Veteran

25 Mar 2016, 9:08 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Obama give Israel around $10 million a day. He funded and support the massacres in Gaza in 2008 and 2014. Obama should be locked up.

And who is currently preferable as an ally in the Middle East, opposed to the single true democracy, Israel? I admit, I don't like everything Israel does, either; but on the other hand, it's not like Israel is carrying out unprovoked attacks on Gaza.

Lol, Israel is a democracy? Strange, considering that they see the West Bank and East Jerusalem as Israeli land and have an apartheid system there. "it's not like Israel is carrying out unprovoked attacks on Gaza." You really ought to educate yourself, that's exactly what Israel has been doing. It admittedly goes in to "mow the lawn". If you're interested I will point you in the right direction.

As I said, I don't like everything Israel does, in particular the way Palestinians - even those who are Israeli citizens - are treated as enemies. And I am the first to say that destroying the family homes of Palestinian terrorists does nothing but create new terrorists. That, and I absolutely despise the racism and Anti-Gentile hatred spewed by the Israeli right, which is also directed at black African Jews. That said, the Palestinian Authority, and Hamas in Gaza, are renowned for their own religious and racial bigotry, for their violence and intolerance toward both political dissenters and those they regard as social pariahs (such as gays), for government corruption and criminality, not to mention that the PA coddles terrorists, while Hamas are terrorists. So far, Israel is the best of a bad situation we can get.

The policies of Israel say far more than some honest far right people there. Hamas are just the result of Israel, and the PA are Israeli puppets. Israel are a terrorist state, Hamas has actually stuck to ceasefires and agreed to terms set out by the US and the EU.

I seem to recall Hamas lobbing rockets, and digging tunnels across the Israeli border, every time.
And sure, Hamas was a response to Israel. But the Nazis were also the creation of the Treaty of Versailles. That didn't mean we weren't going to fight Hitler.

Comparing Hamas with the Nazis, that's a new one :roll: If you're caged from all sides and have a blockade on you and are getting shot like fish in a barrel, it is perfectly reasonable to dig tunnels. Hamas lobbed rockets in response to Israel's murderous rampages.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2016, 11:32 am

No way is this ever right.I have fruit and nut trees and I know what I'd do if I caught someone cutting them down.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/mi ... story.html

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

25 Mar 2016, 11:48 am

The Israeli settlers are a huge problem, they are committing ethnic cleansing and making a Palestinian state impossible from ever existing. I think at this point there is no real solution to the conflict accept that Israel stops being a 'Jewish State' and give full civil rights to the Palestinians but we know that isn't going to happen. Egypt and Jordan should take take back control of Gaza and the West Bank respectively in my opinion so those populations don't have to live under siege.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2016, 3:40 pm

Black Pride, Jew Pride, Hispanic Pride, Homosexual Pride, White Racism.

They all speak White words, live in White houses, get White educations, drive White cars, to White jobs, under White Law.

White people make more money than everyone except European Jews and East Asians.

David Duke does pod casts with Black Historians. Check them out on YouTube.

They agree that there is a Black point of view, a White point of view, and a lets you and him fight Racist point of view.

The KKK was disbanded after the Civil War. Another group using the name came up in 1920-1930s in the north, New York to Chicago. A revived Klan rose in the south in the 1960s. This last was in response to the Federal Government.

As the Klan admits, all time, there have been maybe a thousand lynching's claimed to be Klan.

Most were not, just some locals. Some innocent were lynched, some guilty.

More Black Men have been killed by Black Men in the last month.

Like it or not, our futures are bound together. We have to make the best choice for all the people.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2016, 4:35 am

I was very surprised today to learn that KKK were historically Democrats and extremely anti-Republicans.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2016, 5:12 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I was very surprised today to learn that KKK were historically Democrats and extremely anti-Republicans.

The operative word is "were." Back in the 19th and early and mid 20th centuries, the Democrats, particularly in the south, had been extremely conservative, while the Republicans represented the radical left. Because of animosity left following the Civil War, white southerners saw the Republicans as the cause of their defeat, and as race traitors. Hence, the KKK sought to terrorize Republicans involved in Reconstruction, who they labeled as carpet baggers, as well as the Pro-Union white southerners, who they called scallywags. With FDR's New Deal, the northern Democrats began moving to the left, while southern Democrats remained right wing. With the advent of civil rights for African Americans, which was supported by both northern Democrats and moderate Republicans, white southern Democrats became increasingly estranged, some like Strom Thurmond even attempting to form their own Dixiecrat party. At the same time, the Republican Presidential nominee, Barry Goldwater, while himself not personally racist, had the libertarian notion in his head that the federal government had no right to tell the states what to do, even if it involved assuring American citizens their constitutionally guaranteed rights. Setting the tone for the two parties ever after, white southern Democrats - including racists like the KKK - began switching parties as they were replaced by now voting black southern Democrats, as as northern Democrats became the liberal party. Finally, Ronald Reagan captured the white southern vote for the Republican party with coded and not so coded rhetoric embracing the racial prejudice of many white southerners. That's not to say that all white southerners are racists, or that all northerners are free of racial hate, but this is a synopsis of how the current political situation evolved.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2016, 8:24 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Yes- the two major parties kinda swapped places over time. Both ideologically and regionally.

The Grand Old Party (actually the younger of the two) was founded for the sole purpose of abolishing slavery(the ultimate progressive cause of the time) in the 1850's.

When the GOP finally got its first man into the Oval Office (Lincoln) it scared the slave owning south into secession. Lincoln crushed the south in the war, but was the South's best and most forgiving friend after the war. But because Booth shot him he wasnt there to restrain the vengeful "Radical Republicans" from exacting vengeful policies on the South during Reconstruction. So White Southerns became embittered against the GOP.

The first iteration of the KKK was formed in the South during this post civil war reconstruction period. Hense their anti Republican attitude.

Meanwhile in the North the GOP became the party of business and management. So northern Democrats fell into the role of being the party of the rising labor movement in the labor vs managment struggles of the industrialzing north.

After World War Two the two parties settled into a stable forms: the smaller but unified pro business party (GOP)- the Dems. being the larger clumsy coalition between northern labor unionists and New Dealers (on one hand), and Southern arch conservative segregationists on the other hand.

When Black Civil Rights Movement erupted in post war America its best ally was the Democratic Party- often recruiting individual GOP pols on its side- against the worst enemy of the Black Civil Rights movement-which was-the Democratic Party!

The Democratic Party remained this wacky combination of northern liberals and southern arch conservatives until the 1994 off year election under Clinton-when both Southern White voters-and the pols they voted for- defected en mass from the Democratic Party to the GOP.

Now both parties are about the same size and have about the same degree of unity/disunity.

Today people who would have been southern Democrats only a generation ago, are now in the GOP.

Ironically the party of Lincoln is now largely the party of Southern Whites.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

21 Apr 2016, 9:16 am

These parties have always been broad changing coalitions, people supported and didn't support the abolition of slavery for lots of reasons as it was the predominant issue of the time but probably the most important determining factor was religion which the US has gone into periods religious revival called the first/second/third "Great Awakenings" with the abolition and women's rights movement mainly being born out of the second one in the early 1800s. Quakers were also very anti-slavery, William Penn and Benjamin Franklin were instrumental to creating our form of government. You can't really parallel the parties to the 19th century counterparts. Thomas Jefferson and Andrew Jackson were Democrats but now they're shunned from the party which they'd probably call for a revolution against. Jackson can finally rest, he's off that god damned Federal Reserve note.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2016, 1:47 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

The operative word is "were." Back in the 19th and early and mid 20th centuries, the Democrats, particularly in the south, had been extremely conservative, while the Republicans represented the radical left. Because of animosity left following the Civil War, white southerners saw the Republicans as the cause of their defeat, and as race traitors. Hence, the KKK sought to terrorize Republicans involved in Reconstruction, who they labeled as carpet baggers, as well as the Pro-Union white southerners, who they called scallywags. With FDR's New Deal, the northern Democrats began moving to the left, while southern Democrats remained right wing. With the advent of civil rights for African Americans, which was supported by both northern Democrats and moderate Republicans, white southern Democrats became increasingly estranged, some like Strom Thurmond even attempting to form their own Dixiecrat party. At the same time, the Republican Presidential nominee, Barry Goldwater, while himself not personally racist, had the libertarian notion in his head that the federal government had no right to tell the states what to do, even if it involved assuring American citizens their constitutionally guaranteed rights. Setting the tone for the two parties ever after, white southern Democrats - including racists like the KKK - began switching parties as they were replaced by now voting black southern Democrats, as as northern Democrats became the liberal party. Finally, Ronald Reagan captured the white southern vote for the Republican party with coded and not so coded rhetoric embracing the racial prejudice of many white southerners. That's not to say that all white southerners are racists, or that all northerners are free of racial hate, but this is a synopsis of how the current political situation evolved.

I must make a correction for an unintentional error. I unintentionally seem to have stated that Strom Thurmond and Barry Goldwater were running for the White House in the same year, and that clearly is not correct. Sorry for my clumsy mistake. :oops:

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2016, 1:56 pm

Jackson never should have been on a bill.The Indian removal act was not something that Americans should be proud of.That old devil Grant shouldn't be on a bill either.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2016, 2:19 pm

Very confusing, just swap your parties' names today to become more aligned with the related ideologies in history:P

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2016, 5:03 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Why do you support Israel but not the KKK?

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2016, 6:59 pm

I read today where the Imperial Wizard of the KKK has endorsed Trump. I love it!

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2016, 7:13 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Do you honestly think there's a valid comparison between the two?

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2016, 7:22 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Do you honestly think there's a valid comparison between the two?

Not really no. It's unfair on the KKK to make any kind of comparison.