Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

HentaiHolocaust
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Jan 2016, 12:22 am

As someone with an ASD or any other disorder who would you say is your fictional spirit animal? They don't necessarily have to be a stereotypical "autistic savant". They could be just misunderstood, introverted, non-conformist, intelligent, eccentric, idealistic, cynical, under appreciated etc.

Some examples might be Sheldon Cooper, Sherlock Holmes, Lisa Simpson, Fa Mulan, Bruce Wayne, Naruto Uzumaki, Hermione Granger, Brainy Smuf, Wednesday Addams, Captain Spock or Eeyore just to name a few.

Mine is Daria Morgendorffer because she sees the superficiality of youth culture and unnecessary social norms so she distances herself from others and prefers to provide sarcastic commentary on the exploits of her fellow humans. But even though she cuts herself off she's extremely easy to read. Plus her monotone voice and lack of expression reminds me of myself.

Last edited by HentaiHolocaust on 19 Jan 2016, 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Boo Radley
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2016, 12:54 am

Boo Radley (thus my username) from To Kill a Mockingbird.

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2016, 12:57 am

Star Trek Voyager's Seven of Nine (hence my avatar).

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

SpaceAgeBushRanger
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jan 2016, 1:36 am

My spirit animal would be the vermin Gregor Samsa turns into in Kafka's Metamorphosis, mainly because the opening of that book reads like me waking up to go to high school.

As far as fictional humans go I relate to Mr Darcy from Pride And Prejudice because he refuses to dance at parties, and Bernard Black from Black Books because he hates people and hoards books. I also identify a bit with Superman, because he's superficially identical to the people that surround him, yet compelled to hide his awesomeness from them. I wish I had my own Fortress of Solitude.

DaughterOfAule
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Jan 2016, 1:58 am

Mine would have to be Hermione Granger, the Twelfth Doctor, and Bilbo Baggins. Hermione because I'm a complete bibliophile and I love to learn as much as I can. The Twelfth Doctor, since multiple times I've related to how he was interacting with people. Especially the way he acts when hugged, I do exactly that. Last, Bilbo Baggins because I very much like the comfort of my own home, with my books, my chair, and my predictable routines. Though also like Bilbo, if someone I trust drags me out of the house on an adventure in the end I am usually glad they did. (Even if I need a lot of quiet recovery time from having to deal with the people part of the adventure.)

"I do not wish to evade the world
Yet I will forever build my own" - Tuomas Holopainen

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2016, 7:58 am

Mine would be Sid from Flushed Away, or Sargent Schultz. They're so much alike. The truth hurts sometimes.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2016, 8:13 am

Whichever character who is extremely withdrawn, clumsy and mute.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2016, 10:09 am

The "Hidden Hand" - A fictional character or group that allegedly guides historical events toward the establishment of a One World Order - thus my choice of avatar.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2016, 10:33 am

I relate to the Eleventh Doctor a lot, and he is probably the Doctor that I am most like.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2016, 12:42 am

I'm starting to see the humour in it.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2016, 12:53 am

Kino, Kino's Journey

Depressing/tragic backstory, independent/alone, thoughtful, quiet

Luke Skywalker of course

Tries to see the best in others, peacekeeper, self critical(maybe? episode 8 will reveal more details), independent, adventurous

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2016, 7:27 am

I'm a little slower than some aspies.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2016, 7:41 am

I relate to piplup for one reason and one reason only I seem myself in him. I fit the characteristics of piplup. I'll Sight the pokedex here Also he is based on some of my favorite characters
A. Poseidon B. Napoleon (Infact Empoleon comes from Emperor Napoleon same with Prince Piplup which I'm also known as...) C. Emperor Penguins D. Pokemon It is kind of like a Merging of Special interests of sorts it is why my love for him is so strong. It doesn't like to be taken care of. It's difficult to bond with since it won't listen to its Trainer.
Because it is very proud, it hates accepting food from people. Its thick down guards it from cold. Two main parts of the pokedex entries depending on the a version. I wish, I had a Shiny Piplup plushie if only, I consider myself a shiny Piplup, Mostly because they rates for autistics are in a way like shiny pokemon, just on the inside. It is my main secret.. Accept it is. It is the whole joke with it. I even mod my Gaming Pictures :).

CockneyRebel wrote:
I'm a little slower than some aspies.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2016, 7:46 am

In a fantasy world where food is alive, mine would be Om Nom from Cut the Rope. He's a little Sweet Pea.

QuirkyCookie
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Jan 2016, 8:10 am

Oh man!

I am Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter) or Sid the Sloth (Ice Age).

Other possible one is Twoflower from Discworld (because he is a tourist in Ankh-Morpork same as I sometimes feel like a tourist in the NT world hehehe).

But I think Luna and Sid are the most common ones for me, that I would say are the top ones in my view.