Page 4 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

MonsterCrack
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 6:01 pm

And the point sylkat is making is that if it is the hadeeth which show Muhammad as ruthless, and the hadeeth are mot reliable, then he wasnt ruthless.

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 6:03 pm

MonsterCrack wrote:
Boko haram, ISIS, and al qaeda are wahhabi groups...wahhabis tend to put alot of emphasis on hadeeth. They are NOT Quran only.

Seeing as how they kill anyone who does not follow the Quran to a tee, I have to disagree. Killing adulterers, stoning women for being raped, marrying children, cutting off hands for stealing, etc.

I can think of another place that does this as well, Saudi Arabia. Bloody uncivilized country that is.

MonsterCrack
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 6:06 pm

Killing adulterers is not in the Quran, and killing women for being raped is not in the Quran OR hadeeth... However, cutting off the hand of a thief IS in the Quran, so ill give you that much...

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 6:08 pm

MonsterCrack wrote:
Killing adulterers is not in the Quran, and killing women for being raped is not in the Quran OR hadeeth... However, cutting off the hand of a thief IS in the Quran, so ill give you that much...

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/quran ... shment.htm

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/quran/015-slavery.htm

I fail to see how Muhammed and his followers can be called peaceful. They are taking LITERAL interpretations of what is written, which is insane.

MonsterCrack
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 6:13 pm

Slavery was meant to be abolished over time...many things require the freeing of a slave, freeing a slave is seen as expiation for sin, and part of money from zakat is used for freeing slaves

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 6:18 pm

MonsterCrack wrote:
Slavery was meant to be abolished over time...many things require the freeing of a slave, freeing a slave is seen as expiation for sin, and part of money from zakat is used for freeing slaves

No, you simply free them. No one deserves to be enslaved.

I wonder why Islam is not with the modern times, oh yeah, it hasn't changed since it's inception.

MonsterCrack
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 6:22 pm

Actually, it HAS changed...The consensus of scholars is that slavery is now forbidden (haram).

MonsterCrack
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 6:25 pm

And the money from zakat is used for slaves who try to buy their OWN freedom

MonsterCrack
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 6:28 pm

And thereligionofpeace.com is not a reliable source

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 7:01 pm

I think that most Muslims are appalled by the behavior of those doing what is obviously evil, in the name of Islam/Quran/Muhammad.

I believe most Muslims worldwide wish to live in peace, care for their families, and follow their faith without prejudice.

As I asked in a thread regarding the attacks in Paris: What did they (terrorists) accomplish'?

Hatred towards Islam, mistrust of those who visibly follow that faith, and destruction of decades of progress towards acceptance of Muslims onto European culture, that's what.

Shooting kids at a rock concert has nothing to do with Islamic history, no one listening to music was attacking Islam in any way.

Isis is not Islam, as far as I can tell, any more than that North Ridge Baptist Church is Christianity.

Claiming to be something does not mean you are.

MonsterCrack
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 7:17 pm

Sylkat wrote:
I think that most Muslims are appalled by the behavior of those doing what is obviously evil, in the name of Islam/Quran/Muhammad.

I believe most Muslims worldwide wish to live in peace, care for their families, and follow their faith without prejudice.

As I asked in a thread regarding the attacks in Paris: What did they (terrorists) accomplish'?

Hatred towards Islam, mistrust of those who visibly follow that faith, and destruction of decades of progress towards acceptance of Muslims onto European culture, that's what.

Shooting kids at a rock concert has nothing to do with Islamic history, no one listening to music was attacking Islam in any way.

Isis is not Islam, as far as I can tell, any more than that North Ridge Baptist Church is Christianity.

thank you!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 7:21 pm

The "consensus of scholars" is neither reliable nor authoritative.

Slavery still occurs under Islam, whether it is the overt "chop off the head" style of ISIS, or the "chop off the arm" style of the Saudis.

The common thread is Islam.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

the26thangel
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Nov 2015, 7:37 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
This is what some Muslims say about Islam. I read it recently in a story about ISIS in Syria and their public punishments of individuals in accordance with strict Sharia Law. I started thinking about what that really means and it struck me as really sad because The Prophet is human while Allah is supernatural and unseen yet ALLAH shows mercy while the human does not.

Just sad.

It really does make you think.

Listen. Don't apply what you have heard on the news or in this world. Apply what you think is right. You have the ability to say what is kind n right n peaceful. If you are looking for the answers from outside sources, you will constantly be jumping from one awkward thought to another. Just figure out what is kind n right n go with it. It will make u stronger n feed your soul. You can feel like a king, father, or mother to the world unless u doubt yourself n God. But if you feel your soul is fed by goodness n God, then no one can tear you asunder. Blessings! And I hope you turn out to be amazing!

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 7:43 pm

Personally, I believe that most of the brutality.....slavery, public stoning, honor killing, forced marriages (unfair to the young men as well as to the young women), are mostly culturally-motivated.

Occasionally, these things are discovered to have happened in America/Europe, and those involved are always from Mideastern Islamic countries who have not learned/assimilated their new cultures.

I do not see these things done by third and fourth generation American/European Muslims.

They are too busy going to college, working, achieving good lives, raising their families.

Actually, quite a lot of this; slavery, forced marriages, murdering a wife not considered 'good enough' for a son, have been done in India, by Hindus.

You do not see all or most Hindus behaving like this, no more than most Muslims.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 9:44 pm

Sylkat wrote:

No, it's not all of Islam, but it is an aspect of Islam. It's a branch of Islamic thinking. What they accomplished is to further draw the west into a ground war, in order to bring about certain end times prophecies. Most religious people aren't scholars of their religious text, they are moderate to the extent they just follow the norm. They just go along with what everyone else is doing. The problem with religion in general is that it requires faith, faith is by nature something one can't question, since it's not based on a rational process to begin with. This opens the door to radical thinking. After all, if one's eternal soul can be tortured for thinking the wrong thing, doesn't that demand some kind of action?