Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

devilSpawn
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Feb 2017, 8:46 pm

I have fairly significant tactile sensitivity along with moderate auditory and sensitivity to strobe. To reduce my tactile triggers I wear oversized clothing and don't wear shoes (the confinement feeling when I wear shoes is felt throughout my whole body and manifests as significant anxiety trigger). Also, I try not to get rained on and have to work myself up to take a shower... I especially don't like someone putting their hands near my ears or to touch my face a lot of the time and when someone tries to physically move me in any sort of way it typically results in aggressive response. Today, on this site, I have been exposed to "PDA" - pathological demand avoidance, and with the little that I was able to find quickly on it, it seems to be something worth having my treatment team consider. Trouble? I am 31 with substantial abuse history caused by "authority", so coupled with some ptsd issues, perhaps my ASD with PDA tendencies is significantly compounded by my past experiences.

nonetheless, I have been known to get caught in the rain and have a meltdown in the middle of the sidewalk, a full grown man, standing out like a sore thumb, target for every bully in town and then poof, rain starts falling and I have a meltdown, or I step on something and meltdown, or there was a noise, or I can't fend of the reaction to it anymore or something...

It's a sheer miracle I haven't been killed by cops or other thugs yet, honestly.