Page 1 of 5 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Aniihya
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2015, 11:20 am

What are your religious views? Are you strict adhereing to a sects rules or do you have a more individualized belief?

I can't really give a label. The closest would be ignostic. I however am well versed with theology and often see it as a duty to help religious people in seeking their calling. If I was a muslim, I would be a Quranist. If I was a christian, I would more be on the mysticism part. If I was Jewish, I would probably be a more liberal Hasid. My views mostly go towards gaining knowledge, learning from experience, using my brain. I am open towards all kinds of knowledge and I do not see science and belief to necessarily be contradictory.

These metaphysical views are the beliefs that are more certain to me: An afterlife where I am a guide for recently deceased souls. Neutrality towards the possibility of higher beings, I would regard myself as neither theist nor atheist.

With those beliefs I could be wrong, but I choose to believe them as there is no evidence for or against it and it is what my heart desires. I pretty much live by, "Uncertainty leads to curiosity which leads to wisdom. Certainty leads to ignorance which leads to bigotry. You cannot learn if you never consider that you could be wrong."

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2015, 11:51 am

Open minded Catholic

While I agree with most of the churches positions, I am pro gay marriage and for gay adoption. I also believe in evolution, which from what I'm reading doesn't conflict with being Catholic at all.

glebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2015, 11:59 am

Mainstream Lutheran.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2015, 3:17 am

Agnostic Atheistic Spiritualist.

I do not believe that a god exists, but i am open to the possibility, should good evidence be given ("good evidence", beyond emotions and a single book).
However, i do believe and feel that there is more than the eye can see and things that science hasn't commented on (aura's, as a main example, and to some extend chacras, qi and nature spirits)

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2015, 1:20 pm

Protestant

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2015, 1:38 pm

Agnostic.

I believe there are things about life that we can never know. So I'm not going to waste my time thinking about it.

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2015, 2:16 pm

Catholic.

MonsterCrack
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2015, 5:16 pm

I am a Muslim, and I guess I can say I'm practicing... I pray 5 times a day, don't eat pork, and am against drinking alcohol (even though I'm only 16 and can't anyway), I invoke God's name before and after eating, celebrate holidays and attend prayer services every Friday I'm not at school, and prayer services for every holiday, I also am against sex or kissing outside of marriage (but considering as I've never gotten close I can't say I "fought the temptation," at all), I try to fast during Ramadan but have had trouble due to medical concerns, I don't believe in using interest, I don't gamble, and just to be safe, I haven't listened to music with wind and string instruments or female singers in quite a while (many Muslims say these are forbidden).... I am Sunni, but am trying to find my path within sunni islam, and am considering either Gulenism or Salafism...

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2015, 5:22 pm

MonsterCrack
Wow! I respect your discipline. I'm not religious so it's hard for me to imagine living like that. Good luck finding your path.

MonsterCrack
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2015, 5:28 pm

Lukeda420 wrote:
MonsterCrack
Wow! I respect your discipline. I'm not religious so it's hard for me to imagine living like that. Good luck finding your path.

Why, thank you, Luke! How nice of you to say.... I guess it's in part because I was brought up in Islam, and in part due to soul searching.... Besides, I know a lot of converts to Islam who take the religion more seriously than most Muslims do, such as Yusuf Estes and Yusha Evans.... But anyway, thank you, and hopefully I'll find a path... :)

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2015, 5:30 pm

Agnostic/spiritual, but when I say spiritual I don't mean New Age/spirit science stuff

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2015, 5:45 pm

I'm a Catholic.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2015, 6:10 pm

Born, raised, and still am a Lutheran. But I do find myself at odds with my own branch of Lutheranism (the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod) concerning my support for LGBT rights and gay marriage, as well on the question of evolution, of which I am in favor of. The thing is though, the conservative stance on the already mentioned issues my church takes has more to do with the policies set by the conservative clique in the MIdwest that runs the Missouri Synod, while dissenting views are hardly unknown in other regions, such as my own Pacific Northwest.

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2015, 8:49 pm

Apatheist

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2015, 2:19 am

Protestant but not actively a church goer.

QueenBeeSylv
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Oct 2015, 11:54 am

Pretty basic trinitarian - we're unchurched, too off-center for most congregations. I like the Catholic Mass, but can't fully buy in. M is more nondemoninational charismatic in worship. We do fine togetyher, jujst don't play well with others.