Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

AspieAlphys28
Raven
Raven

18 Dec 2015, 3:47 pm

Berzerker777 wrote:
This thread..... it fills me with... warm, fuzzy feelings.

............and DETERMINATION.

i had very high standards of your comment to make me feel happy....

AUGH!! ! it's meeting all of my standards!! !

lol anyways im glad this thread has some nice things in it, i agree with you, berzerker ^>^

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 154 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 72 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

░█▀▀▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▀█
░█░░░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀░░░█
░░▀▄░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▄▀
░░░░▌░▄▄░░░▄▄░▐▀▀
░░░▐░░█▄░░░▄█░░▌▄▄▀▀▀▀█
░░░▌▄▄▀▀░▄░▀▀▄▄▐░░░░░░█
▄▀▀▐▀▀░▄▄▄▄▄░▀▀▌▄▄▄░░░█
█░░░▀▄░█░░░█░▄▀░░░░█▀▀▀
░▀▄░░▀░░▀▀▀░░▀░░░▄█▀
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▄░▀▄
░░░█░░░░░░░░░▄▀█░░█░░█
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░█▄█░░▄▀
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄█▀

Qimera
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Dec 2015, 3:15 pm

Lynxgriffin put together an incredible five page comic strip illustrating their version of events regarding the Amalgamites.

PAGE 1: http://lynxgriffin.deviantart.com/art/U ... -576809777

** HI-RES **

(Following the link to Deviantart, the artist has provided consecutive sequential links for all five pages just underneath each comic strip in the Author's Notes. The high res version of each strip is available by clicking DOWNLOAD on the right hand side of each picture)

And an entry I was reminded of when seeing that comic piecing together some of the story behind Snowdrake and his Mother who is depicted. There is truly some incredible depth to this "simple" game. I can never decide it's dark, sinister and awful or bright, hopeful and positive.

http://undertale-science.tumblr.com/pos ... iss-out-on

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2015, 3:19 am

AspieAlphys28 wrote:
haha yeah the hype over the game can seem a little... annoying. i know thats how i felt before i played it. i personally think you should at least give it a go! if you dont like it, then at least you know for sure that it isnt for you, instead of possibly missing out on something!

don't worry, i'm going to play it...if my sister lets me near her laptop. it's in my backlog but it's stuffed already full of others i've acquired earlier. :)

i liked the soundtrack from the bits i heard.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Malaise
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Dec 2015, 3:00 pm

Very few games have punched me so hard in the feels.

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2015, 9:43 am

This game fills me with... "needles" and determination, but mostly needles.

Barchan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2015, 1:51 am

The music in this game is really amazing. Last night, I found a video about how if you speed up the Waterfall's music, it sounds like Undyne's theme. I'll never hear Waterfall the same way again 8O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ifTrPws0Dc

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2015, 5:14 pm

what/who is chara?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Qimera
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Dec 2015, 7:38 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
what/who is chara?

There's probably no "right" answer anyone can give you to that question.

Almost everything about this game boils down to speculation, theory and analogy.

Apparently, Chara is the first human who fell into the underground, but I can't be certain of that and I can't be certain Chara was ever "human" as opposed to "something else".

One theory: It's quite possible that the "player character" is Chara or some form of undead reincarnation. (That's why the heart breaks rather than be absorbed when "the character you control" is killed? - Or is the "heart" represented by YOU, the player themselves, and it's a battle between yourself and YOUR soul to protect the player character from Chara?)

Second theory: Chara is an angel of death? Check "Delta Rune"

Third theory: From a "meta" or "4th wall" perspective, "Chara" could be short for "Character" as in "Player Character".

Most games expect you to kill everything on sight "because it's there", and if you play Undertale in the same way as most other games then you actually become Chara, a typical psychopathic player character who commits mass genocide in order to effect their own personal goals.

e.g. Some games expect you to outright murder thousands of indigenous lifeforms merely to save one princess, was it worth it? Can the "Player Character" and/or the player themselves really be considered a hero when they complete those kind of games?

You don't have to be or become Chara in Undertale. Interestingly, if you do "become" Chara then you become unrecognised as a human altogether to the inhabitants (though the inhabitants - with exceptions - only ever presume that your player character is human throughout the game).

NOTE: The "something else" could be a demon or devil. I'm not sure what that implies in the "Undertale Universe". Check "Delta Rune".
NOTE: Monsters that acquire a human soul seem to have the ability to "assume final forms" or "change shape".
NOTE: Maybe monsters see the world and/or living beings as a "soul projection" rather than as light reflections?

littlecatinthewindow
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2016, 3:15 pm

Yes, it's the only well-known game I've played all the way through without having seen it being played first.

On my first game, I ended up killing all most of the main characters, because I thought that in boss and miniboss encounters, the only option that would work was to fight (I had died many times before then so I guess it was partly out of frustration as well), and I thought that they would end the fight once their health was low enough. Instead, they died, and I assumed that that was "Supposed" to happen in the game's story. I didn't realise that the game actually changes depending on how you play it. I also didn't think to reload my last save at any point and find a way to win without killing them, which is a shame because I'd seen art of the game and I thought it you got to make friends with these characters so I felt like the art was misleading.

When I got to the end of the game, Flowey terrified my so much that I killed him. I should have just started the game again from there, but instead I decided to read about it to see if there was anything I missed, found that you COULD win boss fights without killing the characters and that you DID get to make friends with them...and I ended up spoiling the Pacifist ending for myself. Which I wouldn't have done if I hadn't killed Flowey because then he would have told me to play again without killing anyone. Even if he hadn't, I should have done it anyway, but i was worried I'd have to face him again.

Anyway, I played the game without killing anyone after that, got the good ending, and any other time I've played it, it's been the same. I don't want to kill everyone because I'd feel bad for that (I felt bad on my first game, and that was only Neutral). And also because I don't want to ruin the good ending if I were to get it again.

Basically, yes, I have played the game, and I do like it. The music is great as well.

AspieAlphys28
Raven
Raven

05 Jan 2016, 3:39 pm

littlecatinthewindow wrote:
Yes, it's the only well-known game I've played all the way through without having seen it being played first.

On my first game, I ended up killing all most of the main characters, because I thought that in boss and miniboss encounters, the only option that would work was to fight (I had died many times before then so I guess it was partly out of frustration as well), and I thought that they would end the fight once their health was low enough. Instead, they died, and I assumed that that was "Supposed" to happen in the game's story. I didn't realise that the game actually changes depending on how you play it. I also didn't think to reload my last save at any point and find a way to win without killing them, which is a shame because I'd seen art of the game and I thought it you got to make friends with these characters so I felt like the art was misleading.

When I got to the end of the game, Flowey terrified my so much that I killed him. I should have just started the game again from there, but instead I decided to read about it to see if there was anything I missed, found that you COULD win boss fights without killing the characters and that you DID get to make friends with them...and I ended up spoiling the Pacifist ending for myself. Which I wouldn't have done if I hadn't killed Flowey because then he would have told me to play again without killing anyone. Even if he hadn't, I should have done it anyway, but i was worried I'd have to face him again.

Anyway, I played the game without killing anyone after that, got the good ending, and any other time I've played it, it's been the same. I don't want to kill everyone because I'd feel bad for that (I felt bad on my first game, and that was only Neutral). And also because I don't want to ruin the good ending if I were to get it again.

Basically, yes, I have played the game, and I do like it. The music is great as well.

ahh jeez sorry to hear that your first playthrough was rough ???? had i not known that this was known as "the game where you dont have to kill anyone", then i probably wouldve done the same :^o

although, my first playthrough, i accidentally killed a whimsun because i was curious about the fighting mechanic, and it died in one hit, oops! i thought though that since it was an insignificant enemy, i could still make it through! i was wrong lol i went through neutral feeling guilty, because i did that and also forgot to go to undynes house to become her friend! i thought that the end of the pacifist run was the real ending and i was dissappointed and sad, because undyne still hated me and everyone in the underground was sad. i was super excited that i could play through it again and fix what i did!! i was so amazed with the true ending that ive been OBSESSED with undertale since! i might play it again, but i know it wont be as amazing as the first time since i know everything that happens already.

i want to try the no mercy route, but A. i am too sensitive to kill anyone, i bawled my eyes out during asgores fight, and im too attached to everyone :^( and B. i dont have ANY patience, and the grinding to kill the smaller monsters would be impossible!! i honestly just wanna try sans's fight, it looks so freaking awesome! i guess i just dont truly want to have a bad time to get to it, haha

░█▀▀▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▀█
░█░░░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀░░░█
░░▀▄░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▄▀
░░░░▌░▄▄░░░▄▄░▐▀▀
░░░▐░░█▄░░░▄█░░▌▄▄▀▀▀▀█
░░░▌▄▄▀▀░▄░▀▀▄▄▐░░░░░░█
▄▀▀▐▀▀░▄▄▄▄▄░▀▀▌▄▄▄░░░█
█░░░▀▄░█░░░█░▄▀░░░░█▀▀▀
░▀▄░░▀░░▀▀▀░░▀░░░▄█▀
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▄░▀▄
░░░█░░░░░░░░░▄▀█░░█░░█
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░█▄█░░▄▀
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄█▀

AsahiPto17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Jan 2016, 2:11 pm

I can't stop listening to undertale music remixes! I really love the soundtrack, probably the best video game music I've heard!

immsie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Jan 2016, 10:06 pm

I recently completed it. It's a good game but i don't think it deserves all the GOTY awards and such it has recieved. It's a fun RPG but its sickenly short for a roleplaying game. I found the story a bit lackluster to be honest, however the gameplay and soundtrack are fantastic. If this game was like at least 4 or 5 times longer i'd love it but by the time i got to grips with the battle system and mechanics of the game i had completed it lol. No RPG should be 4-5 hours in length.

AspieAlphys28
Raven
Raven

21 Jan 2016, 10:00 am

immsie wrote:
I recently completed it. It's a good game but i don't think it deserves all the GOTY awards and such it has recieved. It's a fun RPG but its sickenly short for a roleplaying game. I found the story a bit lackluster to be honest, however the gameplay and soundtrack are fantastic. If this game was like at least 4 or 5 times longer i'd love it but by the time i got to grips with the battle system and mechanics of the game i had completed it lol. No RPG should be 4-5 hours in length.

i can see where you're coming from, even if i personally disagree :^/ you're right on the soundtrack for sure!! i cant stop listening to it, the songs are very well composed! I had trouble on the gameplay, but probably just because this was my first bullet hell type game. I really enjoy the story, a lot of things about the story were pieces you had to fit together, the more you look into the story, I think it's more interesting! and as much as i t would have been great ifit was longer, you have to understand that the creator of the game did it almost all by himself ! it took him years on this game, i give him credit for that!! after all, hes making a possible sequel and/or graphic novel to follow it up! im glad you at least have the game a go though, its definitely worth playing even if it doesn't end up being your favorite!

░█▀▀▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▀█
░█░░░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀░░░█
░░▀▄░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▄▀
░░░░▌░▄▄░░░▄▄░▐▀▀
░░░▐░░█▄░░░▄█░░▌▄▄▀▀▀▀█
░░░▌▄▄▀▀░▄░▀▀▄▄▐░░░░░░█
▄▀▀▐▀▀░▄▄▄▄▄░▀▀▌▄▄▄░░░█
█░░░▀▄░█░░░█░▄▀░░░░█▀▀▀
░▀▄░░▀░░▀▀▀░░▀░░░▄█▀
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▄░▀▄
░░░█░░░░░░░░░▄▀█░░█░░█
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░█▄█░░▄▀
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄█▀

littlecatinthewindow
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2016, 1:57 pm

My sister's started playing the game now. My brother was watching a youtube person play it, and get her to as well, and she wanted to play it so she made a Steam account and I bought it for her. Problem is though, because she doesn't have a computer to use, she had to do it on her tablet. Which was fine once she inserted a 16GB SD card, but today, the game won't open because of some error to do with memory. I think it might be the save files making it full. Urgh, she's so angry and I don't know what to do. Mum says she'll get a bigger SD card tomorrow but what if that's not enough? And it'll be a while before she gets paid enough money to get the computer fixed.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2016, 1:11 am

littlecatinthewindow wrote:
My sister's started playing the game now. My brother was watching a youtube person play it, and get her to as well, and she wanted to play it so she made a Steam account and I bought it for her. Problem is though, because she doesn't have a computer to use, she had to do it on her tablet. Which was fine once she inserted a 16GB SD card, but today, the game won't open because of some error to do with memory. I think it might be the save files making it full. Urgh, she's so angry and I don't know what to do. Mum says she'll get a bigger SD card tomorrow but what if that's not enough? And it'll be a while before she gets paid enough money to get the computer fixed.

Undertale isn't a big game. More than likely it got corrupted on the SD card instead. :X

blueblood
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Mar 2018, 11:09 am

I LOVE UNDERTALE and truthful undertale also helped me learn some lessons and helped me at a bad time in my life also it is a great game. my favorite character is sans.