Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2015, 12:38 am

I just hate patronizing people. When I was a kid I dealt with so many patronizing people I got a bit violent. When people started acting less patronizing my violent behaviors stopped. I now have a lot of trouble getting close to people because I'm scared they'll be patronizing.

When people who I'm just getting to know try to care for me I get very suspicious because it feels like they're being patronizing. Especially if they're my age or younger.

Another thing I do to avoid patronizing people is hiding immature behaviors and never telling people about my diagnosis. I also do stuff like hide my age and gender on the internet. I sometimes create throwaway Reddit accounts just for the purpose of acting immature.

I'm also repelled by the idea of dating men because I constantly feel like they see me as a girl and nothing else. I sometimes wish I could just be a dyke, but I sometimes feel like I'm attracted to men and I'm not butch enough.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2015, 6:41 pm

It might just be innocent appearance, rather than how you behave or how you feel.

Sort of an uncontrollable halo effect.

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2015, 9:46 pm

@Thread lead question: A lot of what you post is about patronizing people. But I mean you said yourself that many people have been/are patronizing towards you, so it's understandable that you bring it up all the time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personality_disorder#Millon.27s_description
Which do you think would fit you?

Veilmenacex
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Nov 2015, 10:54 pm

antisocial and borderline personality disorders/traits in Asperger's can make you violent

Butterfly88
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2015, 12:35 pm

Hard to tell, I'd consult a professional.