Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2015, 6:48 pm

androbot01 wrote:
Aspendos wrote:
The UN changed the link to the final agreed text. It is now:

https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/c ... 0WORLD.pdf
(paragraph 26)

"Prevention" of autism today is justified as a matter of financial burden to families and the state, as in a 3 August 2015 press release on research conducted in the US, which estimates "Autism Cost [...] to Reach Nearly $500 Billion, Potentially $1 Trillion, by 2025" in the US alone. Of course, that study was sponsored by Autism Speaks.

http://www.autismdailynewscast.com/auti ... ssrelease/

"Prevention" of autism today is justified as a matter of financial burden to families and the state... < Dire words. I think they'll miss us when we're gone.

Ah, another Canadian aspie. Greetings :)

I don't know why they want our kind to be destroyed. Maybe all aspies don't really belong here and we are at the wrong planet.

I hate that they are doing such a thing. Autism makes people unique and quite frankly we need people with autism because they are the most unique group of individuals ever.

I hope parents chose to not take the vaccine or whatever the f**k is going to attempt to cure autism.

I really thinks this is a civil rights issue, they are banning autistic people. Hell, why not just put all of us horrible autistics in a concentration camp? (sarcasm)

Maybe a protest is needed against the UN, anyone in?

-Paul Erdos

"There are two types of cryptography in this world: cryptography that will stop your kid sister from looking at your files, and cryptography that will stop major governments from reading your files."

-Bruce Schneider

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

07 Aug 2015, 6:54 pm

I imagine 100 years from now they'll screen us all out before we're even born, it'll probably be something like 'Number 12 Looks Just Like You' from the Twilight Zone where everybody conforms to a universal standard of health and beauty. The end is nigh, I don't expect humanity in general to make it much longer.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2015, 7:16 pm

Rudin wrote:

And salutations :)
Quote:
I don't know why they want our kind to be destroyed.

I know eh. We're not that bad.
Quote:
Autism makes people unique and quite frankly we need people with autism because they are the most unique group of individuals ever.

And we've made lots of contributions to society.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2015, 9:57 pm

"26. To promote physical and mental health and well-being, and to extend life expectancy for all, we must achieve universal health coverage and access to quality health care. No one must be left behind. We commit to accelerating the progress made to date in reducing newborn, child and maternal mortality by ending all such preventable deaths before 2030. We are committed to ensuring universal access to sexual and reproductive health-care services, including for family planning, information and education. We wil
l equally accelerate the pace of progress made in fighting malaria, HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, hepatitis, Ebola and other communicable diseases and epidemics, including by addressing growing anti-microbial resistance and the problem of unattended diseases affecting 7 developing countries. We are committed to the prevention and treatment of non-communicable diseases, including behavioural, developmental and neurological disorders, which constitute a major challenge for sustainable development."

Isn't it strange how they list certain physical illnesses here (ex. malaria, T.B.), but when they get to the 'neurological disorders' they don't list any. Why not? Are they perhaps worried that if they did, people reading this would think they were endorsing eugenics? That last sentence is terribly vague, to the point of being utterly meaningless.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2015, 10:02 pm

Jacoby wrote:
I imagine 100 years from now they'll screen us all out before we're even born, it'll probably be something like 'Number 12 Looks Just Like You' from the Twilight Zone where everybody conforms to a universal standard of health and beauty. The end is nigh, I don't expect humanity in general to make it much longer.

If, in spite of all that has happened in our history, there are those who still believe eugenics to be a great idea, then the human race simply does not deserve to continue, and should be replaced by a species that can actually learn from past errors of judgement. I believe that 100 years from now humanity will be extinct, so scenarios like this don't bother me one bit.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2015, 10:06 pm

We need to destroy the U.N., before it destroys all of us. It is evil incarnate, an abomination, an offense to all that is true and decent. If it's war they want, well then that is what they will get! :evil: :twisted:

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2015, 6:20 am

This is scary. I thought just a while ago the UN made a document about the rights of autistic people and it was positive about autism!! ! And that they declared the JRC stuff torture. I guess it was different people in the UN.

There are so many combos of autistic differences that they can't find and "cure" them all, thankfully. But a lot of lives will be lost, and that's not a good thing.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2015, 4:58 pm

Maybe they should commit to something more realistic like ending the worlds dependence on non-renewable resources for instance.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2015, 5:01 pm

nurseangela wrote:
This is why I told my Aspie friend not to say anything at work or school or to even get a diagnosis. We had to sign a document at work saying what disabilities we have and "Autism" was one of them. Now if you have Asperger's and are high functioning, they still have grouped you in with Autism. I don't see that as a good thing.

And? what are they going to possibly do with that?

Also aspergers should be grouped in with autism since its not a different disorder from autism.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2015, 5:40 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Maybe they should commit to something more realistic like ending the worlds dependence on non-renewable resources for instance.

We're already committed to that, by definition. Non-renewable resources will run out---any surviving humans won't depend on them.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

yelekam
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2015, 8:01 pm

Rudin wrote:
The reason the reported ratio between males and females with AS is 1:4 is because females tend to be more emotional in their thinking while males are more logical. By the way, the females on this site don't get upset with me, I am speaking purely biologically.

In response,
On what basis are you asserting that females are more emotional and males more logical? myself have never seen any convincing evidence that males are naturally more logical or females naturally more emotional. If you have any such proof, please provide it. Or else I will remained convinced by the reasoning which has deduced that men and women share the same intellectual and emotional capabilities and that any conditional or apparent differences are the result of culture and stereotypes.
Furthermore, to make such a claim would be a psychological claim. The only way it could be a biological claim were if you were operating on the supposition that such psychology was determined by neurology. In which case, would you mind also showing proof that the relevant psychology is determined by neurology and the proof that this claimed intellectual difference between the genders is derived neurologically?
Lastly, would contest your claim of such an intellectual difference between the genders would be the reason for the 4:1 ratio. There is a distinction between correlation and causation. The only way in order for that to be true, would be if being more logical would have to cause one to be autistic. If it is a correlation than the claim is invalid, and if being autistic causes one to be more logical, than the claim s invalid and there would be know reason to suppose that gender would effect how autism contributes to being logical.

CommanderKeen
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2015, 5:18 pm

The UN also believes in over population. The UN doesn't benefit anyone, but the UN and the global elite. Instead of coming up with real solutions, like world hunger; they bully other countries and take away their sovereignty. They expect countries to bend over backwards for them. They have no place telling other countries what to do. They have tried to change the policies of the US multiple times. If the UN were dismantled, the world would be a better place.

CommanderKeen
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2015, 5:21 pm

Rudin wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
Aspendos wrote:
The UN changed the link to the final agreed text. It is now:

https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/c ... 0WORLD.pdf
(paragraph 26)

"Prevention" of autism today is justified as a matter of financial burden to families and the state, as in a 3 August 2015 press release on research conducted in the US, which estimates "Autism Cost [...] to Reach Nearly $500 Billion, Potentially $1 Trillion, by 2025" in the US alone. Of course, that study was sponsored by Autism Speaks.

http://www.autismdailynewscast.com/auti ... ssrelease/

"Prevention" of autism today is justified as a matter of financial burden to families and the state... < Dire words. I think they'll miss us when we're gone.

I don't know why they want our kind to be destroyed. Maybe all aspies don't really belong here and we are at the wrong planet.

I hate that they are doing such a thing. Autism makes people unique and quite frankly we need people with autism because they are the most unique group of individuals ever.

I hope parents chose to not take the vaccine or whatever the f**k is going to attempt to cure autism.

I really thinks this is a civil rights issue, they are banning autistic people. Hell, why not just put all of us horrible autistics in a concentration camp? (sarcasm)

Maybe a protest is needed against the UN, anyone in?

If I see men wearing Blue helmets at my door, I'd consider them target practice.

CommanderKeen
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2015, 5:24 pm

Lintar wrote:
"26. To promote physical and mental health and well-being, and to extend life expectancy for all, we must achieve universal health coverage and access to quality health care. No one must be left behind. We commit to accelerating the progress made to date in reducing newborn, child and maternal mortality by ending all such preventable deaths before 2030. We are committed to ensuring universal access to sexual and reproductive health-care services, including for family planning, information and education. We wil
l equally accelerate the pace of progress made in fighting malaria, HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, hepatitis, Ebola and other communicable diseases and epidemics, including by addressing growing anti-microbial resistance and the problem of unattended diseases affecting 7 developing countries. We are committed to the prevention and treatment of non-communicable diseases, including behavioural, developmental and neurological disorders, which constitute a major challenge for sustainable development."

Isn't it strange how they list certain physical illnesses here (ex. malaria, T.B.), but when they get to the 'neurological disorders' they don't list any. Why not? Are they perhaps worried that if they did, people reading this would think they were endorsing eugenics? That last sentence is terribly vague, to the point of being utterly meaningless.

It wouldn't be the first time, http://www.thenewamerican.com/world-new ... population

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2015, 6:35 pm

Lintar wrote:
No, this document is just more U.N. bureaucratic hot air. Yet another example of people who seriously need to find a real job trying to make themselves appear useful to their superiors. It's complete junk.
So why is the U.N. so weak? Why are they so respected when they never get anything done? Isn't one of their main goals to prevent war? Why haven't they been able to do that? Is the U.N. just a bunch of weaklings?
Rudin wrote:
NTs tend to have more emotional thinking well people with lower EQs have more logical thinking this can be seen on the CBS drama called Scorpion.
Ha. I wish that was true for me. In the last few years I've had way too much emotional thinking and not enough logical thinking. If aspies had little in the way of emotion than they couldn't get depressed but they do.

Aspie202
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Aug 2015, 8:19 pm

let me just say that that is just