Page 3 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2018, 11:01 pm

One thing we're clearly well in touch with as aspies - this world and the ground model of evolution and life are hell. Thus we have a lot of reasons to want to find a game that stabilizes our internal situation, or once we get done chasing fantasies, we have that awful 'walls breathing' sort of moment where it catches up and we're then on that page of wanting to stabilize our internal terrain.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Dargo
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Feb 2018, 12:01 pm

I might qualify as a secular Buddhist if you use it loosely enough that it doesn't require you believe the supernatural claims. Still daily meditation helps me have a lot more attention and energy to put into social interaction in addition to all the other benefits of meditation. The morality of Buddhism fits well into my values as well and it's not a bad place to look if you want some good moral ideas. There have been studies on metta/loving kindness meditation that show it helps people with autism and aspergers and I can confirm that if you put the work into metta and vipassana meditation it will change you mostly for the better.

c0r
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Mar 2018, 4:12 pm

Buddhism causes violence look at Sri lanka (spelling?) the hindus and buddhists and killing eachother