Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

CryptoNerd
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Mar 2016, 9:13 am

I've done a lot of stupid stuff during manic episodes; burnt a lot of bridges. I want to hear other people's stories, from all those of you who have a diagnosis of bipolar.

Ashariel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2016, 10:19 am

I can't even say, it's too embarrassing. Basically, stuff that only a complete idiot would ever think was a good idea.

After I realized I was bipolar, I learned to ask myself: "Is this important? Does this matter? Does this affect other people?" And if the answer was yes - don't do it! So I trained myself to specifically choose manic pursuits that don't matter, and won't affect anyone else. It's actually worked well for me, and I'm a lot more stable as a result.

Neo Redpill 101
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Apr 2016, 10:20 am

CryptoNerd wrote:
I've done a lot of stupid stuff during manic episodes; burnt a lot of bridges. I want to hear other people's stories, from all those of you who have a diagnosis of bipolar.

The worst things I have done:

Punching a hole in my dad's bedroom door after almost fighting him.

Jumping out of a moving vehicle while arguing with my mom.

Throwing a flaming hot burrito at someone's face in junior high because they cut in front of me in line/shoved me.

Threatening to kill people.

Telling my older sister that I don't love her/stormed out of her house on Christmas.

Ending a very long relationship with a close friend over an argument.

Tawaki
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2016, 8:18 pm

Left my home, moved to Chicago for 4 months. Moved in with a guy who I really didn't know and got engaged. Deliberately got pregnant and then wound up having a miscarriage.

Got suicidally depressed and crawled back to my own state with $10 in my pocket.

I f****d up a lot of people's lives with that stunt.

That is the one mania I have really regretted.

During a dysphoric mania, I called my shrink and asked him why I shouldn't set myself on fire, since my life totally sucked. Yes, I did have a can of diesel fuel/kerosene/gasoline mixture and a Zippo lighter. In the middle of nowhere. Yeah..I know...

Last one, left for Toronto because I didn't want to show up for a shrink appointment. He called my mobile. Where are you? I think Bloor Street. I'm calling the police. Good luck, I'm in another country.

I have done all the usually ragey BS stuff at people, but those three are the worse in my book for various reasons.