Post your unpopular music-related opinions here

Page 29 of 29 [ 454 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2023, 9:34 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:
I think they would sound better with cowbell.

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell. :nerdy:

:lol:

old_comedywriter
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2023, 9:51 pm

Country Western isn't all useless whiny "My dawg left me and took my tractor" nonsense.

There's still 3% of it left that might be good.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2023, 9:54 pm

old_comedywriter wrote:
Country Western isn't all useless whiny "My dawg left me and took my tractor" nonsense.

There's still 3% of it left that might be good.

There's also Bro Country, which makes many people miss when the worst country was about the dog taking the tractor and your sister taking your kids but you still have to see the in-laws because they're your folks too.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2023, 8:39 pm

I dislike what I tend to call 'Apathetic singing'. As in, the song has no highs or lows, it stays consistent - sang in a disinterested monotone with minimal or no instrumental backing.

I understand that it's supposed to be solumn and moody but I just find it dull.

Take the song 'Bad Guy' by Billie Eilish. When it first hit the charts, I disliked it. Found it boring to listen to and would switch to another song instead.

However, then I discovered the cover by The Interrupters and I loved it. The cover made me realise that the lyrics weren't actually bad. Suddenly, the song had energy. A kick. It was rebellious rather than bored.

A lot of pop music I hear on the radio is a bit... dreary. Maybe it's the station I listen to but the songs just sound like they've collectively given up on the world.

Then again, I'm just incredibly biased towards pop punk, pop rock and electro swing. :P

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2023, 11:57 pm

So, I was exposed to Taylor Swift today. Her music is like the Bud Light of music. It's not terrible or unlistenable, it's just overwhelmingly bland like pablum.

I don't know how such a boring and mid entertainer can get so big, I assumed it was some nobody bedroom pop artist on CBC. :lol:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2023, 12:07 am

The Interrupters make everything sound good. ^^