Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

starfox
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2015, 2:42 pm

It can be treated and symptoms can go away but once you've developed mental illness there will always be a bias to developing those symptoms again in times of stress.

Addicts may be clean for years but still crave substances.

Depressed my be feeling good yet have negative thoughts hanging around regardless.

Someone who has had delusions may have them pop up on occasion and they question if perhaps they are the truth.

Someone who had anxiety may begin to feel anxious again in safe situations.

Just know that for mental illness there isn't a cure, only treatment which is delaying the inevitable. You will feel symptoms again. It's not a bad thing though. If you know that, then there is no need to worry and you can be ready. I think it's good to know this.

Destruction and creation are 2 sides of the same coin.

CryosHypnoAeon
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Nov 2015, 7:48 am

First of all that's not true,

and stating this nonsense as if it were fact is to condemn innocent sufferers (mentally at least) to a life of believing they live in a kind of prison they can't get out of. Suicide is a big enough problem in this species. Suicide is higher in men, and highest in the Armed Forces.

There are many cases where the sufferers mature or develop out of their conditions.

Even in Autism, they say as you get older, you get less autistic.

Don't blindly believe every false thought that pops in front of your mind's eye.
This is dangerous (especially for other people).

I think most people here don't even know what their Mind is.
Let alone explored it. Self inquiry and meditation have transformed many, centuries back even.

Put a more critical eye on the thoughts you wish to express.
In my experience, most human thoughts that occur are not true.
This is part of the sad human ape condition we all live in and have to deal with.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2015, 8:16 am

it is only your belief that you are "ill" that can not be treated. (unless of course you are truly ill but whatever)

swimmeroo
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Nov 2015, 9:31 pm

You can certainly manage your own mental health, whether that means getting by with no meds, or needing to stay on meds but otherwise meeting most of your goals.

Best of luck to everyone.