Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

MonsterCrack
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2015, 6:05 pm

Barchan wrote:
MonsterCrack wrote:
the downsides: I couldn't fast during last ramadan because I was taking lithium and that made me real thirsty,

I don't think that's really a problem. Most Muslims would agree that the fast can be waived for a medical need. (when I was a teen I couldn't observe the fast because of a medication which can't be taken on an empty stomach).

MonsterCrack wrote:
I eat non ritually slaughtered meat (like fast food meat)

Eating halal isn't always practical in American society. But you should avoid fast food if you are Muslim, because there's no guarantee that the meat hasn't come into contact with bacon or other pork products. I've worked in fast food before. Those people never wash their hands.

MonsterCrack wrote:
I eat shellfish even though technically my family is of a denomination that doesn't eat shellfish (though my dad thinks that's not true) and so I "switched denominations" to be able to eat shellfish, but not really...

If being unable to eat crab and oyster is that much of a dealbreaker for you, I think you need to stop and look at your priorities. I mean, do you follow these laws because a book says so? Or because God says so?

MonsterCrack wrote:
I often switch religions, and I try "telepathically" talking to the violent kid at my school, trying to get him to get violent so that he gets picked up early and doesn't have to ride my bus and annoy me.... by saying (in my head) "we're going to kill you, spencer..... and throw you in prison" though I know it's not real....

Well, this is a little disturbing. What you are doing here is technically a form of sorcery, a low-level black magic technique called the Evil Eye. What you are doing is focusing your hate, and using it to inflict misfortune on another human being. Black magic sorcery is not permitted in Islam, or any major religion as far as I'm aware. It's an affront to God, and a violation of basic human decency. Magic is real and dangerous, so you need to stop this right away.

I thought evil eye was a look of jealousy...? and I don't look at him when I do it, since we're in separate parts of the school..... but i guess you're right.... evil eye is not just a JEALOUS look...

MonsterCrack
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2015, 6:07 pm

Barchan wrote:
MonsterCrack wrote:
the downsides: I couldn't fast during last ramadan because I was taking lithium and that made me real thirsty,

I don't think that's really a problem. Most Muslims would agree that the fast can be waived for a medical need. (when I was a teen I couldn't observe the fast because of a medication which can't be taken on an empty stomach).

[quote="MonsterCrack"] DUDE!! ! You're Muslim?! !! Finally, another Muslim on WP.... :) :)

MonsterCrack
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2015, 6:08 pm

Barchan wrote:
MonsterCrack wrote:

MonsterCrack wrote:
I eat non ritually slaughtered meat (like fast food meat)

Eating halal isn't always practical in American society. But you should avoid fast food if you are Muslim, because there's no guarantee that the meat hasn't come into contact with bacon or other pork products. I've worked in fast food before. Those people never wash their hands.

MonsterCrack wrote:
I eat shellfish even though technically my family is of a denomination that doesn't eat shellfish (though my dad thinks that's not true) and so I "switched denominations" to be able to eat shellfish, but not really...

If being unable to eat crab and oyster is that much of a dealbreaker for you, I think you need to stop and look at your priorities. I mean, do you follow these laws because a book says so? Or because God says so?

MonsterCrack wrote:
I often switch religions, and I try "telepathically" talking to the violent kid at my school, trying to get him to get violent so that he gets picked up early and doesn't have to ride my bus and annoy me.... by saying (in my head) "we're going to kill you, spencer..... and throw you in prison" though I know it's not real....

Well, this is a little disturbing. What you are doing here is technically a form of sorcery, a low-level black magic technique called the Evil Eye. What you are doing is focusing your hate, and using it to inflict misfortune on another human being. Black magic sorcery is not permitted in Islam, or any major religion as far as I'm aware. It's an affront to God, and a violation of basic human decency. Magic is real and dangerous, so you need to stop this right away.
I DO do it because God says so... isn't that the same thing?? The Qur'an is the verbatim word of God...

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2015, 7:56 pm

MonsterCrack wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
It sounds like you're "pious". But that's not the same thing as being "religious".

Having the outward appearance of devotion is "piety".

But if you feel the belief it in your heart then thats being religious.

Since you're flitting around to different religions and are only a novice in each religion even piety is a tall order.

But as far as I know you are "doing it right"- ie going through the motions of the religion you're trying out at the moment.

Though I dont know what that thing about the bully on the bus has to do with anything.
I do have the belief in my heart, that's why I pray to God when in need or want to help people.... but as for the bully on the bus, I try to cause him suffering so I don't suffer.... but in scientifically impossible ways... like telepathy

Make a voodoo doll of the guy, and stab it! Lol!

Or you could stand up to him, and beat the crap out of him.

MonsterCrack
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2015, 7:58 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
MonsterCrack wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
It sounds like you're "pious". But that's not the same thing as being "religious".

Having the outward appearance of devotion is "piety".

But if you feel the belief it in your heart then thats being religious.

Since you're flitting around to different religions and are only a novice in each religion even piety is a tall order.

But as far as I know you are "doing it right"- ie going through the motions of the religion you're trying out at the moment.

Though I dont know what that thing about the bully on the bus has to do with anything.
I do have the belief in my heart, that's why I pray to God when in need or want to help people.... but as for the bully on the bus, I try to cause him suffering so I don't suffer.... but in scientifically impossible ways... like telepathy

Make a voodoo doll of the guy, and stab it! Lol!

Or you could stand up to him, and beat the crap out of him.

i cant beat him up, because he doesn't really bully me... he bullies the low-functioning kids who can't fight back, and just makes fart jokes and sex jokes on the bus and tries talking to me all the time..... I can't understand what he's saying, and I don't want him picking on one of the low-functioning kids on the bus, so I try to torture him with telepathy.... so basically it's a combination of concern for others and mild annoyance...

Last edited by MonsterCrack on 20 Nov 2015, 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2015, 8:00 pm

It's only effective if HE believes you are using telepathy on him.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2015, 7:17 pm

Honestly, you sound like you WANT to be a devout believer that is entirely sure in what they believe. But you switch belief systems so wildly and frequently that it becomes very obvious that you don't know what you believe. Within two days you changed you mind on whether or not music was prohibited. Twice. And this, of course, by divine decree from the creator of the universe. Frankly, I think you're looking too hard for a system to follow, and the desire to be lead makes you vulnerable to exploitation.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2015, 9:13 am

First off.

You can look pious. But you cant 'look religous'.

Second

If you have to ask "do I look religous" then you're probably not really religious.