The Truth AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH: 2016 Election

Page 18 of 114 [ 1815 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 114  Next

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2016, 2:52 pm

drlaugh wrote:
Are there ejections in Kansas

Do Kansans want Brown back?

me.. Somewhere in the land of Iz/KS - but not to knowledgable on politics.
I was air hockey champion one year as a Jayhawker.

Are you saying you went to KU?!

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Bombe
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 May 2016, 5:06 pm

Really disgusted with the riots that have been occurring, but I am all for peaceful protests. These groups of people do have the right to protest, but not when it involves vandalism and violence. As a leftist myself, I am really disgusted that there are people like this. One could also claim that this is a result of Trump's bigoted comments however, but I still don't think that excuses any of the actions of these protesters.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2016, 2:58 am

This is why we need Trump:

Cuban-American Filmmaker Warns America Is Morphing Into Communist Country. http://tiny.iavian.net/a369

GO TRUMP! GO TRUMP! GO TRUMP!

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Bombe
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 May 2016, 9:36 pm

nurseangela wrote:

Cuban-American Filmmaker Warns America Is Morphing Into Communist Country. http://tiny.iavian.net/a369

If communism is guaranteeing healthcare to all citizens and providing a livable-wage to those in poverty, then I guess I'm a communist... :/

These sorts of comments don't quite make sense to me. I don't understand why things like a single-payer healthcare system is considered becoming communist. By those standards, nearly every other first-world country is also communist.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2016, 10:23 pm

Bombe wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

If communism is guaranteeing healthcare to all citizens and providing a livable-wage to those in poverty, then I guess I'm a communist... :/

These sorts of comments don't quite make sense to me. I don't understand why things like a single-payer healthcare system is considered becoming communist. By those standards, nearly every other first-world country is also communist.

Healthcare is a business - not something that is owed to everyone regardless of their contribution to society. A lot of hospitals are "for profit" meaning that they take a loss for those who can't pay. I used to work for a Sisters of Charity that was not for profit and they went belly up and were taken over by a "for profit" company from California. With healthcare costs soaring, where do you think that all this money is expected to come from? No one has answered that question yet. You think that people are owed free dialysis, free organ transplants, free drugs? The answer? People will have certain treatments that they are allowed up to a point and anything past that is up to nature. I've had illegal alien patients who thought they were owed a kidney transplant - Nope. They were turned away. Healthcare is not a "free for all" - not in a capitalist country.

Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2016, 1:30 am

It's the hostess with the mostest!
Hot news for tonight!
Just in from Drudge:

Trump trouncing in Calif. by 34 points: Poll. http://tiny.iavian.net/a3yn

Woo Hoo! And Yippee too!

Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2016, 1:34 am

And from the Left, Hillary is pissed again!

Clinton allies fume over Sanders's vow to fight on. http://tiny.iavian.net/a3zv

Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2016, 1:45 am

And here is your King spending another TRILLION of our money. What a hell of a fine president looking out for the welfare of this country!

In 6 Months Since Budget Deal: Debt Up More Than $1 Trillion. http://tiny.iavian.net/a3rt

Just another reason we need Trump......

Darn, I flunked.

Last edited by nurseangela on 03 May 2016, 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2016, 1:54 am

And holy moly! Fewer illegals being deported too.
What a fine master Mr. Aw has turned out to be.
More like Master of Disaster!

Exclusive Chart: Deportation Budget Grows 25 Percent While Deportations Plummet - Breitbart. http://tiny.iavian.net/a3z4

And that's the WHOLE TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH......... for now.

Darn, I flunked.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

03 May 2016, 3:28 am

Given the cost of medical care, universal free or subsidized healthcare for the less fortunate is a good thing. Not for procedures such as plastic surgery for purely cosmetic reasons, but certainly for dental treatment, mental health, hospitalization and the like. You wouldn't feel comfortable with people dying because they are refused essential health services, would you?

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2016, 4:51 am

envirozentinel wrote:
Given the cost of medical care, universal free or subsidized healthcare for the less fortunate is a good thing. Not for procedures such as plastic surgery for purely cosmetic reasons, but certainly for dental treatment, mental health, hospitalization and the like. You wouldn't feel comfortable with people dying because they are refused essential health services, would you?

Yeah, Americans are very comfortable with that.

Do you give to starving people in Africa, or do you nothing and let them die? Why do you feel comfortable letting them die?

It's not your responsibility, right?

America is "land of the free" not land of "you're responsible for others".

Last edited by LoveNotHate on 03 May 2016, 5:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2016, 5:00 am

Bombe wrote:
Really disgusted with the riots that have been occurring, but I am all for peaceful protests. These groups of people do have the right to protest, but not when it involves vandalism and violence. As a leftist myself, I am really disgusted that there are people like this. One could also claim that this is a result of Trump's bigoted comments however, but I still don't think that excuses any of the actions of these protesters.

The goal of some of those behind these these protests must be to get Trump elected because they think it would be good for their fundraising. That is the only way rioting with Mexican flags and having chilldren screaming curses at Trump supporters at protests and creating an ad in which children curse makes any type of sense.

I am old enough remember all sorts or riots and cursing led to a backlash the led to the biggest landslide in American history and a 30-40 year conservative era.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2016, 8:39 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
I am old enough remember all sorts or riots and cursing led to a backlash the led to the biggest landslide in American history and a 30-40 year conservative era.

Except .. between Trump and Clinton .. who is the conservative and who is the liberal?

Trump wants touch-back amnesty for illegal citizens.
Trump wants free health care for all.
Trump wants to end NAFTA and other "free trade" agreements.
Trumps wants tariffs on China and Mexico to protect workers.
Trump supports transgender bathroom choice.
Trump over the years has proposed a "soak the rich" tax on the super-wealthy on their assets.
Trump proposed tax cuts on the poor and middle class.

Bombe
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 May 2016, 9:10 am

Tax cuts are not a liberal or conservative thing. Any sort of policy requires taxes to be raised, but you are daft if you don't recognize you are saving money by not having to pay for healthcare premiums. If my healthcare premium costs $5000 annually, and that cost is removed but I am paying $3000 more in taxes, then I am saving $2000. If you can't see that, you need help.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2016, 2:40 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Except .. between Trump and Clinton .. who is the conservative and who is the liberal?

Trump wants touch-back amnesty for illegal citizens.
Trump wants free health care for all.
Trump wants to end NAFTA and other "free trade" agreements.
Trumps wants tariffs on China and Mexico to protect workers.
Trump supports transgender bathroom choice.
Trump over the years has proposed a "soak the rich" tax on the super-wealthy on their assets.
Trump proposed tax cuts on the poor and middle class.

Does not matter to them as long as the backlash they seem to want to create elects Trump which in turn will create even more fear the oldest fundraising technique in existence.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2016, 3:17 pm

Bombe wrote:
Tax cuts are not a liberal or conservative thing. Any sort of policy requires taxes to be raised, but you are daft if you don't recognize you are saving money by not having to pay for healthcare premiums. If my healthcare premium costs $5000 annually, and that cost is removed but I am paying $3000 more in taxes, then I am saving $2000. If you can't see that, you need help.

Why do you include insults in your posts? I remind you, you are on an autistic support website and you are making disparaging remarks about a person's intellect.

However, you are wrong. I have an Aetna HSA and I pay no premiums.

So, no, I would be much worse off with Sander's hands in my pockets.