Page 2 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2015, 12:00 am

androbot01 wrote:
That may be true, but why is it the responsibility of one person to live so as not to effect others. That's a heck of an obligation. Everyone dies. If someone dies by suicide, so be it. It's like losing someone you care about to any illness. It sucks, but it's the way it is. Who is one to say if another's suicide is right or wrong?

Then if you are hell bent on doing it, or have a terminal illness and don't want to go through the pain, then at least talk it out with your family and friends first to prepare them. In cases when somebody is dying of cancer or whatever then I don't think it would hurt the family more, but when it's sudden and shocking then it's going to f**k people up. If nothing else, and somebody is doing it out of depression or mental illness or whatever, then at least have a suicide conversation with friends and family a few days before doing it. Even if it's a general conversation like "What do you think about it" etc and don't state your intent if yo udon't want to deal with that. Also, leave long, explicit letters absolving every single person you ever loved or who has loved you, from blame. Explain why you did it and that there was NOTHING anyone could do about it. That won't help a whole lot but it might get rid of some guilt.

Of course, if I were going to do it I would probably leave a note that says "It's your fault" and not address it to anybody. That way, everybody would wonder.

Actually, I wouldn't do that, but if you don't leave a note and make sure people understand, you might as well have left that note I mentioned to everybody you know, cause they will take the blame.

I still blame myself that I didn't just think about going over to my neighbors house last year on the day she blew her brains out. I could have stopped it and I know it, and she was hungover and probably still f****d up and her family was mad at her and she's been suicidal before and gotten through it and we talked about it and all but I was mad at her and hadn't seen her in a while and knew something was up but said f**k it since she's gonna be snooty and say she can't talk to me anymore cause her husband said so. I never cared what he said anyway, but I could have done something and knew she was in the s**t but I decided to let her stew. Wrong decision on my part but it wsn't my fault cause what she did had nothing to do with me or anything about me. I could have just distracted her and stopped it. I don't think she thought hers out, and it was a spur of the moment half drunk remorseful BS type thing. Stupid. Should have used pills but no she used the gun. Pills would have bought time, and got her stomach pumped and maybe got her family to let up on her. But nope. She never was the smartest cookie in the jar.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2015, 12:39 am

"Suicide conversation" is a great phrase!

OliveOilMom wrote:
.. Explain why you did it and that there was NOTHING anyone could do about it. That won't help a whole lot but it might get rid of some guilt.

This guilt is the bearer's responsibility to deal with.

Quote:
Of course, if I were going to do it I would probably leave a note that says "It's your fault" and not address it to anybody. That way, everybody would wonder.

Haha

Quote:
I still blame myself that I didn't just think about going over to my neighbors house last year on the day she blew her brains out.

The "what-ifs" can go in all directions. You choose which to follow. For example, what if you had gone over there and things went differently from what you imagine? There are so many possibilities. Ultimately your neighbour was ill.

I'm not saying suicide is a good thing. It probably hurts for everyone. But some of us are gonna go that way.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2015, 12:44 am

androbot01 wrote:
"Suicide conversation" is a great phrase!

OliveOilMom wrote:
.. Explain why you did it and that there was NOTHING anyone could do about it. That won't help a whole lot but it might get rid of some guilt.

This guilt is the bearer's responsibility to deal with.

Quote:

Haha

Quote:
I still blame myself that I didn't just think about going over to my neighbors house last year on the day she blew her brains out.

The "what-ifs" can go in all directions. You choose which to follow. For example, what if you had gone over there and things went differently from what you imagine? There are so many possibilities. Ultimately your neighbour was ill.

I'm not saying suicide is a good thing. It probably hurts for everyone. But some of us are gonna go that way.

While guilt is the bearers responsibility, if you are going to do something that you know is going to CAUSE IT, then it's pretty much a decent thing to do to try and keep them from having too much of it. Of course if somebody was an as*hole and didn't care at all about others, then there won't be too many folks around with all that guilt in the first place.

As for my friend, I know. She would have done something stupid either way. She wasn't depressed, she didn't have a lot of bad s**t going on, I talked to her a lot and we talked about my depression too and she said she wasn't and I believed her. However, she said sometimes she thought that it would be best for her to kill herself cause she wasn't happy with her life. Not depression mind you, just not happy with her life. ANyway, it was her choice. She did it way hungover after a terrible bender and some serious s**t that went down the night before and everybody was pissed at her. So, I'm thinking she didn't think it through. Really. If I had stopped her then whose to say she wouldn't have done it later? I mean people rarely get smarter when they get to our age. So there ya go. I think what if a lot and feel a little guilty at times, but I have no real guilt over it. Not like THAT.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2015, 1:03 am

OliveOilMom wrote:
While guilt is the bearers responsibility, if you are going to do something that you know is going to CAUSE IT, then it's pretty much a decent thing to do to try and keep them from having too much of it. Of course if somebody was an as*hole and didn't care at all about others, then there won't be too many folks around with all that guilt in the first place.

It would be decent. But I know in the times when I attempted suicide, I was not in my right mind. I wasn't capable of communicating anything to anyone. One time I simply couldn't speak. My Mom took me to the doctor and I just sat there and cried. Your friend may not have been depressed, but alcohol can have a powerful negative effect. Had she gotten through the moment, maybe she would have survived that incident. But the "what-ifs" are wasted energy because we can't know.
I won't say that rash choices don't happen, but I think for lot of people who commit suicide are battling depression. And someone killing themselves because of depression should cause no more guilt than someone dying of any disease or accident.
Sometimes the reaper comes for you.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2015, 1:06 am

androbot01 wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:

It would be decent. But I know in the times when I attempted suicide, I was not in my right mind. I wasn't capable of communicating anything to anyone. One time I simply couldn't speak. My Mom took me to the doctor and I just sat there and cried. Your friend may not have been depressed, but alcohol can have a powerful negative effect. Had she gotten through the moment, maybe she would have survived that incident. But the "what-ifs" are wasted energy because we can't know.
I won't say that rash choices don't happen, but I think for lot of people who commit suicide are battling depression. And someone killing themselves because of depression should cause no more guilt than someone dying of any disease or accident.
Sometimes the reaper comes for you.

We will agree to disagree here then.

And now you know what song is in my head and I'm headed to YouTube. LOL!

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2015, 1:18 am

Agreed

While youtubing for possible songs you are referencing, I came across this which I encourage anyone who is feeling down to watch. (It's pleasantly distracting with actual space footage.)

It's performed by Chris Hadfield, a Canadian astronaut, while on the space station.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2015, 1:51 am

androbot01 wrote:
Agreed

While youtubing for possible songs you are referencing, I came across this which I encourage anyone who is feeling down to watch. (It's pleasantly distracting with actual space footage.)

It's performed by Chris Hadfield, a Canadian astronaut, while on the space station.

I was referencing Don't Fear the Reaper by BOC.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2015, 1:58 am

Ah...
I like this image of the reaper:

A game you can't win.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2015, 2:13 am

I like the reapers on "Dead Like Me'. It's on Amazon I believe. Check it out if you get a chance. Good series.

I also like the reaper on the logo of Sons of Anarchy. I was raised in the 70's with all that old rock and roll and tons of s**t had the reaper on it. I like that skeleton in the black look.

Maybe my son will want that in his tatt too lol (That is a reference to my post today on my thread in the Haven about my MIL and the cat crap)

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2015, 2:16 am

Cat crap is annoying. As was my ex-mil. What tattoo does your son want to get? I've been thinking of getting one. I like how they use a lot of colour these days.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2015, 2:52 am

androbot01 wrote:
Cat crap is annoying. As was my ex-mil. What tattoo does your son want to get? I've been thinking of getting one. I like how they use a lot of colour these days.

Go read that post. It explains everything. It's an atrocious parody of a decent backpiece in my opinion but he wants it. It's probably the redneckiest tatt ever. He wants to incorporate all sorts of things from music and pop culture and our coat of arms into it. Those things I listed are just the MAJOR THINGS he wants in it. It's insane. I hope to God he doesn't get it.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2015, 10:45 am

androbot01 wrote:
Agreed

I love this rendition of the song

frenchmanflats
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2015, 9:12 pm

I have lost two relatives to suicide. One, he hung himself and the second was a "hot shot" of heroin. I ask myself the same question Why?

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2015, 10:25 pm

I love when people blame the person who committed suicide.(sarcasm) I think people are thinking more about never feeling pain again than hurting someones fragile self.

SwissPagan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Oct 2015, 6:56 am

androbot01 wrote:
People sometimes seem to be angry at another's perceived weakness when they commit suicide. And I think there is more than anger, almost a sense of being offended. Like suicide is bad manners because look out how great the world we made is. Suicide is viewed as rejection of society and of one's social network. I think this is where the anger comes from, in part.

little do they realize, it is usually that society that drives us to that end...

Cockroach96
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2015, 8:00 am

Spiderpig wrote:
Suicide should be punishable by death.

In that context, the death punishment would actually be a reward(if the person fails the suicide attempt).
"You tried and failed? Don't worry, we'll take care of this for you."