Page 2 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2007, 6:50 pm

I once told a fourteen-year-old that was harrassing me,"I know you're only fourteen,and thus allowed to be stupid and immature,but you're obviously taking advantage of that."

She said,"Maybe".

-SpaceCase

Panzyo
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Apr 2007, 11:22 pm

livewire wrote:
Panzyo wrote:
mouapp wrote:
Also, I direct everyone's attention to Time Cube. I'd like to believe that the guy who created the Time Cube site is just joking, but I can't be sure.

There are a lot of satirical "religious" sites out there, I wouldn't take too much notice of it!

Yeah, I know there are. But the guy who created that site has actually been interviewed a number of times for magazines and television. I dunno if he actually believes what he's saying or if it's a joke that got out of hand.

mouapp
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Apr 2007, 3:21 am

Panzyo wrote:
The majority of Gaia members don't accept Wikipedia as a reputable source. More often than not it's an excellent source of information, I don't know what their problems are.

exactly and if you doubt it you can just check the sources

i dont think i would like this 'gaia' but i agree livewire arguing with people till you destroy there minds is fun ..... but its a bad habit to get into i keep on starting it with teachers, witch reminds me our history teacher once told us that "some country's dont like being invaded"

but there is a group of Australians (the chasers) who frequently get people to say some really stupid things, for instance at the start of the war on terror they where asking Americans witch country's where listed as terrorist states, for some reason Canada was a popular answer

livewire
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Apr 2007, 11:02 am

mouapp wrote:
livewire wrote:
mouapp wrote:
Also, I direct everyone's attention to Time Cube. I'd like to believe that the guy who created the Time Cube site is just joking, but I can't be sure.

There are a lot of satirical "religious" sites out there, I wouldn't take too much notice of it!

Yeah, I know there are. But the guy who created that site has actually been interviewed a number of times for magazines and television. I dunno if he actually believes what he's saying or if it's a joke that got out of hand.

Well, any theory which states that people who don't believe it should be killed is not to be taken seriously anyway! :lol:

livewire
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Apr 2007, 11:05 am

mouapp wrote:
Panzyo wrote:
The majority of Gaia members don't accept Wikipedia as a reputable source. More often than not it's an excellent source of information, I don't know what their problems are.

exactly and if you doubt it you can just check the sources

i dont think i would like this 'gaia' but i agree livewire arguing with people till you destroy there minds is fun ..... but its a bad habit to get into i keep on starting it with teachers, witch reminds me our history teacher once told us that "some country's dont like being invaded"

I argue with teachers too! :D
All I have to do to waste an entire lesson if I don't feel like learning, is start a few controversial topics.
My biology teacher once threatened to throw me out of the course because I didn't believe that humans evolved from primates. :roll:
But I eventually got her to a point where she simply told me to be quiet and got on with the lesson, defeated.

At which point I casually pointed out, for all the class to hear, that the moon landing was fake. :lol:
One hour, totally wasted. Beautiful.

mouapp
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Apr 2007, 8:53 pm

livewire wrote:
I argue with teachers too! :D
All I have to do to waste an entire lesson if I don't feel like learning, is start a few controversial topics.
My biology teacher once threatened to throw me out of the course because I didn't believe that humans evolved from primates. :roll:
But I eventually got her to a point where she simply told me to be quiet and got on with the lesson, defeated.

At which point I casually pointed out, for all the class to hear, that the moon landing was fake. :lol:
One hour, totally wasted. Beautiful.

:lol: awesome

my favorite one was when i asked my physics teacher the best way to kill a zombie

Ceryni
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Apr 2007, 9:03 pm

Well, i’m fairly apathetic to homosexuality, being straight myself and not really caring less about people’s sexual preference so this was just a topic i’d glanced over, I can’t remember the forum name as it was some time ago, one particularly clever person was arguing homosexuality being morally wrong because ‘they all have icky hairy bums’... well actually it was more like ‘tey all hv iki heri bmz’ but I managed to translate it fairly quickly.

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

14 Apr 2007, 2:31 am

I remember walking into science one day playing Burnout on my PSP. She told me to turn it off, but I said I was revising physics:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwmGLGBsEzA[/youtube]

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

livewire
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Apr 2007, 7:21 am

Ceryni wrote:
Well, i’m fairly apathetic to homosexuality, being straight myself and not really caring less about people’s sexual preference so this was just a topic i’d glanced over, I can’t remember the forum name as it was some time ago, one particularly clever person was arguing homosexuality being morally wrong because ‘they all have icky hairy bums’... well actually it was more like ‘tey all hv iki heri bmz’ but I managed to translate it fairly quickly.

Ahh! :O That is the worst!
About on par with "All gays are going to hell because god doesn't like it and the bible says this and the bible says that, blah blah blah blah blah!"
Basically because I hate it when people assume that everyone cares what the bible says and does exactly what god wants just so they won't go to "hell" :?

mouapp
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Apr 2007, 10:44 pm

oh wait there was this guy in history last year and he would suddenly come up with stuff like, "the Japanese where nazis" and "Hitler was the emperor of Japan"

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2007, 1:36 am

In excess of 90% of all people I meet seem stupid to me.

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2007, 9:05 pm

I live in the land of stupid people...If anyone is lacking, I'd be happy to ship some out for you.

Let's see, our precious jewels have done such things as:
1.) Ask if snakes die. (No, of course not, they live forever. :?)

2.) Ask why we have time zones. ("Why can't China be the same time as we are?")

3.) Carry on loud conversations about how hot a certain boy is, how much they would love to go out with him, ect. only to turn around and mock an almost identical conversation on a movie that we had to watch. (The only difference between the two was the girl on the movie said "cute" while they said "hot". Do they honestly not hear themselves? Even the tone was the same.)

4.) Not be able to tell the difference between a conscious and concentration.

5.) Inform us the pollution does not exist (not global warming, just pollution) and that's it's all a vast government conspiarcy.

6.) Convince a subsitute teacher to believe that JFK's wife was actually trying to perform brain surgery when her husband was shot, not get out of the car. (He managed to convince half the class too.)

7.) Not understand the "where would you bury the survivors" question, even after it was explained half a dozen times.

8.) Announce to the class that "fickle" is a huge word, and that no one could possibly have known it beforehand (which, for the record, I knew perfectly well).

9.) Think they are intelligent and/or funny.

Three years!

Todd489
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2007, 9:17 pm

My personal favorite is "HEY I SEEN YOU AT THE MALL THE OTHER DAY." I just burst out laughing when someone said that to me.

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2007, 9:09 pm

my favourite was teaching my susbsitute teacher geometry, twice.

or when someone told me i ws a dumba** and then proceded to walk into the wall. 8O if im dumb, whats that make him?

You will reap what you've sown.

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2007, 9:17 pm

Todd489 wrote:
My personal favorite is "HEY I SEEN YOU AT THE MALL THE OTHER DAY." I just burst out laughing when someone said that to me.

My driving class teacher says similar nonsense. Such as, "I seen them salt trucks," "Don't kill no one," and "He don't do that." She also tells the exact same stories every day, which I can now recite word for word. And she's supposed to be a teacher! :roll:

Three years!

buggsley
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Apr 2007, 9:33 pm

I remember in 3rd grade I was trying to explain how water evaporates and becomes rain to a 5th grader and he didn't understand a word I was saying! Also, there was this time I was trying to explain to a classmate that our skin was made of tiny skin cells and he starts pinching his arm and said "Well then why can't I pinch them off?"! !! ! Eventually I just stopped talking to stupid people and they wonder why I'm anti-social!