Page 115 of 128 [ 2039 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118 ... 128  Next

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 5:36 pm

^Arigatou gozaimasu! :)

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 1:27 pm

Somehow I have three projects on the go at once. How did that happen?

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2017, 12:48 pm

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2017, 1:04 pm

^ The magnitude of that orchestra/chorus reminded me of this, which I think is completely stunning. The "reveal" from 0:20-0:30 always gives me goosebumps.

Maybe you are in there somewhere? :D

There Are Four Lights!

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2017, 2:45 pm

^Wowie! :o 8)

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2017, 1:05 pm

I'm working on my latest book, and so far it's going well.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

03 Jul 2017, 1:17 pm

Fantastic! :heart:

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2017, 1:21 pm

The neat thing about it is that is starts with a very broad, almost omnipresent narration, and then slowly narrows the focus until you finally get inside the characters' heads.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2017, 4:43 pm

You're working on anthology(ies?)!

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2017, 4:55 pm

^Well, no, more like a very, very long fantasy/supernatural/spiritual/asexual romantic novel with sci-fi sprinkles.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2017, 5:18 pm

You know it's sketchy, channeling Pullman! :D :lol: I sure couldn't quite do it.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2017, 5:27 pm

Pullman? As in Phillip Pullman? I've never read any of his books. No, I'm just channeling my own weird creativity.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

04 Jul 2017, 8:20 am

Go for it. That's what works best - when you draw from your own inspirational well. However, many writers have been influenced by others who came before them, yet produced their own unique work without fear of plagiarism.

We look forward to seeing your updates!

my blog:

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 10:14 am

I've joined an online writing camp, and the goal is to write a 50,000 word book in a month. I'm aiming for 2,000 words today, to try to catch up, but I think I should have lowered the goal to 20,000 instead. Oops. :mrgreen:

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

04 Jul 2017, 10:22 am

it's the first I hear of an online "camp"! A virtual camp takes the cookie... a camp without the tents, queueing for hamburgers, mosquitoes, etc...the comforts of home but with the work!

my blog:

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 10:26 am

It's great especially since I really don't like actual camp. :lol:

I'm doing something rather daring [at least, daring for me]: I'm purposely skipping a huge section in my book. The readers will be happily reading along, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7--"wait, what happened to section six?!" :lol: