Page 8 of 10 [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2015, 9:37 am

I love the Eleventh Doctor's theme song: dun dun dun dun dun dun da dun dun dun dun dun dun dun da. Actually, I love the themes of Nine, Ten, Eleven, and Twelve. Amy, River, and Clara are my favourites in terms of companion themes.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Nist498
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2015, 9:42 am

Kuraudo777 wrote:
I love the Eleventh Doctor's theme song: dun dun dun dun dun dun da dun dun dun dun dun dun dun da. Actually, I love the themes of Nine, Ten, Eleven, and Twelve. Amy, River, and Clara are my favourites in terms of companion themes.

That and "The Majestic Tale (Of a Madman with a Box)" that shows up in season 6 onwards. 11th had one of the most BA themes in Who history which makes sense since originally they thought he was going to be a swashbuckling type of character.

My favorite companions have to be Amy and Rory. Amy was one of the more relatable female companions to me (on top of being one of the hottest) and Rory is by far one of the best male companions the Doctor has ever had. His character progression from weak milquetoast to confident husband and even warrior was one of the best the series has ever accomplished.

All magic comes with a price! - Rumplestiltskin

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2015, 9:44 am

^I agree totally! Sarah Jane, Amy, Rory, River, and Clara are my top five favourite companions. :cheers:

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2015, 12:01 pm

I personally enjoy the versions of the theme song used for the classic doctors. I think my favorite would be the version used for the Fifth Doctor. All the versions are great. I wonder when the next time we will get to see The Doctor with a male companion. I enjoyed the doctor traveling with Rory and Jack in the new series and Adric in the classic series. :D

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2015, 12:03 pm

Maybe the next companion will be male.

Omerik
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Dec 2015, 7:33 am

I like the original intro the best. Anyone else?

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2015, 2:42 pm

I like the original, Tom Baker, and Eleventh Doctor intros best.

Nist498
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2015, 5:07 pm

My general favorites are 5th and 8th through 11th.

All magic comes with a price! - Rumplestiltskin

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2015, 9:21 pm

Have any of you watched the spinoffs? I am completely obsessed with Torchwood and The Sarah Jane Adventures.
Also, five days until the Christmas special :D

Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2015, 9:31 am

The chemistry with capaldi and kingston is just unreal, there's no way they can avoid including river song in a much larger role next season. With that said I actually liked the christmas special 8O

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2015, 11:08 am

I haven't watched it yet, so no spoilers, please!

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2015, 12:42 pm

With my prosopagnosia, I can't tell doctors 9, 10, and 11 apart.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2015, 12:43 pm

^What does that mean? :?

littlecatinthewindow
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2016, 7:37 am

I'm a casual fan of the show. I haven't found the time to watch the original episodes, and I have missed a few of the new ones, but I still like to watch it sometimes.

I thought that "Heaven Sent," which has only the Doctor as the main character, was a very good episode. I liked how it focused on him trying to find his way around the place, and then it turns out to be some sort of repeating sequence.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2016, 10:18 pm

Kuraudo777 wrote:
^What does that mean? :?

Assuming you mean prosopagnosia, it refers to a problem in identifying faces. The problem appears to be with the right fusiform gyrus in the brain.

Cases of acquired prosopagnosia are due to disease such as Alzheimer's or to injury such as a car accident. Often, such cases are quite profound.

Those of us with congenital prosopagnosia or developmental prosopagnosia have had a problem since birth. The problem is often, but not always, as bad as acquired prosopagnosia.

In my case, I primarily identify people by the situation and by voice. Other things that can help is hair color or style, clothes, and body type.

For example, when someone I work with is at the office I can recognize them but I might not recognize them if I met them in a store in a neighboring town. On one occasion after my younger brother got a haircut when I was 20, I asked him if he had seen my younger brother. One reason why I tend to let my hair grow out and be fairly wild is so that I recognize myself in a mirror. One of my nephews has three kids -- two boys and a girl. I can't tell the boys apart unless they are standing next to each other and I see which is taller. I can't really tell the girl apart from other girls her age with dark hair.

It helps to live in a small town. I just assume that I know everyone and so I talk to them like I see them all the time. Sometimes I watch for signs of recognition.

On New Years Eve I went over to the local Dairy Queen for supper. I'm pretty sure that I knew everyone who was in there when I arrived, but the only one there who I recognized was the woman at the counter who I expected to be there. I talked to several people there who called me by name without me being able to identify them at all. When I was about to leave, three older people walked in who I assume I didn't know because they gave no sign of recognition. I still said howdy to them just in case.

SerOrange
Raven
Raven

04 Jan 2016, 3:53 am

TheSilentOne wrote:
Have any of you watched the spinoffs? I am completely obsessed with Torchwood and The Sarah Jane Adventures.
Also, five days until the Christmas special :D
I usually don't think much of spinoffs but Torchwood was amazing, I liked it more than Doctor Who.
Oh, on account of your avatar, Ianto Jones and Jack Harkness are by far two of my favourite tv/movie characters of all time.