PC Bulls**t on WrongPlanet forums

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2015, 5:22 pm

yes how horrible that you can't call women sloppy seconds or talk about how women shouldn't' be equals. shame on women for finding that offensive.

next are you going to tell us its bad to ban racists who call blacks the n world and say they should be slaves.

maybe we should allow a neo nazi to come here and preach about how all jews should be killed.

somethings are just not ok to say. wp is a private website, free speech really has not protection here. so they don't have to listen to your'e offensive comments especially if the majority of their users ie customers find it offensive.

though for the record for all the women who hate on guys like me, this is true sexism and treating women bad. not what we do. I hope you see that but doubt you will.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2015, 6:40 pm

You know what I hate about PCness- Not being allowed to speak the truth and tell someone like it is due to the fact that it will hurt the other person's feelings to hear the truth. That is doing it without name calling, and simply pointing out facts that make people look like hypocrites.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2015, 6:44 pm

aspiemike wrote:
You know what I hate about PCness- Not being allowed to speak the truth and tell someone like it is due to the fact that it will hurt the other person's feelings to hear the truth. That is doing it without name calling, and simply pointing out facts that make people look like hypocrites.

What truth?

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2015, 6:45 pm

nurseangela wrote:
I take PC as being politically correct? And which locked thread are we talking about?

I believe in free speech for everyone minus name calling and downgrading words such as "stupid", etc. Also saying that "all" are a certain way is not true either.

Okay, just so that you can see why people reacted the way they did, here's the locked thread that is being spoken about:

http://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=290790

Also, I think that talking about locked threads is against the rules.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2015, 6:51 pm

Jono wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
I take PC as being politically correct? And which locked thread are we talking about?

I believe in free speech for everyone minus name calling and downgrading words such as "stupid", etc. Also saying that "all" are a certain way is not true either.

Okay, just so that you can see why people reacted the way they did, here's the locked thread that is being spoken about:

http://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=290790

Also, I think that talking about locked threads is against the rules.

Just saying the name you mean?

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Marky9
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2015, 8:13 pm

Skibz888 wrote:
The vast majority of the time I hear people on the internet complaining about political correctness, it's people who are mad that they can't use racial/sexist slurs or speak derisively about a particular group of people.

Well said.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2015, 8:42 pm

...One person's " PC " , another's " sensitivity " , anothers'.........

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2015, 10:05 pm

[MODERATOR]

And, seeing as how discussing locked topics is against the rules, I'm locking this one also.

To the OP: if you don't want negative replies to your topics, then maybe you shouldn't post bullcrap about how women who aren't virgins are "sloppy seconds."

Sexist nonsense isn't welcome here.

[/MODERATOR]

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)