I am attracted to girls and guys

Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2015, 9:20 pm

I really don't care what my potential partner's gender is, and have found myself liking girls as well as guys. I even like stroking girls' hair, especially if they are in braids. I seem to have a thing for braids. Anyway, is anyone else the same?

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Grammar Geek
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2015, 12:30 am

Yes, I am bisexual as well. I have felt attractions toward people of either gender; however, I've never been attracted toward anyone of a non-binary gender, so I can't call myself a pansexual.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2015, 10:36 am

What does non-binary gender mean? :? Interestingly, I like girls and guys, but I am also asexual, so I often wonder what will happen because of that in the long-run.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

01 Nov 2015, 1:49 pm

Don't worry too much about that; you'll surely meet a soul mate one day and then the gender won't been important providing there's a spark that goes beyond the physical, and enables perfect communication and understanding.

I like guys and have a soul mate. Relationships of any kind are never easy and I found someone who understands me, against the odds. However, we seldom see each other because various circumstances have placed us in cities at opposite ends of the country. But I hope that will change one day soon.

Take it as a comes: life can be an adventure.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2015, 1:59 pm

Thank you for your kind words! :) I might go to university or college next year, so who knows, I might find my soul mate there. I try to act like a river and flow, but sometimes it's hard. I think that with the 'spark' you mentioned, couples are rarely if ever happy together because they may not understand each other enough.

Drawyer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2015, 3:51 am

You mean you can be attracted to me? :oops:

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2015, 9:46 am

Yes, I can. I don't know if I am, but I do know that I think you are beautiful, Drawyer. :)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2015, 9:48 am

I've seen a picture of Drawyer. She's quite cute and beautiful. Men and women alike would feel quite good in her presence.

I would bet that Kuraudo is quite similar in that regard.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2015, 10:01 am

Really? Hmm...Well, I seem to have a lot of magnetism and attract nice people to me. I guess it's because I'm kind?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2015, 10:02 am

Yep...I think being kind helps.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2015, 10:08 am

Unfortunately, I seem to have a desire to stroke random girls' braids, and I have to concentrate hard when there's a girl with braided hair walking ahead of me at school. Does that make me seem creepy?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2015, 10:11 am

Not if you're friends with the braided girl. Girls stroke each other's hair all the time when they are friends.

Otherwise, I wouldn't even mention it. Just keep it within your thoughts.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2015, 10:32 am

Okay, thanks. I don't have any girls who are friends [except for one who is kind of like a big sister]. I'm best when I'm only surrounded by a small group of people I like and who like me. I've never actually been attracted to anyone real. All of my crushes were manga or video game heroes or heroines. :oops:

Catlover5
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2015, 11:16 am

I think I might be bisexual too. I don't know yet.

Neotenous Nordic
Toucan
Toucan

02 Nov 2015, 12:58 pm

Please excuse me if I'm hijacking your thread, but I picked up on something in your post that I would like to ask about, if you don't mind.

You say you're asexual. How do you foresee a relationship turning out if you fall in love with someone who is not asexual?

There seems to be different definitions of asexuality according to different people. Some have no active drive for sex, but are okay with it when it happens, it's just not something they desire too much. Others are repulsed or disgusted.

Is it okay if I ask where you stand in this definition? You don't have to answer if it makes you uncomfortable.

It's an interested subject, because I saw a documentary about two asexuals who got to know each other on the internet, then traveled a long way by plane to meet each other in real life, they clicked very well, spent a long vacation together and apparently never had sex. But they were cuddling, kissing and being otherwise intimate.

It seems to me there's a wide spectrum of how much or what kind of physical contact people want. Non-sexual touch can still be sensual and stimulating, and this seems to be where most asexuals differ in definition of erogenous zones.
Some are okay with touch that could almost be defined as foreplay, while others want a compeltely platonic relationship where the love is expressed in non physical ways.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2015, 1:17 pm

You're not hijacking! I'm interested in what you have to say!
I am disgusted by the thought of sex, but I like hugging and cuddling with my mum and my dad.
Hmm...I'm not sure how a relationship might go with someone who is not asexual, but I do know that boundaries must always be respected in relationships.