Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Kajin
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Dec 2015, 11:10 pm

I was diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome when I was nine years old. I'm twenty-six now, and in all this time I don't ever recall actually meeting someone else with AS. If I have I was never made aware of this fact. For years now I've toyed with the idea of finding and joining a community by and for people with the same... eccentricities, I guess? Never actually gone through with it, though. Was never able to conjure up enough enthusiasm for the idea. Didn't know what to expect or if I'd even fit in. That'd be my luck, I guess.

So... I'm here. My username is Kajin. Hi?

Beau
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2016, 1:27 am

Hey Kajin.

Great way to start the new year. Hope you like it here :)

Bald-Accountant
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Jan 2016, 8:58 am

Hello Kajin

I have found this to be a great place to meet other people who are willing to talk about their life and to help either m=by just listening or offering advice. I have received a lot of help, that is why I am trying to give back by reaching out to new people.
Maybe you could share a little more about yourself - no pressure though.
I am certainly not shy about sharing, I like to talk about myself.
I am 49 tomorrow, I have an NT wife (neurotypical) I tell her she is Wonderwoman and her super power is understanding people. We have two Aspy/Anxious kids. My duaghter also has a aspy boyfriend.
I am an accountant who has been managing other accountants, but now I am stepping down from management because of the sress.
I like videogames (pokemon) and I play dungeons and dragons, a tabletop RPG. I like taking walks with my wife. I love to read/listen o fantasy fiction (Terry Pratchett)

helloarchy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Jan 2016, 9:50 am

Hello Kajin, kudos for taking the leap and joining the community. I'm also 26, but I was only diagnosed back in June 2015. I'm sure you'll fit in here, everyone is really different from each other, but it kinda adds to the charm.

Kajin
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jan 2016, 10:04 am

Alright, I'll share more. I'm single, but looking to get married and have kids (three, no more no less). This is hindered by the fact that I have a hard time connecting with people. The relationships I've had in the past have usually ended on a sour note. I find it hard to get along with people I haven't known for a long time, so relationships tend not to last for me.

I have a job as an HVAC Technician, currently in training to get my Journeyman license. I don't much care for it, but the money is better than working in fast food and I'll be making even more once I get that Journeyman and am allowed to operate independently. I've always wanted to own my own business. Been fascinated with the idea of it ever since I was old enough to know what a job was. I enjoy studying economy and accounting as a result. Currently trying to save up for that, but until I move up in the ranks and earn a better paycheck it's gonna be a long time coming.

Videogames are good. I'm playing EVE Online right now. Also a big fan of D&D, though I haven't been able to play it in a long time. I tend towards Clerics or other support oriented characters. I don't read a lot, but when I do I tend to binge it at the exclusion of every other activity until the book is done. Currently eagerly awaiting the next Dresden Files book.

Okay, I shared. Is that a bit much?

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2016, 3:27 pm

Hey Kajin welcome. :sunny:

Nist498
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2016, 4:18 pm

Welcome to WP Kajin! I'm also a fan of table top roleplaying though I tend more toward the White Wolf stuff than D&D.

All magic comes with a price! - Rumplestiltskin

Kajin
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jan 2016, 5:32 pm

Nist498 wrote:
Welcome to WP Kajin! I'm also a fan of table top roleplaying though I tend more toward the White Wolf stuff than D&D.

Always wanted to try a White Wolf TRPG, but the only experience I've had with them was one disastrous attempt at a werewolf game being GM'ed by a guy who I hated, so I didn't enjoy it at all. I've played the video games, though. I found them quite fun, though I'm unsure how close to the source material they are.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2016, 5:39 pm

hi, kajin. thanks for sharing. my cousin does quite well in the HVAC field. i hope it works out as well for you.

Bald-Accountant
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Jan 2016, 7:58 pm

Thanks for sharing - best of luck on your goal of owning your own business.

Nist498
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2016, 8:41 pm

Kajin wrote:
Nist498 wrote:

Always wanted to try a White Wolf TRPG, but the only experience I've had with them was one disastrous attempt at a werewolf game being GM'ed by a guy who I hated, so I didn't enjoy it at all. I've played the video games, though. I found them quite fun, though I'm unsure how close to the source material they are.

Yeah, getting a bad ST will cause your experience to go down the toilet real fast. The White Wolf stuff is pretty fun if you can get a good ST that knows their stuff and is able to run with your character ideas. I'd love to get a PBP or chat game started with people on here though I'm not sure how many people would be interested.

All magic comes with a price! - Rumplestiltskin

Kajin
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jan 2016, 8:46 pm

Nist498 wrote:
I'd love to get a PBP or chat game started with people on here though I'm not sure how many people would be interested.

I did my last couple of D&D games over Skype. It's pretty fun. If you ever want to get a group together for anything, let me know.

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2016, 2:08 am

Welcome!

I can relate to your story to some extent; diagnosed young, didn't have too much contact with other aspies. In my case though it's because I avoided it on purpose. But like you, I wanted to give it a try.

You're even a fan of D&D. Been thinking of getting back into that.

Kajin
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Jan 2016, 6:23 pm

Thanks for welcoming me here, everyone.

Also, if you want to play D&D or any other sort of tabletop game at some point in the future, AJisHere, that'd be awesome. I'm always up for that.

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2016, 12:25 am

Kajin wrote:
Thanks for welcoming me here, everyone.

Also, if you want to play D&D or any other sort of tabletop game at some point in the future, AJisHere, that'd be awesome. I'm always up for that.

I usually have the attitude that tabletop games should be played on a tabletop... but not always! :wink: I'll keep that in mind.