Page 2322 of 4092 [ 65462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2319, 2320, 2321, 2322, 2323, 2324, 2325 ... 4092  Next

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 5:21 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
I can't understand how people can read the Bible and call God a 'God of Love/Mercy/whatever' despite all of the horrendous things that go on it in. Maybe they see what they want to believe?

Because the religious fanatics deliberately overlook those details on purpose thereby, affording them their so-called moral behavior patterns, if this makes sense?

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 5:25 pm

Temeraire wrote:
Good afternoon all.
Hope you are having a relaxing Sunday.

Yes, definitely. I was watching Christmas movies, and I just got off the phone. I was feeling better about all the stuff I'm doing, though I'm feeling more anxious again now that it's Sunday evening.

I saw the new Star Wars this weekend. It was quite good. Not quite as many fun moments as in The Force Awakens, some more emotional moments and questions answered though. Has anyone else seen it?

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 5:33 pm

DataB4 wrote:
Temeraire wrote:
Good afternoon all.

Yes, definitely. I was watching Christmas movies, and I just got off the phone. I was feeling better about all the stuff I'm doing, though I'm feeling more anxious again now that it's Sunday evening.

I saw the new Star Wars this weekend. It was quite good. Not quite as many fun moments as in The Force Awakens, some more emotional moments and questions answered though. Has anyone else seen it?

I had seen "The Last Jedi" and there was emotional content as well, one wonder what happens next.

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 5:42 pm

^Cool. :) I could say more but I don't want to spoil anything.

I've also been watching Star Trek Discovery. Not bad. Not as compelling as the other series but not bad.

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 5:47 pm

DataB4 wrote:
^Cool. :) I could say more but I don't want to spoil anything.

I've also been watching Star Trek Discovery. Not bad. Not as compelling as the other series but not bad.

Yes, I know what you mean as, I would not want to ruin it for anyone whom has not seen it yet.

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 6:06 pm

DataB4 wrote:
Temeraire wrote:
Good afternoon all.

I have been meaning to see the last couple of Star Wars films for ages.
This could be next on my treat list.

I want to see War for the planet of the apes, I like a bit of monkey action.

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 6:10 pm

That sounds like an interesting film,Temeraire

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 6:16 pm

^^I haven't seen that one yet. I could have gone with friends but I didn't. I kind of wonder what more they can do with those movies now. I'll probably check it out eventually though.

The movie theater is mostly social for me. With few exceptions, I'd otherwise wait for the movie to come out on Netflix or whatever. Few movies are really that awesome for me, that I'd spend money to see them by myself.

Last edited by DataB4 on 17 Dec 2017, 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 6:17 pm

kazanscube wrote:

I remember the old series back in the 70s/80s so the new films are so different and show the origins.

Have you never seen a planet of the apes films Kazan?

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 6:21 pm

DataB4 wrote:
^^I haven't seen that one yet. I could have gone with friends but I didn't. I kind of wonder what more they can do with those movies now. I'll probably check it out eventually though.

The movie theater is mostly social for me. With few exceptions, I'd otherwise wait for the movie to come out on Netflix or whatever. Few movies are really that awesome for me, that I'd spend money to see them by myself.

I know what you mean about paying for a movie when little out there gets me excited. I usually wait for them to come out on the TV or download.

I am looking forward to the next lot of Avatar movies - I hope they do not disappoint.

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 6:29 pm

^Me too... Maybe. :lol: The story seemed so complete though, not sure where they can go with it. Maybe the main characters have a child together, a child of both worlds? That usually makes for a good story. :)

I tend to really enjoy stories about outsiders. I think that’s partly because I feel like an outsider myself in mainstream society, also because outsider characters tend to be the most fascinating.

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 6:42 pm

DataB4 wrote:
^Me too... Maybe. :lol: The story seemed so complete though, not sure where they can go with it. Maybe the main characters have a child together, a child of both worlds? That usually makes for a good story. :)

I tend to really enjoy stories about outsiders. I think that’s partly because I feel like an outsider myself in mainstream society, also because outsider characters tend to be the most fascinating.

I am wondering what they will do with these too. Perhaps the main character will be able to stay in his alien body or there will be a war with a different planet coming to steal their natural wealth.

I like to be able to escape into a movie - it's like a mini holiday.

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 7:01 pm

^That's a good idea about Avatar. I also like to escape into a good movie. Books and TV shows are good for that too. And sometimes it's good to read or watch something from my childhood. For nostalgia and because the emotions are simpler sometimes.Characters in children's and YA fiction seem to have more fun and more discovery too, so it's a different state of mind. Can anyone relate to that?

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 7:04 pm

^I agree.

Our Christmas movie lineup so far includes Christmas Vacation, Arthur Christmas, Trapped in Paradise, and Muppet's Christmas Carol.
I've never seen It's a Wonderful Life.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 7:06 pm

Temeraire wrote:
kazanscube wrote:

I remember the old series back in the 70s/80s so the new films are so different and show the origins.

Have you never seen a planet of the apes films Kazan?

Yes,yes I have as well as the original planet of the apes series from the 70's

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 7:07 pm

Boo has a box all to herself now, as well as two or three chairs, a basket, and my bed. I've got some cute pictures of her that I'm planning to upload tomorrow. :mrgreen:

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII