"Date other fat people if you're fat"

Page 6 of 7 [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

AR1500
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Nov 2015, 11:22 am

CommanderKeen wrote:
You do realize testosterone can increase and decrease right? Skinny guys that build muscle have more testosterone since they workout where as before, they didn't.

For the record, photos don't prove anything. All I asked is to cite the sources for your claims about skinny guys.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2015, 7:56 pm

I think that advice is given when someone is having troubles finding someone for their partner because no one will date them or go out with them so people give them that advice.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Omerik
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Nov 2015, 8:22 pm

That's BS.

I was always considered thin, now sometimes I have a pot belly. Sometimes it's not there when I keep my body "under control".

Either way I would date thin or "full" (as we say in Hebrew) ladies if they would find me attractive, and I find both "ways" attractive. It's really an individual thing.

But really, people change their body shape. It sounds ridiculous to me that you would say one should date people of a certain shape when it's not permanent to begin with.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2015, 2:23 am

AR1500 wrote:
CommanderKeen wrote:
You do realize testosterone can increase and decrease right? Skinny guys that build muscle have more testosterone since they workout where as before, they didn't.

For the record, photos don't prove anything. All I asked is to cite the sources for your claims about skinny guys.

Muscle hypertrophy induces testosterone increase, increase in metabolism, and a variety of other benefits beyond muscle/mass growth.

CommanderKeen is right, a male who strength trains will naturally produce more tesosterone than one who doesn't as the extra T is necessary to assist with muscle hypertrophy, just as protein is also important to assist with the process.

Men with the 'swimmer' body-type aren't thin at all but lean and still have decent muscle along with low body fat percentage.

"Testosterone increases lean body mass and decreases fat mass in young men; the magnitude of the changes induced by testosterone in lean and fat mass are correlated with testosterone dose and the prevalent testosterone concentrations. Older men are as responsive to the anabolic effects of testosterone on the muscle as young men, but have increased frequency of adverse events with higher testosterone doses. This reciprocal change in lean and fat mass induced by androgens is best explained by the hypothesis that androgens promote the commitment of mesenchymal pluripotent cells into myogenic lineage and inhibit adipogenesis through an androgen receptor mediated pathway. Resident muscle satellite cells increase in number with testosterone administration forming myoblasts leading to greater numbers of myonuclei in larger myofibers. Testosterone administration is associated with increased size of motor neurons. The roles of 5-alpha reduction and aromatization of testosterone into dihydrotestosterone and estradiol, respectively, in mediating testosterone effects on body composition are poorly understood.
SUMMARY:
Testosterone induces skeletal muscle hypertrophy by multiple mechanisms, including its effects in modulating the commitment of pluripotent mesenchymal cells. These changes in skeletal muscle lead to improved muscle strength and leg power; however, further studies are needed to determine the effects of testosterone on physical function and health-related outcomes in sarcopenia associated with aging and chronic illness."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15075918

Rivka333
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Nov 2015, 6:22 pm

CommanderKeen wrote:
It's not the same for women. Women have it easier finding men, than men have of finding women. They both have two completely different sets of standards.

You know that there are more women than men in the USA, and twice as many men as women are openly gay? And for every heterosexual woman who is in a relationship, there is a man who is in that relationship?

CommanderKeen
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2015, 11:58 pm

Outrider wrote:
AR1500 wrote:
CommanderKeen wrote:

Muscle hypertrophy induces testosterone increase, increase in metabolism, and a variety of other benefits beyond muscle/mass growth.

CommanderKeen is right, a male who strength trains will naturally produce more tesosterone than one who doesn't as the extra T is necessary to assist with muscle hypertrophy, just as protein is also important to assist with the process.

Men with the 'swimmer' body-type aren't thin at all but lean and still have decent muscle along with low body fat percentage.

"Testosterone increases lean body mass and decreases fat mass in young men; the magnitude of the changes induced by testosterone in lean and fat mass are correlated with testosterone dose and the prevalent testosterone concentrations. Older men are as responsive to the anabolic effects of testosterone on the muscle as young men, but have increased frequency of adverse events with higher testosterone doses. This reciprocal change in lean and fat mass induced by androgens is best explained by the hypothesis that androgens promote the commitment of mesenchymal pluripotent cells into myogenic lineage and inhibit adipogenesis through an androgen receptor mediated pathway. Resident muscle satellite cells increase in number with testosterone administration forming myoblasts leading to greater numbers of myonuclei in larger myofibers. Testosterone administration is associated with increased size of motor neurons. The roles of 5-alpha reduction and aromatization of testosterone into dihydrotestosterone and estradiol, respectively, in mediating testosterone effects on body composition are poorly understood.
SUMMARY:
Testosterone induces skeletal muscle hypertrophy by multiple mechanisms, including its effects in modulating the commitment of pluripotent mesenchymal cells. These changes in skeletal muscle lead to improved muscle strength and leg power; however, further studies are needed to determine the effects of testosterone on physical function and health-related outcomes in sarcopenia associated with aging and chronic illness."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15075918

Thank you.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2015, 1:33 am

Nocturnus wrote:
Yeah, many people get confused about the difference between and skinny. People that haven't worked out judge the arms as a sign of size or strength instead of looking at the chest, shoulders, traps, back muscles and whole frame.

agreed.

for starers, we have this guy:

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 3:27 pm

CommanderKeen wrote:
I'm curious and this isn't meant as any kind of insult, or anything like that. Do you find chubby guys more attractive, because skinny guys tend to be less masculine and more on the feminine side? That's not always the case of course, but bigger men fat or built, do usually have a more masculine quality to them than skinny men.

It's hard to say as I have also found skinner guys with more feminine appearance attractive as well. Also though I guess the chubby ones are more enjoyable to cuddle with not sure if that has much to do with feminine or masculine appearances.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2015, 7:38 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
Nocturnus wrote:
Yeah, many people get confused about the difference between and skinny. People that haven't worked out judge the arms as a sign of size or strength instead of looking at the chest, shoulders, traps, back muscles and whole frame.

agreed.

for starers, we have this guy:

That man is on synthol, a drug that puts a synthetic material in your arms that's supposed to make you look stronger than you really are.

But I still agree with the opinion.

Biceps are overrated. Most men who only train biceps have been nicknamed 'curlbros' and are usually looked down on. Another (less common) nickname is to mockingly call them 'chest and bicep warriors' - men who only train upper body and usually ignore their leg muscles, giving them a nice upper body but thin little chicken legs that make them look absolutely ridiculous.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2015, 11:40 am

CommanderKeen wrote:
This is not skinny. This is lean Image

Hmm too me it looks like there is something oddly disproportionate about this guy...whatever it is, makes him look unattractive to me.

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2015, 9:25 pm

They say that because fat people typically don't have as high of standards, many of them will date anybody who shows interest. Especially fat chicks.

This isn't meant to be harsh but if you're a moderately fat girl, you know that many guys are going to be turned off by it. And if a guy happens to show interest, fat chicks are extra friendly because they know that they're not going to impress you by their appearance but maybe if they make up for it with a nice warming personality, a guy who doesn't mind her fatness will give her a chance.

But yeah if you're a fat girl if you want your attractiveness appeal to go up, then lose weight. Consume less food, eat better food such as fruits and vegetables and lay off the junk food, go for walks, lift weights do low amount of weight but lots of repetition because this burns off fat. What you want to do is to burn as much fat off as possible because then you can become curvy and that is sexy to some guys. Obese isn't sexy at all.

Know the difference between curvy and obese.

Pineapplejuicex
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Dec 2015, 9:49 pm

darkphantomx1 wrote:
They say that because fat people typically don't have as high of standards, many of them will date anybody who shows interest. Especially fat chicks.

This isn't meant to be harsh but if you're a moderately fat girl, you know that many guys are going to be turned off by it. And if a guy happens to show interest, fat chicks are extra friendly because they know that they're not going to impress you by their appearance but maybe if they make up for it with a nice warming personality, a guy who doesn't mind her fatness will give her a chance.

But yeah if you're a fat girl if you want your attractiveness appeal to go up, then lose weight. Consume less food, eat better food such as fruits and vegetables and lay off the junk food, go for walks, lift weights do low amount of weight but lots of repetition because this burns off fat. What you want to do is to burn as much fat off as possible because then you can become curvy and that is sexy to some guys. Obese isn't sexy at all.

Know the difference between curvy and obese.

Disdain that drips off the page. So shocking that all girls sensibly want nothing at all to do with you . Not.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2015, 2:28 am

IMHO, You aren't entitled to have people love you and you aren't entitled for others to be attracted to you.

If you want a decent amount of attention than it is ideal to follow most of societies standard for physical attraction (not all, as many are unrealistic or unnecessary).

Yes, everyone has different tastes and there's plenty out there that will love you if you are unfit or out-of-shape, however you have no right to complain if these are the reason's other's don't find you attractive.

I only believe you should complain about a lack of dating success if you are 'doing all the right things...and still failing!' not when you're 'whining people aren't attracted to X trait' and not doing anything to fix the problem.

Culturally speaking, the majority of males are not attracted to overweight women, just like the majority of women are not attracted to overweight men.

The ideal body for a male is high metabolism, low-body fat, low risk for most diseases, moderate strength, high stamina, endurance and agility.

The ideal body for a female is high metabolism, moderate body fat, low risk for most diseases, low strength, moderate stamina, endurance and agility.

This is the body our ancestors survived on, and the one for ideal physiological function.

It is not the large, ripped guy for men, nor is it being stick-thin for women.

Should these men whine and complain women aren't attracted to him?

http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/enhanc ... 926-13.jpg

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/ori ... beards.png

Should his female equivalent have any right to do the same?

This is what whiny and complaining about things instead of fixing them actually looks like.

For once, I actually agree with some of darkphantomx's pos and think he has a point.

If you are overweight or have some other culturally undesirable trait, accept that many other people won't be attracted to you, and they have every right to do so.

Otherwise, why do you feel the need to complain? Unless you're actually working on improving your health/undesirable trait/whatever, it's not like many people are going to be attracted to you anyway. Accept that only some will be attracted to you and be quiet about it, or try to improve, I say.

It's the same thing as telling us aspie males to stop being a-høles and actually work on improving as a person and treating women like people instead of mistreating or generalizing women and then complaining about a lack of success, something I frequently see on this forum.

To OP: Imho, miss, if you want a male who can help you change your lifestyle for the better, I suggest developing the ability to at least make a start yourself. I believe it's not good to rely on another person to change your habits/lifestyle and this is something you should be able to have the willpower to start yourself. Apply this to anything in your life. It's your life, your choices and your responsibility. Just like I'm not going to rely on my girlfriend for finding me a job when I can take steps to do it myself. It's my resume, etc. and she shouldn't have to fill it out.

Many, many males probably will be attracted to a hard-working and dedicated woman, and by making a start this is very likely what you will become. I optimistically believe that you can do it, and there is no 'can't'. You can definitely still try and date someone who pushes you to try new things and experiences, in fact this is very healthy and I do myself. But without them, should you really lack the ability to do it yourself? I know that, while I usually lack the ability to go out of my comfort zone and try new things, I really could so long as I really push myself to. And yes I do have depression, anxiety and other issues. Can you do the same?

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2015, 3:14 am

every effort relies on you in the end. i agree that we live for ourselves. some believe this attitude has helped pus the west ahead of the rest of the world in some respects.

Sweetleaf wrote:
CommanderKeen wrote:

Hmm too me it looks like there is something oddly disproportionate about this guy...whatever it is, makes him look unattractive to me.

could it be that his nipples are close or not perfectly symmetrical? that is how it looks to me, though i know it may be average.

Outrider wrote:
That man is on synthol, a drug that puts a synthetic material in your arms that's supposed to make you look stronger than you really are.

But I still agree with the opinion.

Biceps are overrated. Most men who only train biceps have been nicknamed 'curlbros' and are usually looked down on. Another (less common) nickname is to mockingly call them 'chest and bicep warriors' - men who only train upper body and usually ignore their leg muscles, giving them a nice upper body but thin little chicken legs that make them look absolutely ridiculous.

yep, i knew about the synthol.

i hears "curls are for girls" thrown around by the guys on my track team in high school.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2015, 12:23 pm

Outrider wrote:
IMHO, You aren't entitled to have people love you and you aren't entitled for others to be attracted to you.

If you want a decent amount of attention than it is ideal to follow most of societies standard for physical attraction (not all, as many are unrealistic or unnecessary).

Yes, everyone has different tastes and there's plenty out there that will love you if you are unfit or out-of-shape, however you have no right to complain if these are the reason's other's don't find you attractive.

I only believe you should complain about a lack of dating success if you are 'doing all the right things...and still failing!' not when you're 'whining people aren't attracted to X trait' and not doing anything to fix the problem.

Culturally speaking, the majority of males are not attracted to overweight women, just like the majority of women are not attracted to overweight men.

The ideal body for a male is high metabolism, low-body fat, low risk for most diseases, moderate strength, high stamina, endurance and agility.

The ideal body for a female is high metabolism, moderate body fat, low risk for most diseases, low strength, moderate stamina, endurance and agility.

This is the body our ancestors survived on, and the one for ideal physiological function.

It is not the large, ripped guy for men, nor is it being stick-thin for women.

Should these men whine and complain women aren't attracted to him?

http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/enhanc ... 926-13.jpg

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/ori ... beards.png

Should his female equivalent have any right to do the same?

This is what whiny and complaining about things instead of fixing them actually looks like.

For once, I actually agree with some of darkphantomx's pos and think he has a point.

If you are overweight or have some other culturally undesirable trait, accept that many other people won't be attracted to you, and they have every right to do so.

Otherwise, why do you feel the need to complain? Unless you're actually working on improving your health/undesirable trait/whatever, it's not like many people are going to be attracted to you anyway. Accept that only some will be attracted to you and be quiet about it, or try to improve, I say.

It's the same thing as telling us aspie males to stop being a-høles and actually work on improving as a person and treating women like people instead of mistreating or generalizing women and then complaining about a lack of success, something I frequently see on this forum.

To OP: Imho, miss, if you want a male who can help you change your lifestyle for the better, I suggest developing the ability to at least make a start yourself. I believe it's not good to rely on another person to change your habits/lifestyle and this is something you should be able to have the willpower to start yourself. Apply this to anything in your life. It's your life, your choices and your responsibility. Just like I'm not going to rely on my girlfriend for finding me a job when I can take steps to do it myself. It's my resume, etc. and she shouldn't have to fill it out.

Many, many males probably will be attracted to a hard-working and dedicated woman, and by making a start this is very likely what you will become. I optimistically believe that you can do it, and there is no 'can't'. You can definitely still try and date someone who pushes you to try new things and experiences, in fact this is very healthy and I do myself. But without them, should you really lack the ability to do it yourself? I know that, while I usually lack the ability to go out of my comfort zone and try new things, I really could so long as I really push myself to. And yes I do have depression, anxiety and other issues. Can you do the same?

People have the right to complain about anything they want to actually...not that it'll necessarily help/change anything, but I think its covered under freedom of speech to complain. Also even if darkphantomx has truth to what he says its like he puts extra effort into being as nasty as he can about it....as if wording things harsher makes it more true...I think that is more what people take issue with.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2015, 12:30 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:

Sweetleaf wrote:
CommanderKeen wrote:

could it be that his nipples are close or not perfectly symmetrical? that is how it looks to me, though i know it may be average.

I guess he seems rather built/muscular down to around his belly button then it appears he just gets skinny below that. But there is also the chance the way his pants are sitting makes his legs look skinnier, maybe they are more toned(if that is the right word) like the rest of the body.