Page 1 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Silas 112
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Feb 2016, 6:53 pm

So I was watching some videos about the Fine Brothers controversy that has been going on and I was unfortunate enough to come across this YouTuber with 184 THOUSAND subscribers called "NFKRZ" (I don't even know what that means, it looks like he just mashed his hand on the keyboard). While I don't support the Fine Brother's copyright stuff by any means I thought it was quite mean spirited that he said in the video that he was hoping they went poor.

I decided to click on his channel to see if the rest of his videos were equally mean spirited and it turns out he has an entire series called #AutismAlert. He also shares that hashtag on social media. The actual videos are just about dumb Twitter comments from his friends but he constantly uses 'autistic' as an insult in the videos. Even in his other videos he constantly calls people autistic ret*ds and makes impressions of autistic people where he just tries to make himself sound as dumb as possible. It can't even be considered jokes, he seems to go out of his way to insult autistic people whenever he gets the chance. Some of the other words he uses includes 'gay' and 'fa***t', but it seems like 'autistic' is his favorite go-to insult. He even used the N-Word in one of his videos, but he cut to a black dude saying it because... that's apparently more offensive than all the other s**t he says?

His fanbase is just as bad. There was a top comment on one of his videos that said "How many autistic kids does it take to screw a lightbulb?". This comment had 68 thumbs up. Some of the replies included "None, bc they're too dumb" and "One, but it would take a very long time". And this is what he calls "The greatest fans in the universe". I seriously can't tell if they genuinely hate autistic people or if they just think that autism is some kind of hilarious joke, but either way it makes me sick to my stomach that there are nearly 200,000 people who thinks this s**t is okay.

The worst part is that nobody seems to be against this. Most of his videos has nearly 100% likes. I looked through many comments on multiple of his videos to search for any type of intelligent life and I only saw like two or three people complain. And of course his fans just replied by calling them autistic losers.

I know it's "just the internet", but I just can't believe that blatantly mocking people for being autistic is considered acceptable now. To quote the Adams Family; "HAS THE PLANET GONE MAD!?". :roll:

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2016, 9:18 pm

"Autistic" has become the new "ret*d" sad to say, and I'm not sure what can be done about it.

Unfortunate_Aspie_
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2016, 1:47 am

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
"Autistic" has become the new "ret*d" sad to say, and I'm not sure what can be done about it.

Yes, Exactly.
I guess to the hyper-NT people out there that are super good at reading people it does genuinely seem like a form of mental retardation NOT to be able to see what they see. So, I guess I can see their point in thinking that (not that the perspective sharing is reciprocal at all).
I mean when I ask questions about stuff like that to my NT family they call me stupid and ret*d and dense- their go-to descriptors actually. I guess it just makes sense to them to use those words.
I mean- I think they are dumb too so.... the feeling is mutual. :?: :?
Also, people are incredibly cruel so it doesn't surprise me.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2016, 1:57 am

Unfortunate_Aspie_ wrote:
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:

Yes, Exactly.
I guess to the hyper-NT people out there that are super good at reading people it does genuinely seem like a form of mental retardation NOT to be able to see what they see. So, I guess I can see their point in thinking that (not that the perspective sharing is reciprocal at all).
I mean when I ask questions about stuff like that to my NT family they call me stupid and ret*d and dense- their go-to descriptors actually. I guess it just makes sense to them to use those words.
I mean- I think they are dumb too so.... the feeling is mutual. :?: :?
Also, people are incredibly cruel so it doesn't surprise me.

This is what I think of people. People = s**t.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2016, 3:24 am

I just looked up his Youtube account. On his last video with the #AutismAlert hashtag, he was whining that his Twitter account got suspended, I wonder why :roll: . What I would recommend is to just flag his videos, since it's technically against the Youtube content policy. Maybe we can get his whole channel deleted.

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2016, 3:39 am

Why does anyone care what this idiot and his ignorant followers say?

This looks like some moronic teenager who thinks he's funny, but is boring as hell. What the heck are kids watching these days? It's not even mildly amusing.

Every narcissistic brat out there seems to have a YouTube channel. Most are not even remotely original nor humorous.

They suck, and this guy sucks.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2016, 4:09 pm

If he's oh so famous why haven't I ever heard of him, something tells me its strictly youtube fame. Also I imagine most of the people watching the videos are immature jerks just like the guy who owns the channel...so that would explain all the approval and lack of people posting opposition.

I mean if I came across something like that I wouldn't even bother watching it all the way through and go on to something less stupid without even bothering to comment. I'd only comment if I really wanted an argument because there is no reasoning with those types on the internet they'll just keep coming up with more garbage to respond with so meh.

The guy is a loser, I mean they obviously don't have a life if they spend so much time talking crap on autistics and even using the 'ret*d' voice on videos to fill their youtube channel...his fan base are probably also losers.

IamRob
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Feb 2016, 5:55 pm

Big looser,I didn't look him up and don't want to either,people like that aren't worth my time.
I feel this speaks volumes on the intelligence of some of these so called "normal people"and even more for the people that follow and like him.

IamRob
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Feb 2016, 6:06 pm

Yep big looser,I didn't bother looking him up,people like that aren't worth my time.i feel that this speaks volumes about the intelligence of some of the so called"normal"people and even more the people who like and follow him.i believe in free speech but not when it demeans others. Cough(trump)

helloarchy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Feb 2016, 6:28 pm

People have been using autism to mean ret*d for ages now. FilthyFrankTV and Bobs Burgers did it years ago. IMO, best thing to do is brush over it or laugh it off. It's annoying, and a shame, but there ya go. The second real Autistic people and Aspies get "triggered" by it, they've already lost. It will just increase the lulz and spread it further. Then we'll have trolls coming to ASD sites trying to trigger us.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2016, 11:44 pm

Here in Australia every second teenager uses autistic or ret*d as way of slandering people. It's a lazy/ignorant way of abusing people as dumb or slow...

With it's frequency of use it's no wonder every second comedian or teenage youtube sensation use this type of language in their posts. The worst offenders are rappers

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2016, 11:47 pm

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:

I've seen aspies on WP use the word "ret*d" to ridicule...perhaps we should clean up our own backyard first

hellowp
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Feb 2016, 11:51 pm

The video is horrible :(

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2016, 4:48 am

cyberdad wrote:
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:

I've seen aspies on WP use the word "ret*d" to ridicule...perhaps we should clean up our own backyard first

I'll admit, I still catch myself using it from time to time. It's not a nice habit, but I dunno. I try not to use it here.

hellowp wrote:
The video is horrible :(

Slipknot isn't everyone's thing, and what I posted is one of their heaviest, most aggressive, rage-filled songs. It does a good job of summarizing what I think of most people though.

Karen145
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Feb 2016, 11:53 am

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:

^^ This. My husband joined a Warcraft guild recently and all the younger players were using it. He casually pointed out that they weren't even using it appropriately, and btw my son is autistic. They shut up real fast.

You seem to have both neurodiverse and neurotypical traits.
Parent of an autistic son.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2016, 12:16 pm

Ok whilst I still more or less stand by what I said of the youtuber who made the video being a loser, it doesn't mean I am offended by any misuse of the word autistic. But I can live with some humour and jokes pointed our way, even if they aren't 100% accurate...I saw use on t.v mentioned, well any funny t.v show should be making fun of everything and I typically take that as being more in good humour than meant to oppress autistics or something.

And as for the term ret*d, people said that a lot when I was a kid a lot of times to be mean...but I imagine a good bit to was that I didn't know what it meant to them. I always took it 100% literally, never occurred to me that it was just a go-to word kids used to tease each other...you'd think a teacher or someone could have pointed that out to me to soften the blow of getting called that all the time. But anymore I am well aware the term doesn't even mean anything demeaning...basically a fancy word for slow or slowed, funny how it came to be what it was based on that.