Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2016, 2:33 pm

Has anybody ever played the Mass Effect trilogy?

I understand there is going to be another game, Mass Effect: Andromeda, which is to take place long after the trilogy.

SerOrange
Raven
Raven

04 Apr 2016, 7:51 pm

Yes! I've played each game at least twice. It's probably my favourite video game franchise ever.

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2016, 6:39 am

I love mass effect :D In an ironic twist I actually like ME better then dragon age xD

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2016, 9:06 pm

Yeah, Mass Effect is pretty great. I didn't like the ending and the first game is probably weaker overall than its sequels even if its story was better, but the overall experience was excellent. I'm looking forward to the next game.

Other than Dragon Age Origins and Awakening, I haven't really liked the Dragon Age franchise very much, so overall I think Mass Effect is by far the better series.

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2016, 9:02 am

I have inquisition which I got 90+ hours in but still haven't beat the main story line because of all the side quests xD I did have and beat DA2 though.

Malaise
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Apr 2016, 4:50 pm

I played the trilogy pretty much beginning to end a few years ago when I was stuck in bed for a week. It got me through some pretty serious pain.

I doubt the new game will be using the same characters though so I'm unsure if I'll like it. Shooters have never been my favorite genre so they'd have to pull off the same thing with a new cast for me to get into it.

Iamaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2016, 1:21 pm

Yep, Jackie even liked doing the decisions for the dialogue decision tree sequences, though on the day she went to babysit for her brother it was one of the things she acted like she didn't like. I don't like the Asari either, they're just weird, but every game has its faults and Mass Effect is a game that has more bathwater than I'd like but far more baby to outweigh the bathwater by far. Perhaps if there were a better "choose your story" space opera game like it, I'd go with that, but Mass Effect is one of the best games ever made still regardless of its faults. The phrase "don't throw the baby out with the bathwater" really applies here, and with most things in this fallen world, but it is a mostly good game despite junk that should have been left out.

diablo291
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Apr 2016, 9:16 am

Oh yes, I've played the whole trilogy, currently playing through it a second time on renegade.

Legit like one of my most favourite games ever, they're brilliant :D

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2016, 11:56 am

Wrex: Shepard
Shepard: Wrex

... Best dialogue ever... Even Garrus' favourite spot on the citadel cannot compete...

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2016, 1:00 pm

^And Legion! He's great!

"We do not comprehend the organic fascination of self-poisoning, auditory damage, and sexually transmitted disease."

Neither do I! :lol:

RonaldD793
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 May 2016, 4:56 am

I've played Mass Effect 1 and it was what got me hooked on series, from the story, the art direction and the setting. I especially enjoyed the scene where the Reaper said some chilling and foreboding things. My only gripe was the game play, which I considered to be average to mediocre. Then I played Mass Effect 2 and while I liked the story and the game play was a massive improvement, what irked me was they simplified the combat system down to fit the console "experience". I haven't played Mass Effect 3 yet, and quite frankly I wouldn't want to play the game if I had the chance. Critics and amateur video game reviewers consider this to be the worst in the trilogy, and don't get me started on the ending. Oh well at least I got some enjoyment out of Mass Effect 1 and 2 :) .

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2016, 8:45 am

Dunno if anyone remembers this but there was a quest in ME2 where there was reference to autism because one guy was able to understand and talk to the geth. Its been a while since I played but I vaguely remember that part.

EnmaLionheart
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 May 2016, 2:39 pm

KyleTheGhost wrote:
Has anybody ever played the Mass Effect trilogy?

I understand there is going to be another game, Mass Effect: Andromeda, which is to take place long after the trilogy.

Haven't played though I'm very interested in the series personallh. I do know someone who has played the game on my Facebook.

*goes back on phone thinking of first cosplay ideas*

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2016, 6:36 am

Played all three and loved them.

Quote:
Dunno if anyone remembers this but there was a quest in ME2 where there was reference to autism because one guy was able to understand and talk to the geth. Its been a while since I played but I vaguely remember that part.

That's the "Overlord" DLC for ME2. Not the best part of the series.

Quote:
... Best dialogue ever...

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2016, 12:22 pm

I love all the mass effct games!! I'm so excited for andromeda although I'm going to miss playing as shepard!

I love bioware games and wish they would start a new game series with a new story!

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2016, 4:02 pm

Alliekit wrote:
I love bioware games and wish they would start a new game series with a new story!

Well, ME:Andromeda is a new story, it's just the same universe. Its set long after the events of the first trilogy and in another galaxy altogether, so I don't think you can even call it the same setting.