Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

CryingTears15
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Jan 2016, 3:24 pm

Hi. I am a teen girl. I am diagnosed with Asperger's and Bipolar.

I am not saying that I do not have bipolar, but a lot of the meltdowns and such could be explained by way of frustration and sensory meltdowns.

I may very well have it, but will my meds mess up my brain if I don't? I'm afraid.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

12 Jan 2016, 11:22 pm

The only way to know how the meds will affect you is to try em. Different people respond differently to them. They're less likely to mess you up too bad if you try them one at a time for a short time before deciding to stay on it or try something else or add something else.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Gwaredydd
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Jan 2016, 4:50 pm

I have been taking Rispiradone and Lithium for a psychotic disorder for 25 years. When the doctor messed with them, I began to get sick. There are much worse things you can take. Lithium is toxic though, so blood tests are a must.

Noura4eva
Toucan
Toucan

23 Feb 2016, 3:55 am

My son with classic autism began taking risperidone a year ago for severe meltdowns where he was hurting himself and other people. Since getting the dose right he has had no meltdowns.
My daughter was taking risperidone and sodium valporate, for bi polar and she was so calm , she told me she would feel annoyed but couldnt be bothered doing anything. WHat I saw with her was a much calmer happier person. They then decided to change her diagnosis to Borderline Personality disorder, and withdrew all her medications, which left her in some very dark places. Now she is doing much better though.
I think medication can do very well for people if its well managed and the doses are right. I do understand however that people don't like to take medications long term in case of long term affects.
I do think this could be monitored though through medical managements and regular check ups and blood tests is applicable