Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2015, 1:05 am

People can seem so foreign. As time goes by, I feel less and less of any sort of connection to them. The stuff they do and say, what motivates them and pleases them, it often surprises, repulses or even horrifies me. They can seem so random, it seems pointless to even try to have any sort of social relationship. One never knows what sort of person one will run into, what they are actually thinking when they say something else, or whether there will be anything in common at all.

It seems like I have next to nothing in common with most people; nothing important anyhow. I don't get what makes them tick. It's difficult to imagine getting anything out of spending time with them, and whatever other people want out of social relationships, I doubt that I have it. Socializing is an energy sink and a huge gamble, totally inefficient. One has to guess what they want. I don't even understand how they socialize with one another. I've become more rigid about socializing because I'm tired of not knowing what I'm getting into.

I was reading this website about socializing a couple of days ago, and there was something about getting a more positive and realistic perspective on people by spending time with them in person rather than spending a lot of time on the Internet. I think it's good advice, but I really wonder if it would be that much different. It could be even more difficult to get a realistic perspective on people in real life because they tend to fake in social situations. Acting differently online vs. in-person is actually an example of that.

physicsnut42
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Sep 2015, 7:09 pm

Speaking from personal experience, I really think that talking to people in person is very important. People do sometimes act more honest online, but there's so much that you miss out on--the tone of their voice, the way they look, and general spontaneity... being physically present can be a lot more pleasurable--though also a lot more stressful--probably for psychological reasons I don't understand.

I find that a combination of both online and in person communication works well for me, though I do have some close friends who I can't usually see in person.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2015, 8:58 pm

physicsnut42 wrote:
Speaking from personal experience, I really think that talking to people in person is very important.

I agree. How to get there is the question. I could see the best in others but they would see the weirdness in me moreso than online.

physicsnut42
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Sep 2015, 7:04 am

I wouldn't be so sure about that. You've just got to find the right people.

Some NTs (even a few aspies) are intolerant of a even a little difference. They are generally very boring people, and not worth making friends with. However, there are others who make friends with all kinds of different people.

Socializing, is an energy sink and a gamble, as you say, but most things are. It's worth it to keep looking for people who will accept you (and you'd be surprised how many of them there are).

Maybe you could join a club or something to find people that share your interests. That way, you get to do something you like to do and have an increased chance of making friends.

Redstar2613
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Oct 2015, 12:46 am

Interacting with people in person is extremely different to doing it online and people can lie more easily online than they can in person

CryosHypnoAeon
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Oct 2015, 1:16 am

I totally relate to what you said in your first paragraphs, getting nothing out of people, energy sink, not understanding what makes them tick (intellectually I do understand, but on a gut/spiritual/real level, I don't) , and I really don't care to.
Why spend so much energy in trying to "understand" ignorant, violent apes ? Because that's all they are, fundamentally.

I enjoy (most of the time now) living life, but if I had access to the "nuclear button" (that would nuke this world of stupid apes) I'd jam that button like there was no tomorrow. The amount of stupidity, aggression, mindless competition, cloak & dagger behavior, bald face lying (especially when it isn't necessary, I guess it's an evolutionary throwback from our primitive past) , office politics, back-stabbing, mass manipulation to put money and power into the hands of the few and f**k the many, the wholesale extermination of planetary species at our own expense, mass irradiation and toxic pollution of the natural environment (southern iraq is now officially a nuclear wasteland, 2 thirds of children are born there with grotesque congenital malformations, you can look this up, ... why ? US military , during the war , and depending on USA corporations for depleted uranium supplies, ran out of depleted uranium. So what did the corporations do ? They substituted the depleted uranium shells with FULL radioactive uranium shells. Same weight, same penetrating power, who'll know the difference ?) , and so much more , I really could go on and on about this. But I don't want to tire my audience. Seems NTs can only take so much truth before they shut down and start blaming YOU for everything that's wrong with the world. Even though I'm just a broke schizotypal autistic dude with not power, let alone money, to kill people, under the guise of govt and small print (corporations' favorite mode of getting away with murder.)

My view (now) to dealing with people in real life, is just play their own game against them.
Which is capitalism. Getting money, resources, and power out of them, whilst simultaneously (and tacitly) trying to make them homeless in the process. Just deal with people like they're machines, because honestly, that's what they are. They're mostly unconscious , greedy, power/money hungry zombies. Why you think there's so many homeless , sick (can't afford healthcare) , imprisoned, bullied in the streets by cops, people out there in the world ?

This planet is run by (in current modern times) politically correct, backward, duplicitous, ignorant, inconsiderate, cro magnon ape zombies.

So ,

game on

enjoy your life

Get what you need and f**k these monkey apes.

This species ain't going to survive beyond another hundred or so years.
Every scientist knows this now.
Our DNA is unraveling due to environmental pollution/damage.
So much so that the male birth rate is declining rapidly.
Many scientists consider this to be the beginning of the end of this species.
This fact is also well documented by scientists, not mainstream scientists, but by nobel-prize holding, older scientists who have nothing to lose. Which of course makes them "the fringe". lol