Teaser Trailer For "Star Wars: Rogue One" Now Online!

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2016, 2:37 pm

In Theaters December 16th!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2016, 5:45 pm

What do you think? Is the lead character in Rogue One the mother?

http://www.fandango.com/movie-news/rogue-one-buzz-could-felicity-jones-jyn-erso-be-reys-mom-750704

slenkar
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2016, 7:18 pm

Probably but I also read that none of the characters use the force at all

tatals
Raven
Raven

08 Apr 2016, 7:23 pm

Can't wait!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2016, 2:22 pm

I didn't go to the theater to see The Force Awakens, so I have no opinion if Jyn Erso is the mother, but let the speculation continue! :lol:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2016, 11:55 pm

Upon playing the trailer, my daughter enthusiastically asked if we can see it. Of course we're going to see it!! !! !

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2016, 2:31 pm

IMO, it's great that this movie will be centered around a strong female character. :D

slenkar
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2016, 4:22 pm

I have always liked Ripley and Sarah Connor but not Rey as she had a stink attitude and was over powered.

Princess Leia had a stink attitude but she was likable,
maybe it was because she didn't try to harass han solo into changing the way he was. She could dish it out to han and Luke but also took han's jibes on the chin. Rey would probably have terrorized the old han of the original trilogy.

Rey would probably try to compete with han and prove she was better, whereas Leia acted more like a team member and not an adversary.

Hopefully the lead of this movie will not be antagonistic and competitive towards her team and have the 'I don't need help from no man' attitude.

Ripley from alien was a great character because she reacted negatively to the bad guy, 'Burke' but reacted positively to the good guys.

Vasquez was a strong female who gave out a bunch of attitude and could handle herself, but acted as a team member and didn't try to compete against everyone. Vasquez was a great likable character also.

Rey beating up two big men isn't believable and seems like pandering because she is built like a matchstick.
Vasquez beating up two big men would have been a lot more believable.

I think Sarah Connor,Vasquez, princess Leia and Ripley are universally liked among the male sci-fi fans. I have never heard of anyone disliking these characters.

Sarah Connor has a good character arc where she starts off as a normal person and ends up as a resourceful badass.
Rey's character arc seems to be going from mediocre Jedi to master Jedi, not very interesting.

If there was a male character in an Alien movie who refused any help from a female with a hateful attitude I don't think he would be a likable character either.

The force Awakens showed Rey refusing any help as strong, but then showed Fin accepting the same help from Rey as good also! That's quite hypocritical!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2016, 3:32 pm

IMO, misogynists should stop whining over the fact that the lead character in Rogue 1 is female and stop whining about Hollywood making more movies and TV shows that feature strong female characters. :x :lol:

tatals
Raven
Raven

12 Apr 2016, 9:59 pm

I don't see how we can compare Leia and Rey, for one. They have very different backgrounds. Leia is a politician, she's used to diplomacy; whereas Rey is a lonely girl trying to survive whle grabbing whatever vague hope she has of ever seeing her family again.

I see nothing unlikeable about her. I didn't see her competing, nor refusing any help. Could you clarify on that?

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2016, 10:31 pm

tatals wrote:
I don't see how we can compare Leia and Rey, for one. They have very different backgrounds. Leia is a politician, she's used to diplomacy; whereas Rey is a lonely girl trying to survive whle grabbing whatever vague hope she has of ever seeing her family again.

I see nothing unlikeable about her. I didn't see her competing, nor refusing any help. Could you clarify on that?

The complaint is that she's a savant in everything.

-Having just learned she has force powers that day, she defeated the villain who trained under Luke many years ago.

-She knew how to fly a ship better than Han, who spent his life flying that specific ship.

-She knew how to fix the ship better than Han.

-Her stormtropper companion was made a coward ("Let's run away ..."), and a terrible fighter (losses his two big fights) to emphasize how fearless and powerful she is.

-She knows the Wookie language.

tatals
Raven
Raven

12 Apr 2016, 11:09 pm

I see.

I may be biased, but it actually doesn't bother me. I mean, Anakin and Luke were great pilots and neither had much more of an experience than she had - granted the Millennium must be a bit harder to pilot, being old and all.

As for the fixing abilities, I attributed that to her familiarity with machinery as a scavenger.

Also, I don't see why Finn would have to be an awesome fighter. It's pretty obvious he wasn't born for that on the first scene. He just doesn't have the talent.

The Wookie language is definitely too much. Agreed.

But, all in all, I don't see that much difference from the inconsistencies we see in the other films.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2016, 10:50 pm

New trailer -- pop it open to full screen, and the visuals are pretty spectacular.

There Are Four Lights!

catherinewalker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Aug 2016, 12:07 am

Can't wait!

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2016, 5:22 am

catherinewalker wrote:
Can't wait!

Me, too! James Earl Jones is back as Darth Vader!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2016, 4:13 pm

KyleTheGhost wrote:
catherinewalker wrote:
Can't wait!

Me, too! James Earl Jones is back as Darth Vader!

But David Prowse has not been asked to don the suit again, and is he pissed!