Page 2011 of 4092 [ 65462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 ... 4092  Next

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 7:26 pm

I don't really know what is meant by pure.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 7:30 pm

Booyakasha wrote:
Raleigh wrote:
Cancer is very tricky because it mimics normal cells i.e. the immune system doesn't see it as a threat.
Still, I can't see how effectively killing the immune system with chemo benefits the body as a whole.
I think that's the problem - too much focus on the cancer and not enough on the health and wellbeing of the person overall.
It's like they disregard the person completely sometimes.

Exactly, I read it destroys brain cells, and vital organs. I mean what was the point of all that, if he wasn't even allowed to get out, since there might be some germs in the air?

Cancer was here before, and I bet those ancient people lived longer, even with cancer.

my husband has a virulent type of leukemia. he is still alive due to chemo. thanks to chemo, he gets to go to paris next month and i get to keep him for a few extra months. he has some tingling in his left hand and occasionally has to get transfusions of blood or platelets and in the first two strong rounds of chemo, he lost his appetite for a few weeks and had some infections. we both feel that treatment has been worthwhile. of note is that he didn't mind being in hospital for seven weeks because i provided him with a radio playing his favorite music and because his favorite activity is writing, which he could do there. someone who hates hospitals might have a different opinion.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 7:42 pm

^If I did not, for whatever reason, I would most likely make myself deathly sick.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

LaurenLissa
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Aug 2017, 7:51 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
^I watch Digimon in Japanese. But, then, I mostly prefer Japanese audio when it comes to anime and video games [there's only a couple games that I prefer the English].

Clannad is even worse--beyond depressing. But at least it has a happy ending.

I love Clamp manga! Tsubasa is my favourite, with RG Veda a close second. I have Clover, XXXholic, Cardcaptor Sakura, Gate 7, and Chobits.

I feel similarly. I prefer subs over dubs with anime. Video games I like to have in English, though.

What did you think of Clover? That is seriously one of my favorite storylines of all time! I used to want a three-leaf clover tattoo with a bar code because of it!

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 7:54 pm

^Um...despite the fact that all of the clovers were either imprisoned or had drastically shorted lifespans because of how powerful they were?

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 8:32 pm

Good evening, all. :mrgreen:

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 8:33 pm

Raleigh wrote:

It's kind of a segregate term now isn't it? :?

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 9:10 pm

Lillikoi wrote:
Good evening, all. :mrgreen:

Hello.

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 9:20 pm

Hey Lillikoi and Cberg!

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 9:24 pm

cberg wrote:
Raleigh wrote:

It's kind of a segregate term now isn't it? :?

I enterpreted the term pure to mean not have sex as what cathylynn meant. I might be very wrong though.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 9:30 pm

but Kura stated drinking alcohol was impure.

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 9:35 pm

Oh ok. I got the impression that had something to do with her health.

Anyway I should stop guessing what people mean :P

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 9:42 pm

If I had a house I wouldn't want to have any outdoor lights. Many houses have many lights for example on the walls, on the garage or in the gardens. It's nice to look at, and if no one had outdoor lights it would be very dark around. Still, it's such a waste of money.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 9:44 pm

What about solar lights?
I have them at the front and back.
They're sensor lights, so they only come on when someone approaches them.

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 9:52 pm

Solar lights, does that mean that they gather energy from the sun?

If so, then yes absolutely. The only cost is to buy them I guess.

I understand outdoor lights can serve another purpose, which is to give the impression someone is home. I mean a burglar might be more hesitant to approatch a house with lights. Also lights close to the door is of course handy, so that you can see where you are going, and see the key whole. I know this from experience, as I didn't turn on the outdoor light where I lived before :lol:

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 10:10 pm

^ yes, they charge during the day and switch on at night.
I have two on either side of the posts at my front door and one at the back near my shed so I can see to get my bike out in the early mornings when I cycle.

You can get really pretty ones for the garden, but I prefer the sensor ones because they don't attract as many moths.

They also would deter prowlers, I guess, coming on suddenly like a spotlight. :lol: