Page 3 of 6 [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Golubaya_Krov
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Dec 2015, 9:10 am

Only banned on gameservers (mainly from suspicion of cheating, without evidence), not websites.

EphraimB
Raven
Raven

14 Mar 2016, 7:06 pm

I got banned from

1) Cemetech
2) Omnimaga

My personality type: INTJ-T

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2016, 7:34 pm

I was ip-banned on one of Onision's forums several times over. Can't remember all the reasons but believe me, they were ridiculous. In fact a fair few prominent members got banned for some of the stupidest things. That guy was absolutely crazy with his ban hammer.

Things were so bad that I kept creating new accounts with fake ip adresses and was completely open about my identities - the moderators on his forum all knew me and couldn't care less about my being banned by the admin because they understood how wacko he was.

And weirdly, it seems I've been ip-banned from http://www.diabloii.net/. I've never posted there, only used it as an information source so I have no idea even how I was banned, let alone why.

Deltaville
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2016, 7:55 pm

Sabreclaw wrote:
I was ip-banned on one of Onision's forums several times over. Can't remember all the reasons but believe me, they were ridiculous. In fact a fair few prominent members got banned for some of the stupidest things. That guy was absolutely crazy with his ban hammer.

Things were so bad that I kept creating new accounts with fake ip adresses and was completely open about my identities - the moderators on his forum all knew me and couldn't care less about my being banned by the admin because they understood how wacko he was.

And weirdly, it seems I've been ip-banned from http://www.diabloii.net/. I've never posted there, only used it as an information source so I have no idea even how I was banned, let alone why.

Might have been robots.txt, and probably not a human moderator.

"Don't forget to floss." - Darkwing Duck

Abyssalrider
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Mar 2016, 10:17 am

Only ban i've gotten is a permaban on the AMD support forums for asking a question regarding a bug with my graphic drivers, and arguing with people on the forum who replied with an answer that either didn't work, i already tried, or wasn't very clear so i asked for clarification. To this day i still never got a reason for the ban and only had the account for less than 24 hours.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2016, 10:57 am

I remember my account being suspended on a text based MMORPG a couple of times because I kept discovering game-breaking bugs that would severely unbalance all the wealth, inventories and stats in the game for the guilds and all the players. Going back a good 16-17 years ago now.

I was in direct contact with the game's creator a good period of this time. I think he made the decision to just stop me playing and grill me over messenger instead because I was a bored kid who just kept finding ways to make the state of play chaotic. Eventually I got bored of the game altogether by the time I could log back on and moved onto more constructive things like college work.

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2016, 3:44 pm

I was banned from Rich Dad Forum (Robert Kiyosaki, remember him?) and a daughter forum whose name I can't remember, due to an idiot shrink who took me off my antipsychotics which resulted in a weird semi-psychotic break. I was posting some really strange stuff, so they kicked me off.

I've been banned from several (two or three) survivalist forums. A couple were owned by the same guy, and he hated me (but it wasn't just me, he hated a LOT of people), and he made one of his buddies a mod and that guy banned a crapload of members. I was also banned from Survivalist Boards because I made some oddball posts that unintentionally turned into flame wars.

As for forums I left voluntarily, there have been several, places I realized I simply didn't belong. I left Antique Radios Forum for a while, then went back. I left Homesteading Today because I realized I had nothing to contribute. I left Nevada Talks (now defunct) because I changed my mind about moving to the Silver State.

And then there's Usenet, remember that? I was online in the early days, bought my first modem in January 1995. On Usenet, there was no way to ban people, so the regulars simply screamed at errant members until the offenders quit. I got thrown off soc.history.what-if two or three times, alt.legends.urban for a post that the regulars thought was racist, and there were others. I had to change my handle a bunch of times. That was before I was medicated.

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2016, 2:09 pm

Now a mod on Antique Radios Forums is screaming at me for some reason, so I'd better get out of there before the banhammer falls. Sigh... :roll: :roll:

MrLucky
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Mar 2016, 5:44 pm

I've been banned from Free Republic. I see myself mostly center/right, well, more of the libertarian side of the Tea Party, conservatism, whatever you want to call it. I was a good member in standing since 1998 until 2015. I got into it because on one thread, they basically said LGBT's were monsters and sick people. I responded where I thought that was wrong, most LGBT's just want to be left alone and live out their lives in peace and contribute to society. I also made the point where they could be driving potential allies away as well as being too much of a broad blanket to say the least. I got "zotted" (banned) and accused of being a troll. I do not troll. It hurts me to see where all LGBT's are demonized, I have gay friends and a transexual cousin, they were a great support to me during and after my mother's illness and death. Also, I remember responding where this country and world has bigger problems than worrying who is gay or straight and as long as we work together, who cares? We face issues much, much bigger and more relevant than that and if things go wrong, we are all screwed. I said, "being a libertarian/conservative means thinking and deciding for oneself, not to parrot a position." I got banned. The guy who runs it claims to be on a "mission from God," when I hear things like that, that's a dangerous way to think. I'm still generally center/right but being a libertarian, "I'm too liberal" in many of their eyes. Yeah, I do have some leanings which would be seen as liberal, I have no problem with LGBT rights, I'm 99% against the death penalty and I am warming up to the idea of a Universal Basic Income but I still occupy the center/right side of the spectrum.

MrLucky
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Mar 2016, 5:46 pm

pezar wrote:
I was banned from Rich Dad Forum (Robert Kiyosaki, remember him?) and a daughter forum whose name I can't remember, due to an idiot shrink who took me off my antipsychotics which resulted in a weird semi-psychotic break. I was posting some really strange stuff, so they kicked me off.

I've been banned from several (two or three) survivalist forums. A couple were owned by the same guy, and he hated me (but it wasn't just me, he hated a LOT of people), and he made one of his buddies a mod and that guy banned a crapload of members. I was also banned from Survivalist Boards because I made some oddball posts that unintentionally turned into flame wars.

As for forums I left voluntarily, there have been several, places I realized I simply didn't belong. I left Antique Radios Forum for a while, then went back. I left Homesteading Today because I realized I had nothing to contribute. I left Nevada Talks (now defunct) because I changed my mind about moving to the Silver State.

And then there's Usenet, remember that? I was online in the early days, bought my first modem in January 1995. On Usenet, there was no way to ban people, so the regulars simply screamed at errant members until the offenders quit. I got thrown off soc.history.what-if two or three times, alt.legends.urban for a post that the regulars thought was racist, and there were others. I had to change my handle a bunch of times. That was before I was medicated.

I was on soc.history.what-if too. I know of antique radios too, I'm an amateur radio operator. There is a site I'm on called Video Karma, they deal with TV's but also have a radio section too.

michael517
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2016, 8:28 am

Oh man, I had a co-worker who decided to quit being an engineer and become a real estate developer after reading that Rich Dad book, around 2001.

I believe he is a back being an engineer and doing quite nicely too.

He had some great stories too. The best one was a friend of his that worked on early web stuff at the U of I Beckman center (Netscape???), decided he should try his hand at consulting. He developed a database for a law firm, and the contract stated that the law firm owned the work. But this guy decided to sell it to other companies anyways. The law firm called him on it, so his reply was, 'So sue me'. Oh man, that is precious. I don't even know if the story is true but damn that is funny. You can guess what happened next. So the guy is broke, so he tries his hand at (early) web development, ending up selling his company for like $50 million (around the year 1999 or 2000).

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2016, 5:54 am

Harry's Place (permanently)
Digital Spy (twice)
Reddit (for 15 days)

I think that covers it.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2016, 6:58 am

pezar wrote:
Now a mod on Antique Radios Forums is screaming at me for some reason, so I'd better get out of there before the banhammer falls. Sigh... :roll: :roll:

Had no idea that "antique radios" could be such a hot button issue! Lol!

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2016, 3:57 am

got a short ban from 4chan for replying to a GET thread not too long ago :lol:

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Dulin
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Apr 2016, 8:47 am

I got banned from the facebook page Everyday Feminism because I wasn't understanding why it was cultural appropriation for white people having, for example, cornrows, and why that was wrong.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2016, 8:54 am

Kongregate: Being under 13.
Ninjakiwi: 3 Times for Hacking :lol:
Not much else