Offline matchmaking making a serious rebound

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2015, 11:12 am

^I used to be lonely and I've never had wine in my life.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Nocturnus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Nov 2015, 12:37 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Nocturnus wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Nocturnus wrote:
Pineapplejuicex wrote:
Met my boyfriend on OKC, both of us used real and recent (albeit flattering) photos. Putting a pic that looks nothing like you is stupid for both men and women, as once you meet IRL, the other person will see the real you. My approach to online dating was to meet IRL pretty quickly, after exchanging just a few messages to see if there is actually chemistry (and a quick post-work drink means you're rarely out more than 30 min or $4 if there is none).

IRL matchmaking is also available for free: ask friends and family members to set you up. Almost everybody has a cute single/divorced friend or colleague or sibling or cousin!

The ratio of men to women is much higher, it is much more competitive for men. Comparing your experience to what a man experiences on a dating site is completely irrelevant.

To men, it is a science when compared to what it is for women.

You silly, every guy is evaluated by "Every Woman of the World".

There may be rare cases where people meet because of an emotional connection but this is rare on dating websites. I don't know if that is true for real life because people develop a bond through a social circle or length of time. Many women online do measure and objectify a men based on physical measurements, browsing my inbox only reinforces this...

11/25/15:
I love travelling, love nature and hiking and Exploring/ trying new things which is how I ended up here. What do you do? Are you a body builder and do you spend all your life at gym? You look great though. Where in LDN ARE YOU. We should meet even if just for a drink!

11/24/15:
You are young but you have a nice face and you do have a good body. What do you do in the UK? Are you still in University?

11/24/15:
Nice body!

I totally agree with you on that, I think you recall well my okcupid story.

Ah, the days when we were naive and young, days long gone.

Pineapplejuicex
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Dec 2015, 3:27 pm

Nocturnus wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Nocturnus wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Nocturnus wrote:
Pineapplejuicex wrote:
Met my boyfriend on OKC, both of us used real and recent (albeit flattering) photos. Putting a pic that looks nothing like you is stupid for both men and women, as once you meet IRL, the other person will see the real you. My approach to online dating was to meet IRL pretty quickly, after exchanging just a few messages to see if there is actually chemistry (and a quick post-work drink means you're rarely out more than 30 min or $4 if there is none).

IRL matchmaking is also available for free: ask friends and family members to set you up. Almost everybody has a cute single/divorced friend or colleague or sibling or cousin!

The ratio of men to women is much higher, it is much more competitive for men. Comparing your experience to what a man experiences on a dating site is completely irrelevant.

To men, it is a science when compared to what it is for women.

You silly, every guy is evaluated by "Every Woman of the World".

There may be rare cases where people meet because of an emotional connection but this is rare on dating websites. I don't know if that is true for real life because people develop a bond through a social circle or length of time. Many women online do measure and objectify a men based on physical measurements, browsing my inbox only reinforces this...

11/25/15:
I love travelling, love nature and hiking and Exploring/ trying new things which is how I ended up here. What do you do? Are you a body builder and do you spend all your life at gym? You look great though. Where in LDN ARE YOU. We should meet even if just for a drink!

11/24/15:
You are young but you have a nice face and you do have a good body. What do you do in the UK? Are you still in University?

11/24/15:
Nice body!

I totally agree with you on that, I think you recall well my okcupid story.

Ah, the days when we were naive and young, days long gone.

Online dating profiles include pics + lists of activities that people enjoy + basic life info (employed, in school, whatever). That's the only info potential matches have to go on. Plus folks messages others they find attractive.

So of course opening messages are going to mention stuff in the profile! And maybe ask a question or make a comment about it in hopes of getting a response.

So getting a message inquiring about your school, your love of travel, what you do for work is a means of engaging with you, rather than evidence that all online fathers are super-shallow!

There's not really a way to have an instant emotional connection with a total stranger over a computer screen simply by reading their profile (which, for all you know, was written by their mum and includes a pic from 15 yrs ago).