Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2016, 12:51 pm

I just received an e-mail message from Autism BrainNet (I subscribed to its messages a year ago at the 2015 IMFAR conference, but didn't agree to donate my brain for study after my death). The message from Autism BrainNet mentions a couple Autism Speaks (AS) events and projects, and concludes with the statement "Join Autism Speaks and the autism community at resource fairs coming up. Autism BrainNet will be there!"

I understand that national and international autism-research organizations believe that there is a need for them to cooperate with each other. But, such relationships make me question how much of AS' agenda items are promoted by others willingly and knowingly. Are their relationships civil involvement or active promotion. Do they share material assets and/or paid staffers? Where does Autism Speaks end and Autism BrainNet begin?

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2016, 1:52 am

From the website:

Quote:
The Autism BrainNet is a collaborative effort of the Simons Foundation and Autism Speaks, Inc. .