Veteran

23 Sep 2015, 2:25 pm

slave wrote:
but...but...God is LOVE! :roll:

God = love

Love = blind

Stevie Wonder = blind

Ergo Stevie Wonder = God!

Q.E.D. Theism confirmed! Checkmate Atheists!

adoylelb90815
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Sep 2015, 4:14 pm

It could also be said that science is what God use to start the Big Bang, and that evolution is just one of the tools that was used. Another thing is that a day to God isn't the same as it is for us, so the 7 days thing can still fit in with the 4+billion years it took for the planet to develop and sustain life.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2015, 4:48 pm

aspietronic wrote:
If God created the universe why do some scientists doubt God's love for humanity? I see all the effects of God's love in the whole universe and he gave me a intellectual mind to study science and it reminds me of how much he loves me

If the Universe is a expression of God love He made a very bad job; the truth is that we live in a very cruel world in which death and suffering is everywhere. I imagine God, if He exist, to be something even more deep, mysterious that the creator of the Universe; God could well be the One who, beyond space, time and even physical laws, is holding and create the mathematical canvas or reality.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2015, 5:42 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
slave wrote:
but...but...God is LOVE! :roll:

God = love

Love = blind

Stevie Wonder = blind

Ergo Stevie Wonder = God!

Q.E.D. Theism confirmed! Checkmate Atheists!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your logic is so flawless, I'd swear you are a theist. :wink:

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2015, 8:38 pm

Tollorin wrote:
aspietronic wrote:
If God created the universe why do some scientists doubt God's love for humanity? I see all the effects of God's love in the whole universe and he gave me a intellectual mind to study science and it reminds me of how much he loves me

If the Universe is a expression of God love He made a very bad job; .

You mean things like human specific parasites are not an expression of god's love for us?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2015, 8:55 pm

Cash__ wrote:
Tollorin wrote:
aspietronic wrote:
If the Universe is a expression of God love He made a very bad job ...
You mean things like human specific parasites are not an expression of god's love for us?
~99.99999 percent of the universe is hostile to life. Where is the love?

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2015, 3:57 am

adoylelb90815 wrote:
It could also be said that science is what God use to start the Big Bang, and that evolution is just one of the tools that was used. Another thing is that a day to God isn't the same as it is for us, so the 7 days thing can still fit in with the 4+billion years it took for the planet to develop and sustain life.

That could be said, but that is one of the worst cases of shoe-horning i've seen in a long time (i knew about this "idea" before though).

if you take this idea, then there is no more need for a living god in our universe: you could also say that the big bang was a failed science experiment in the high school of some 5th dimensional species

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2015, 11:31 pm

http://godisimaginary.com/ just saying, research every topic on this page and just not refuse to look it up and do research on this site and I guarantee you its all fake and a waste of time!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

glebel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2015, 10:26 am

Fnord wrote:
Cash__ wrote:
Tollorin wrote:
aspietronic wrote:
If the Universe is a expression of God love He made a very bad job ...
~99.99999 percent of the universe is hostile to life. Where is the love?

:D The amazing thing is that there is one place in a hostile universe that harbors life. :D

Peejay
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Sep 2015, 11:12 am

We humans have a vastly inflated sense of self importance to a universe (multiverse?) which is so incomprehensibly large and doesn`t personally care

The `God` concept is just a ramification of humans fear of the dark (death)

The real mystery is Chemystery,

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2015, 11:22 am

The percentage of theists who reject science outright is very, very small.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

slave
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2015, 1:07 am

Peejay wrote:
We humans have a vastly inflated sense of self importance to a universe (multiverse?) which is so incomprehensibly large and doesn`t personally care

The `God` concept is just a ramification of humans fear of the dark (death)

The real mystery is Chemystery,

Amen, Peejay!! !! !

They are death deniers.

Streets of gold, pearly gates... :lol: Gee could that be a desert dogma fantasy?

Our entire galaxy is not statistically significant, let alone this puny planet and its single follicle-challenged bipedal ape.

We seriously need to stop believing our own hype.

Last edited by slave on 30 Sep 2015, 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2015, 1:11 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
The percentage of theists who reject science outright is very, very small.

and those that do write all kinds of s**t using their laptop and post it on YouTube in the Science videos.

if they hate Science they shouldn't be allowed to use a computer(invented by Science) or the internet. :lol: