Can someone with ASD be an Alpha male?

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2015, 4:54 am

I'll join the 'alpha/beta/pack mentality' debate.

I do not actually believe it is true biologically, at least not in humans.

I do, however, am not against using the terms in a philosophical/metaphorical aspect.

I don't believe that we as humans actually posess pack mentality, but I see no issue with identifying certain traits in individuals and giving it a name.

AR1500
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Dec 2015, 10:59 am

joshskuxx wrote:
alpha males are the ones that girls like because they are socially adept,confident,calm, strong, physically attractive (most of the time) and they do what they want without caring about what others think/rejection. Would it be possible for someone with asd/anxiety to overcome their difficulties and become an alpha male?

In the case of someone who has an extremely mild case of Autism....it might be possible. But for the most part the answer is a resounding NO. A big feature of autism is social ineptitude and in order to be an "alpha male" in the vernacular description used to refer to a male human who is in a dominant social position, you have to have exceptionally good social skills which includes charm, charisma, and suaveness. An "alpha" man knows how to read people, particularly women, and intuitively assess what they are likely to respond well to.

Of course parents, teachers, mentors, and American society teach its youth that they can be anything they wanna be if they put their mind to it but real life just isn't like that and you discover this as an adult(and by then you're expected to accept it). Unfortunately, we all have our limitations and we're not superheroes that can do anything.