is up. Sex must not be very important to him. He must have some life because he has been able to travel all around the US because this nurse is a travel nurse. She wants to go to the Bahamas for a vacation - and the way she's been working she has every right to want a vacation. Of course, her husband gets to go to the Bahamas too. She's very resentful.

When the woman has to work away from her family while the man is a house-dad - it becomes dramatic.

When the man has to work away from his family while the woman is a housewife- meh...that's normal.

Angela, your example is so typical for men who travel for work; the only difference in your story that genders are reversed ....so suddenly it's dramatic now. lol

you have a more simple way of saying stuff boo. I envy you for that.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2015, 3:42 pm

My workplace's cleaner is a Bangladeshi migrant worker, he has been working in Lebanon for 9 years, he works also as a bloc caretaker at night.
And he visited his family only like a month in every 2 years.

His wife? She's in her home country, Bangladesh, with their daughter who is now 3 years. He watches her birthday pics on phone every year.

Oh but wait....that's not dramatic, it's ok if men work abroad for years or ...*gulp* go to wars and die or lose a leg.

Angela is not the first woman at all that I heard her telling such 'dramatic' stories about women working to get income for her children and her 'lazy' non-working husbands. And that always made me laugh.

As if sacrifices for income are only recognized when it's done by a woman lol

and they always equate house-dad to lazy.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2015, 3:58 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
My workplace's cleaner is a Bangladeshi migrant worker, he has been working in Lebanon for 9 years, he works also as a bloc caretaker at night.

His wife? She's in her home country, Bangladesh, with their daughter who is now 3 years. He watches her birthday pics on phone every year.

Oh but wait....that's not dramatic, it's ok if men work abroad for years or ...*gulp* go to wars and die or lose a leg.

Some people would argue that's unfair to the woman, who so seldom gets to see her husband and has to raise their kids alone. They'd probably show sympathy for her if she sought to fulfill her needs by cheating on him, considering he had it coming :D

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2015, 4:05 pm

Too cynical, did not read. I'll never get married for any of those reasons. I'm a guy, and this blogger more or less believes I'm a whore... :lol:

It's like he wrote the antithesis of wedding vows in the tone of a PR spin guy and then presented it all as if it were indisputable fact. It's just BS social Darwinism, not that this guy's at all likely to know who Charles or Erasmus Darwin were or anything they wrote. He says he wants to avoid having "sissified" sons; I'd say Victor Pride, if by some unimaginable coincidence that is his real name is one tremendous p**** for not accepting life the way it happens. He's beneath miles of glacially creeping denial with regards to half the world population.

My friends brought home a puppy yesterday. They got better advice.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2015, 4:20 pm

Spiderpig wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Some people would argue that's unfair to the woman, who so seldom gets to see her husband and has to raise their kids alone. They'd probably show sympathy for her if she sought to fulfill her needs by cheating on him, considering he had it coming :D

Damn for men who make their wives to work far away while them stay home.

Damn for men who work far away while their wives stay home.

Damn for men.... that what matters :p

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2015, 5:19 pm

I have very strong, very mixed, and very conflictory opinions on this article.

My husband would probably say this guy is a knuckle-dragging pseudo-alpha Neanderthal thug who gives REAL MEN a bad name and deserves to be beaten to death with a raw steak. For statements like that, I adore my husband.

I just hope they're truthful statements when he makes them, and not what he knows he's supposed to say and has forced himself to think because he's a product of feminist conditioning.

Because, in my heart, I do believe this is the way all men truly think and feel. I believe it is what they want, and I believe that the way to a conflict-free marriage is for the woman to be a submissive piece of property who wakes up every morning with the highest goal of her heart being to make every effort to earn her husband's tolerance for another day.

My husband says that it is this belief and my efforts to force myself into accordance with it, and not my stubbornly independent nature, strong will, different values, or acceptance of my autistic self that is killing our marriage.

I don't know if he's right or not.

I will say that, although I have only seen a small handful of 30+ year marriages, ALL of the ones I have seen were in fact built around a close approximation of this model.

On one point, I have absolutely no mixed feelings. I find his comments about step-parents and "raising another man's seed" to be unqualifiedly and unmitigatedly repugnant. I am not a fan of casual procreation or divorce as a solution to marital problems. But abuse happens, partners die, and his comments on that subject make me want to puke. On his face.

Makes me wonder what his feelings on abortion in cases of rape are. If his hypothetical wife were raped, would he demand she get an abortion?? Kill the child upon birth?? Kick her in the belly until she miscarried?? Throw her away for adultery because she put herself in the position for rape to be possible?? Raise the child as his own??

I truly believe that, if I were to be raped, become pregnant, and refuse an abortion, my husband would accept and learn to love the child. He would struggle with it, hard, but he would undertake that struggle and ultimately succeed. THAT, in my opinion, is a REAL AND GODLY MAN deserving of "alpha status."

Last edited by BuyerBeware on 30 Jul 2015, 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2015, 5:23 pm

I really DON'T believe in that Neanderthal stuff.

Anachron
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Jul 2015, 5:24 pm

The right wife? Sheeeeeit, you must be kidding.

She don't become a wife until after it's too late.

Marriage changes both of you so much it is like a crap shoot. Whether you are "choosing" a wife or a husband, I think these human qualities are commonly desired:
1. Compassion
2. Respect for others
3. Sense of honor

Simple answer:
Any two people willing to treat eachother with respect and kindness have a good chance of making it.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2015, 11:21 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Quote:
I don't even know where your logic is. I'll give you another primo example of something happening at work right now. This one nurse has a contract to work here in Kansas for a certain amount of time because she's a travel nurse. 3 kids I believe. She's working her butt off sometimes 10 days in a row - I don't know how she does it. Where's her husband? He's down in Florida with the three kids. Where he should be is up here in Kansas until her contract is up. Sex must not be very important to him. He must have some life because he has been able to travel all around the US because this nurse is a travel nurse. She wants to go to the Bahamas for a vacation - and the way she's been working she has every right to want a vacation. Of course, her husband gets to go to the Bahamas too. She's very resentful.

When the woman has to work away from her family while the man is a house-dad - it becomes dramatic.

When the man has to work away from his family while the woman is a housewife- meh...that's normal.

Angela, your example is so typical for men who travel for work; the only difference in your story that genders are reversed ....so suddenly it's dramatic now. lol

Boo, I don't think either partner should be away from the family like that - that's not a good upbringing for the kids. If that's the way the guy's job was (traveling all the time) then he wouldn't be for me. And this nurse's contract is over a couple months - not like someone who travels and comes back on the weekend. What I'm seeing from this is that they are not very close and I bet it will end in divorce at some point because she is not very happy. That's not even a marriage to me.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2015, 11:25 pm

Minalucie wrote:
I could agree with some of this if the guy wasn't so douchy about it.

I do think people getting married should take more than love into account. No one should be making big life-long decisions when their brains are awash with hormones. People don't talk enough before they decide to tie the knot and they don't approach the marriage like a contract- which they should. All the terms should be laid out- does she want to stay home with the kids, is he okay with being the sole breadwinner, what will happen if they end up not being able to have children, what would happen if he gets laid off and can't find another job right away- does she have any marketable skills that can help her get a job until they are back on their feet, etc. Ideally, people would know how they function together in a crisis as well. Big things can break a couple if they can't or won't lean on each other for support.

For my part I can say that I never thought I would get married- I watched my parents fail miserably at it- although they did stick it out and are still married- but they were unhappy all the time, so marriage looked like torture to me. And I had been raised with all the feminist dogma too- college and career first, no matter what!

But once I met my husband, things kind of fell into place and I stopped suppressing my instinct to nurture and build a home. I did actually look up to him like a super-hero (until just recently, but that's another story) and he brought out the 50's housewife in me that I didn't even know was there.

It's definitely not for every woman, but I think society and feminists in particular do a disservice to young women by not telling them that thousands of years of human evolution will give them an instinct to build a little nest and put some babies in it- and that it's OK TO BE OK with that. I think the message to women is to fight that instinct- and I think many, many (not all) women would be much happier if they went with it.

Just my two cents.

I agree with all of that! I think you could be my twin.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2015, 11:35 pm

sly279 wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

Lets just take you and I, for example. What would you bring to the table? I've got the condo, the car, I'm going to have several thousand in debt for this new bachelors degree, you've got your debt that your income would be used to pay off. For sure I would have to work more just for us to get by. You don't think I'd get resentful having to pick up more work hours for us to just make ends meet while you're at home playing video games? I want someone who is my EQUAL and there's nothing wrong with that. Only a person who didn't have anything would see a flaw in my thinking.

And you say you went to college and it didn't work out for you. Things didn't just land in my lap, you know. My Pa paid for a secretarial degree that got me nowhere. I made the decision that I was going to have to go back to college again for nursing if I wanted to make a living for myself. I worked part time and put myself through school and I'm doing it again now. Your schooling didn't work for you? Then go back for something else that might work out. It's too easy to feel sorry for yourself and do nothing. It takes motivation to figure out a plan B and to try again.

you don't need a combo or vactions to live. so its not my fault you have to work more hours to pay for the expensive things you didn't need but wanted.

all I need to live is a nice apartment and a ok car. I'd be working just not to you're money wanting level. but life has a habit of not going the way people want it to. you might not finish your degree who knows, you don't. s**t happens to the best of people. success means being lucky and it wouldn't be called luck if everyone had it. i would refuse to live in your condo and just keep my own place that I liked and could afford. for sure my ass. you'd be using your income to pay your debt so hows that any different. see you're problem is you assume that all guys making low money are just slackers who will quit their jobs and play games all day and that's just not true. I enjoy my job mostly why would I quite it. I still work it tomorrow if I won the lottery.

yeah well with your pa paying it enabled you to use other resources. well my family is all poor. so I used other resources to go to college. and its a one time and you're done thing. I used all my finical aid getting the degree and they dont' allow anymore. you act like getting my degree was a piece of cake. that I didn't work my ass off to get it.

I'd have to make enough money to cover 2k a term and pay 200 a month to the loans and pay 250 to debt and pay for all my bills. so in order to go back to school I'd need to have the job that I'd be going back to school for, I'd have to make like 4k a month to afford going back to school and if I made that I'd not need to go back. schoolar ships are for overahcievers who are good at reading and writing not for apsies who suck at socializing so have no huge list of social successes and who are at lower levels for writing then a lot of people. I wasn't in AP in high school, or president of the student body or member of 20 clubs along with play football. I'm also white and a lot of schoolarships are geared toward people of color or females.

doubt you'd last a minute in my shoes. so get off you're high horse.

You say "schoolar ships are for overahcievers who are good at reading and writing not for apsies who suck at socializing so have no huge list of social successes and who are at lower levels for writing then a lot of people." But there are a lot of Aspies here who have done very well for themselves. We're never going to see eye to eye, so we might as well drop the subject between us and move on with our lives. I believe what you put into life is what you get out of it. I'm going to keep trying to get what I want and no one is going to make me feel bad about it. Good luck to you in your life.

Darn, I flunked.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2015, 2:25 am

nurseangela wrote:
sly279 wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

Lets just take you and I, for example. What would you bring to the table? I've got the condo, the car, I'm going to have several thousand in debt for this new bachelors degree, you've got your debt that your income would be used to pay off. For sure I would have to work more just for us to get by. You don't think I'd get resentful having to pick up more work hours for us to just make ends meet while you're at home playing video games? I want someone who is my EQUAL and there's nothing wrong with that. Only a person who didn't have anything would see a flaw in my thinking.

And you say you went to college and it didn't work out for you. Things didn't just land in my lap, you know. My Pa paid for a secretarial degree that got me nowhere. I made the decision that I was going to have to go back to college again for nursing if I wanted to make a living for myself. I worked part time and put myself through school and I'm doing it again now. Your schooling didn't work for you? Then go back for something else that might work out. It's too easy to feel sorry for yourself and do nothing. It takes motivation to figure out a plan B and to try again.

you don't need a combo or vactions to live. so its not my fault you have to work more hours to pay for the expensive things you didn't need but wanted.

all I need to live is a nice apartment and a ok car. I'd be working just not to you're money wanting level. but life has a habit of not going the way people want it to. you might not finish your degree who knows, you don't. s**t happens to the best of people. success means being lucky and it wouldn't be called luck if everyone had it. i would refuse to live in your condo and just keep my own place that I liked and could afford. for sure my ass. you'd be using your income to pay your debt so hows that any different. see you're problem is you assume that all guys making low money are just slackers who will quit their jobs and play games all day and that's just not true. I enjoy my job mostly why would I quite it. I still work it tomorrow if I won the lottery.

yeah well with your pa paying it enabled you to use other resources. well my family is all poor. so I used other resources to go to college. and its a one time and you're done thing. I used all my finical aid getting the degree and they dont' allow anymore. you act like getting my degree was a piece of cake. that I didn't work my ass off to get it.

I'd have to make enough money to cover 2k a term and pay 200 a month to the loans and pay 250 to debt and pay for all my bills. so in order to go back to school I'd need to have the job that I'd be going back to school for, I'd have to make like 4k a month to afford going back to school and if I made that I'd not need to go back. schoolar ships are for overahcievers who are good at reading and writing not for apsies who suck at socializing so have no huge list of social successes and who are at lower levels for writing then a lot of people. I wasn't in AP in high school, or president of the student body or member of 20 clubs along with play football. I'm also white and a lot of schoolarships are geared toward people of color or females.

You say "schoolar ships are for overahcievers who are good at reading and writing not for apsies who suck at socializing so have no huge list of social successes and who are at lower levels for writing then a lot of people." But there are a lot of Aspies here who have done very well for themselves. We're never going to see eye to eye, so we might as well drop the subject between us and move on with our lives. I believe what you put into life is what you get out of it. I'm going to keep trying to get what I want and no one is going to make me feel bad about it. Good luck to you in your life.

not all aspies suck at those stuff, but I mean for those aspies who suck at that stuff.
theres way more then that who don't. there's more unsuccessful aspies and autistics then successful ones an most the successful ones are really high high functioning. so I'm not going to buy into the any aspie can do it so you must just super suck that you're getting at.

some people win the lottery don't' mean most will.

well you post it like its gospel and where does that leave men like me who you see as worthless. I see it everywhere else I was really hoping this would be a except and safe place. why are you an nt here? its unlikely you're find a well off singe aspie here.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2015, 2:29 am

BuyerBeware wrote:
My husband would probably say this guy is a knuckle-dragging pseudo-alpha Neanderthal thug who gives REAL MEN a bad name and deserves to be beaten to death with a raw steak. For statements like that, I adore my husband.

He is definitely not a Neanderthal. Those were appealing guys. More like somebody from the jungle. :mrgreen:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2015, 2:31 am

BuyerBeware wrote:
I have very strong, very mixed, and very conflictory opinions on this article.

I just hope they're truthful statements when he makes them, and not what he knows he's supposed to say and has forced himself to think because he's a product of feminist conditioning.

Because, in my heart, I do believe this is the way all men truly think and feel. I believe it is what they want, and I believe that the way to a conflict-free marriage is for the woman to be a submissive piece of property who wakes up every morning with the highest goal of her heart being to make every effort to earn her husband's tolerance for another day.

My husband says that it is this belief and my efforts to force myself into accordance with it, and not my stubbornly independent nature, strong will, different values, or acceptance of my autistic self that is killing our marriage.

I don't know if he's right or not.

I will say that, although I have only seen a small handful of 30+ year marriages, ALL of the ones I have seen were in fact built around a close approximation of this model.

On one point, I have absolutely no mixed feelings. I find his comments about step-parents and "raising another man's seed" to be unqualifiedly and unmitigatedly repugnant. I am not a fan of casual procreation or divorce as a solution to marital problems. But abuse happens, partners die, and his comments on that subject make me want to puke. On his face.

Makes me wonder what his feelings on abortion in cases of rape are. If his hypothetical wife were raped, would he demand she get an abortion?? Kill the child upon birth?? Kick her in the belly until she miscarried?? Throw her away for adultery because she put herself in the position for rape to be possible?? Raise the child as his own??

I truly believe that, if I were to be raped, become pregnant, and refuse an abortion, my husband would accept and learn to love the child. He would struggle with it, hard, but he would undertake that struggle and ultimately succeed. THAT, in my opinion, is a REAL AND GODLY MAN deserving of "alpha status."

....and we can also accuse that this is what you and most women really want (being a non-working housewife to a good provider) , and not what they know they are supposed to say and forced themselves to think so as products of feminist conditioning.

Check this out:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... h-man.html

"Despite 40 years of reforms to promote gender equality at work, a woman’s financial dependence on a man “has lost none of its attractions”, she said".

"An analysis of figures for Britain shows that in 1949, 20 per cent of women married husbands with significantly higher levels of education than their own.

By the late 1990s, the proportion of women who were “marrying up” had almost doubled to 38 per cent. Similar patterns are seen across much of Europe, the US and Australia. "

Lol ladies, you always love to throw everything on the men......

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2015, 2:51 am

sly279 wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
sly279 wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

not all aspies suck at those stuff, but I mean for those aspies who suck at that stuff.
theres way more then that who don't. there's more unsuccessful aspies and autistics then successful ones an most the successful ones are really high high functioning. so I'm not going to buy into the any aspie can do it so you must just super suck that you're getting at.

some people win the lottery don't' mean most will.

well you post it like its gospel and where does that leave men like me who you see as worthless. I see it everywhere else I was really hoping this would be a except and safe place. why are you an nt here? its unlikely you're find a well off singe aspie here.

I'm here because I have Aspie friends and I remain because I want to learn as much as I can about Aspies. However, that doesn't mean that I'm going to agree with everything that everyone here says either. And how do you know that I'm not Aspie? I'm a self diagnosed NT. You should be talking to me like I'm a person - like I'm talking to you. I say what I say to you because I know people can do more than what they think - they just need to be motivated and someone to believe in them. Right now, your beating yourself up so much that no one can talk any sense into you. Taking your frustrations out on me isn't going to help you in the real world. I get what you're saying about life not going right for you, but that's not my life - exactly. I have my problems too, I may never get married because I chose the education and the money route, but that is MY decision and whatever outcome comes from it is the life that I'll live. Each person makes there own bed and they must lie in it. You are probably a great person IRL but we aren't compatible romantically because we want different things. Neither of us should be knocked down for our wants. Normally I don't say the things that I did to you, but you just kept pushing my buttons and I had to stand up for myself. I treat everyone the same way whether they are NT or Aspie and I wish for everyone to treat me the same.

Darn, I flunked.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2015, 3:15 am

nurseangela wrote:

I'm here because I have Aspie friends and I remain because I want to learn as much as I can about Aspies. However, that doesn't mean that I'm going to agree with everything that everyone here says either. And how do you know that I'm not Aspie? I'm a self diagnosed NT. You should be talking to me like I'm a person - like I'm talking to you. I say what I say to you because I know people can do more than what they think - they just need to be motivated and someone to believe in them. Right now, your beating yourself up so much that no one can talk any sense into you. Taking your frustrations out on me isn't going to help you in the real world. I get what you're saying about life not going right for you, but that's not my life - exactly. I have my problems too, I may never get married because I chose the education and the money route, but that is MY decision and whatever outcome comes from it is the life that I'll live. Each person makes there own bed and they must lie in it. You are probably a great person IRL but we aren't compatible romantically because we want different things. Neither of us should be knocked down for our wants. Normally I don't say the things that I did to you, but you just kept pushing my buttons and I had to stand up for myself. I treat everyone the same way whether they are NT or Aspie and I wish for everyone to treat me the same.

i only ask because I honestly don't know why and a few nts come here to bash and be negative to aspies. they had a bad relationship with a aspie so take it out on us here.

I only wish you wouldn't talk so much about man having to make good money. I already know i'm screwed I don't want to hear about it more here.

I don't see how I'm not talking to you like a person. nts and aspies are both people they'll just different.

I didn't want to date you, too much age difference. cut off at 32. though suppose I'll have to raise that :(

i see and get all the reasons I'm worthless and need to die form dating sites and women in person, so it upsets me to see it here too is all. starting to think i just need to cut all human ties. live my last 3 years completely alone.