What to do. I'm angry at everyone for nothing.

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2016, 2:00 pm

You guys could sure benefit from some Mindfulness Meditation. There are other things you can do with your mind besides have it drive your blood pressure up. And while cannabis doubtless takes the edge off, it's still self-medicating with a substance rather than acquiring inner peace.

Yeah, I am aware that this post will irritate some people.

Edit: learn more about mindfulness meditation: http://www.massgeneral.org/about/pressr ... px?id=1329

Last edited by BeaArthur on 06 Jan 2016, 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2016, 2:02 pm

^Don't get me started on people and shopping carts. I'm always encountering shoppers who seem to purposely position their carts in the aisle so nobody can get through! I just want to ram the bastards!

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Rockymntchris
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jan 2016, 2:13 pm

androbot01 wrote:
Rockymntchris wrote:
If given the opportunity, I will belittle those who display the above behaviours. An example would be following "Granma Glitchbutt" into the supermarket parking lot, rolling down my window as she gets out of her full-sized Oldsmobile, and yelling something at her like, "if you drove any slower, you'd be in reverse!"

Does this make you feel better?

Of course, it's a necessary release for me so I can carry on with whatever I was doing before they got in my way.

Rockymntchris
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jan 2016, 2:24 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
^Don't get me started on people and shopping carts. I'm always encountering shoppers who seem to purposely position their carts in the aisle so nobody can get through! I just want to ram the bastards!

When this happens to me in the "big box" stores, I'll actually grab their cart and move it myself, while giving the shopper(s) a disgusted look as they watch me. IMO, dysfunctional customers need this type of blunt "correction", without any compassion or sensitivity whatsoever.

Also Bald Accountant, I do the same thing with queue stragglers (stand real close to them to make them uncomforable and want to move forward) that you do, fearing someone might indeed "cut in". Sorry Earthling, I know some like their "personal space", but I simply can't allow it at my expense (unless the person in front of me has a bad enough odour that I would want to back off myself). :eew:

FWIW, I'll never smoke cannabis to treat my issues, I can't stand the stinch of it.

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2016, 3:27 pm

Rockymntchris wrote:
Sorry Earthling, I know some like their "personal space", but I simply can't allow it at my expense (unless the person in front of me has a bad enough odour that I would want to back off myself). :eew:

Heh, yeah it's nothing personal, let's agree to disagree. :mrgreen:

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2016, 8:28 pm

Starfoxx wrote:
I know this will make me unpopular because most people aren't like this but I keep feeling angry at everyone on the bus and in college for nothing and I keep want get the throw stuff at them. I can't concentrate on studying or saying hello to everyone atm. People just talking about their weekend is annoying.

Are you sure it's really for nothing? I believe people have reasons for feeling the way they do, even if it's misdirected or doesn't seem connected to the events that are triggering the feeling. And lots of people feel annoyed or angry at others over trivial things. I say that because in my experience it's common for people to vent about little things pissing them off, even when they realize the people doing those things aren't really doing anything to bother them. I think this is a common human experience.

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2016, 10:07 pm

When I feel myself getting angry or irritated with people or in crowds, it's a signal to me that I'm reaching sensory or social overload, and need to get away and take some time to myself to calm down. OP, does this feeling of anger increase gradually the longer you're exposed to people, or is it instant, as soon as you step out the door? Perhaps there's something else winding you up that you're unaware of, and all the people around you just exacerbate your stress response, making you feel angry all the time? I know my tolerance for people drops way off when I'm bothered by something else.

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2016, 10:09 pm

If people get angry at every little thing, they will not have any time to feel pleasure.

Or they will adopt a violent reaction to the anger as their default pleasure.

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2016, 10:22 pm

StarTrekker wrote:
When I feel myself getting angry or irritated with people or in crowds, it's a signal to me that I'm reaching sensory or social overload, and need to get away and take some time to myself to calm down. OP, does this feeling of anger increase gradually the longer you're exposed to people, or is it instant, as soon as you step out the door? Perhaps there's something else winding you up that you're unaware of, and all the people around you just exacerbate your stress response, making you feel angry all the time? I know my tolerance for people drops way off when I'm bothered by something else.

This. It's usually a sensory problem for me. Or just a general feeling of being tired or overwhelmed. A lot of times I can't sort out what is really bothering me until I get away from it.