Page 1 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Why are people so against gay people?
Because they are a minority. 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Because they are afraid someone who is gay might hit on them. 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Because they think they will take over and the human race will go extinct as they can't reproduce. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Because they think it's against religion. 31%  31%  [ 11 ]
Because they find it disgusting. 34%  34%  [ 12 ]
Other. 29%  29%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 35

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

26 Nov 2015, 11:27 am

What are you talking about, lunarious87? Have you honestly never seen gays in the open?

Not sure if your comments are serious or tongue in cheek.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2015, 12:25 pm

Edenthiel wrote:
Fnord wrote:
It's those men who have hit on me and have taken offense at being turned down that (in my mind) give gay people a bad reputation.
Too bad more men don't wonder how straight women feel in the same situation, eh? ...
Excelent point, worthy of a thread all it's own!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2015, 12:29 pm

lunarious87 wrote:
It is forbidden to be gay, and gays have broken this law.
What law forbids people to be gay?

lunarious87 wrote:
So they are not following law and survive by mercy.
Whose mercy?

lunarious87 wrote:
There is nothing to be open about about gays.
They're everywhere, kid.

lunarious87 wrote:
You dont see gays in the open.
Are you blind, or just cloistered?

lunarious87 wrote:
And they are a minority.
There is nothing wrong with being a member of a minority.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2015, 2:06 pm

Fnord wrote:
The idea that another man would want to have anal or oral sex with me (whether giving or receiving) makes me want to puke. The idea that this makes me some kind of closet homosexual is just plain stupid.

Yes, gay men have hit on me. I tell them that I am interested only in women. Some were more persistent than others, and would not take 'no' for an answer until I called the cops on them.

I've been hit on by a gay man before, and politely told him no. This individual was in fact a friendly acquaintance, and the incident didn't change that situation at all. I was hardly offended, nor do I obsess over how gay men have sex together to the point of vomiting. I will say this, though, his taste in men was hardly stellar, as he later married a complete jackass who was a physically abusive drunk who he ended up divorcing.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2015, 2:27 pm

blauSamstag wrote:
You left out what i figure is the most likely reason.

I think a lot of homophobes are, deep down, terrified that they recognize some of their own self in gay people.

And I'm not even really talking about the conjecture that "everybody is at least a little bit gay" - though many gay-bashers are just closeted queers trying to prove how not queer they are.

It's a sort of projection. Certain kinds of people, particularly those who consider themselves deeply religious, perceive in themselves a propensity for debauchery and deviance which they assume is normal, common, and sinful.

They are taught as much in church, from a very young age.

And yes, I'm basically saying that there are christians who strongly believe that without Jesus they would be engaging in all manner of fornication and sodomy and other deadly sins.

And in their minds, that is what makes gay people seem so disgusting - they believe that these people are just indulging in the sins that the great deceiver has placed in their minds and hearts.

Which is nonsense. If any n+1 number of people want to make each other happy or even commit to support each other, I say go for it, as long as everybody is honest and nobody is being taken advantage of.

Gay people pursuing who they are attracted to are no more deviant than straight people pursuing who they are attracted to.

Funny how the biggest homophobes are also the biggest closet cases. Case in point: former Spokane mayor Jim West who had made a career out of gay bashing, till he was caught soliciting young men on municipal computers. Representative Larry Craig of Idaho, who had been a homophobic, family values right winger, till he was caught trying to pick up an undercover police officer in an airport restroom. Former House Speaker Dennis Hastert, known for his anti-gay stances, was later revealed to have been taking advantage sexually of teenage boys he used to coach in high school wrestling (though his case could be better described as a pedophile).

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2015, 2:38 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Fnord wrote:
The idea that another man would want to have anal or oral sex with me (whether giving or receiving) makes me want to puke. The idea that this makes me some kind of closet homosexual is just plain stupid ...
I've been hit on by a gay man before, and politely told him no. This individual was in fact a friendly acquaintance, and the incident didn't change that situation at all. I was hardly offended, nor do I obsess over how gay men have sex together to the point of vomiting ...
What they want to do with each other is their business, not mine.

lunarious87
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Nov 2015, 3:22 pm

envirozentinel wrote:
What are you talking about, lunarious87? Have you honestly never seen gays in the open?

No. I dont know if gays are gays unless they kiss eachother. Which they dont.

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2015, 4:17 pm

lunarious87 wrote:
envirozentinel wrote:

What does that ("which they don't") mean, please? Also, have you really never seen two people - not kissing - who are obviously a couple or married that happened to be of the same gender?

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2015, 4:23 pm

The ones who really hate gays are repressed homosexuals or religious fanatics or both. It's abnormal to hate gays if you are comfortable with what you want in life. Why would you hate someone else if you know what you are most comfortable with? Like with me. I am an asexual and what gays or anyone else does makes no difference to me although I do require people respect others and I disagree with anyone forcing themselves on another. I hate that because respect is first priority with me. But, as far as what people willingly do to each other while they are together what does it matter? I never understood why anyone would pay it any mind.

lunarious87

26 Nov 2015, 4:46 pm

Edenthiel wrote:
lunarious87 wrote:
envirozentinel wrote:

What does that ("which they don't") mean, please? Also, have you really never seen two people - not kissing - who are obviously a couple or married that happened to be of the same gender?

It means they don't kiss publically. And even hetroes shouldnt be allowed to kiss publically as Allah dictates now. And I see someone kissing in real life like once ever two months (not gays). But once i saw a lesbian pair kiss (safer) and once what maybe is gays holding hands.

Peace ^^

lunarious87

26 Nov 2015, 4:49 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
The ones who really hate gays are repressed homosexuals or religious fanatics or both. It's abnormal to hate gays if you are comfortable with what you want in life. Why would you hate someone else if you know what you are most comfortable with? Like with me. I am an asexual and what gays or anyone else does makes no difference to me although I do require people respect others and I disagree with anyone forcing themselves on another. I hate that because respect is first priority with me. But, as far as what people willingly do to each other while they are together what does it matter? I never understood why anyone would pay it any mind.

I like your modesty ^^ but it lacks intensity. You shouldnt "respect" me. It is sad you are alone.

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2015, 5:02 pm

Fnord wrote:
There is nothing wrong with being a member of a minority.

Exactly. Blue eyed people are a minority. The majority of people have brown eyes. Yet, you don't see lots of people being against blue eyed people.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2015, 5:18 pm

Human beings often develop a world view based on what makes them happy and can become strangely confrontational when they see anyone finding happiness in a way that runs counter to their way of thinking. This can be based on any ridiculous thing tied to whatever brings them happiness.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2015, 7:59 pm

lunarious87 wrote:
Edenthiel wrote:
lunarious87 wrote:
envirozentinel wrote:

It means they don't kiss publically. And even hetroes shouldnt be allowed to kiss publically as Allah dictates now. And I see someone kissing in real life like once ever two months (not gays). But once i saw a lesbian pair kiss (safer) and once what maybe is gays holding hands.

Peace ^^

Allah can dictate all he wants, but we live in a secular society where anyone can kiss in public, gay or straight.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2015, 8:02 pm

Fnord wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Fnord wrote:
The idea that another man would want to have anal or oral sex with me (whether giving or receiving) makes me want to puke. The idea that this makes me some kind of closet homosexual is just plain stupid ...
I've been hit on by a gay man before, and politely told him no. This individual was in fact a friendly acquaintance, and the incident didn't change that situation at all. I was hardly offended, nor do I obsess over how gay men have sex together to the point of vomiting ...
What they want to do with each other is their business, not mine.

Sure, but plenty of straights hit on people they're attracted to, and they talk about their sexual experiences regularly. Does anyone really object too loudly to that?

Omerik
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Nov 2015, 9:19 pm

lunarious87 wrote:
You dont see gays in the open. And they are a minority.

Same can be said about Aspies who aren't gay.