Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2015, 12:57 am

So, I got into the hobby of "cubing" lately, which involves things like Rubik's Cubes (though, usually versions of it made by other companies, as the originals are... not very good) and other "twisty" puzzles (of which there are about 10 bazillion types), and have been quite enjoying them, but I've also found myself constantly reaching for them to fidget or stim with.

The one I grab for the most is this thing:

That is a Pyramorphix, a shape-shifting one and one of the easier and faster ones to do (there are more complicated and dramatically harder versions of it too), and it's fun to just twist it into random shapes/arrangements when I need something to hold or mess with. And when I go to put it down I'll typically solve it back into it's original shape (which currently takes me about 60 seconds), so that part is fun too.

I dunno exactly what it is about these things that makes them good for this; as I continue to buy/order more of them, I'm expecting to find others that I really like for this as well.

zzzsmokeyzzz
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Apr 2017, 11:46 am

I find the bike chain key chain fidget is awesome and addicting. It's hard to explain until you play with one. https://happyhands.toys/collections/frontpage/products/key-ring-hand-spinner-tri-spinner-reduce-stress-edc-fidget-toy-for-autism-adhd