Page 3 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

moirakelly
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Oct 2015, 6:56 pm

It's not like women control the outcome either. Being in a relationship is a mutual decision.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2015, 11:06 pm

If you don't have to be the initiator, you don't have to take the risk that whomever you approach will decide you're a creep who should have known in advance they're unworthy and charge you with harassment or worse, and get someone to beat you up or stab you, or do it themself.

By the way, how do these stereotypical rôles have anything to do with anatomy?

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

moirakelly
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Oct 2015, 7:24 am

Spiderpig wrote:
If you don't have to be the initiator, you don't have to take the risk that whomever you approach will decide you're a creep who should have known in advance they're unworthy and charge you with harassment or worse, and get someone to beat you up or stab you, or do it themself.

?? on the anatomy thing.

Asking someone out once doesn't meet the legal definition of harassment. You are totally paranoid.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2015, 5:30 am

Spiderpig wrote:

because people always say "vagina means receiving"

SwissPagan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Oct 2015, 6:04 am

moirakelly wrote:
It's not like women control the outcome either. Being in a relationship is a mutual decision.

yeah, but by and large you get your pick...

SwissPagan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Oct 2015, 6:06 am

Spiderpig wrote:

"By the way, how do these stereotypical rôles have anything to do with anatomy?"

no idea, I used to have this Freudian film theory teachers who had the most unhealthy obsession with penises...

SwissPagan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Oct 2015, 6:08 am

moirakelly wrote:
Spiderpig wrote:

?? on the anatomy thing.

Asking someone out once doesn't meet the legal definition of harassment. You are totally paranoid.

eh.... you would be amazed at how far feminists can stretch the semantics of 'harassment' and that's only beginners mode...

autismthinker21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2015, 8:46 am

Jeez this thread has alot of women desperate talk with parents begging their girls to be with these guys. Jeez Lou wheez.

goofygoobers
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2015, 7:35 pm

SwissPagan wrote:
moirakelly wrote:
Spiderpig wrote:

?? on the anatomy thing.

eh.... you would be amazed at how far feminists can stretch the semantics of 'harassment' and that's only beginners mode...

Not everyone is a crazy feminist. I don't consider someone asking me out as harassment at all! It would be a totally different story if said person was stalking and trying to hurt me.

SwissPagan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Oct 2015, 7:59 pm

goofygoobers wrote:
SwissPagan wrote:
moirakelly wrote:
Spiderpig wrote:

?? on the anatomy thing.

Not everyone is a crazy feminist. I don't consider someone asking me out as harassment at all! It would be a totally different story if said person was stalking and trying to hurt me.

yeah, but alot of them like to publish guides and media on how people should behave and others are dumb enough to follow it. thus bar just keeps sinking lower. its more of a deterrent than anything else. too much media for women saying they are sick of men hitting on them, not enough with women actually wanted or trying to encourage guys to hit on them, unless its a comedy, in which case scenario one is more predominate than scenario two.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2015, 9:02 pm

moirakelly wrote:

but they are usually in the position of just having to welcome or deny advances since women get approached, they typically don't do the approaching.

OohLaLah
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Oct 2015, 11:23 am

WantToHaveALife wrote:
moirakelly wrote:

but they are usually in the position of just having to welcome or deny advances since women get approached, they typically don't do the approaching.

True. But men have the option of waiting to be approached, plus men outnumber women population-wise.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2015, 11:34 pm

OohLaLah wrote:
WantToHaveALife wrote:
moirakelly wrote:

True. But men have the option of waiting to be approached, plus men outnumber women population-wise.

For normal heterosexual males who don't look like Brad Pitt that almost never happens. They will be waiting a LONG time. Waiting to be approached online has worked for me, but I have the advantage of being a male asexual. There is higher demand for male asexuals (because we are rare). There isn't high demand for normal heterosexual males, unfortunately. Surely you understand this concept and are likely deliberately trying to antagonize heterosexual males by acting dense. I can see through this behavior.

Adam82
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2015, 11:38 pm

You might be waiting a long time if you're a guy, and waiting for women to approach you. Even nowadays, a lot of women expect men to be the initiators.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2015, 1:02 am

I've been waiting long enough it can be soundly inferred from statistics the chance I'll ever be approached---and not to make fun of me---is negligible. The worst part is there's no moderation when it comes to waiting: either the wait ends within your lifetime or it never ends. Once you're in your grave, you just keep waiting for eternity. The wait becomes immortal, much like your virginity if you die a virgin---rather than you losing them, they lose you.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

SwissPagan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Oct 2015, 1:21 am

Spiderpig wrote:
I've been waiting long enough it can be soundly inferred from statistics the chance I'll ever be approached---and not to make fun of me---is negligible. The worst part is there's no moderation when it comes to waiting: either the wait ends within your lifetime or it never ends. Once you're in your grave, you just keep waiting for eternity. The wait becomes immortal, much like your virginity if you die a virgin---rather than you losing them, they lose you.

depends on if one can make it to the end of said lifetime.