Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2016, 4:27 pm

I don't understand men, they like you & when you message them, they refuse to talk to you, I understand if they live in a different state or a different country. It's over with that guy I was talking to, I moved on already, I'm talking to 4 guys. One of them, I told him already that I have CP, aspergers & psoriasis, he seems ok with it, I guess, but he was texting & driving, he live close by. We just met today & he wanted to meet tonight for drinks. I'm getting comfortable telling men about my CP, aspergers & psoriasis.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2016, 5:06 pm

They may have liked you by mistake. I suspect women who liked me did so by mistake.

Women do the same thing like then not talk to me and their profile says stuff that I don't have or things they dislike that I am.

Then again the whole thing is based solely on looks so possible they don't really match well after reading your profile.

I do the marching everyday and I've occasionally made mistakes there's no unliking option

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2016, 5:06 pm

Hugs

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2016, 7:30 pm

"Like" means that they like your profile, but may not necessarily think you're a good match. I've had a few cases where someone did that to me and subsequently explained it. I've also come across some really well-written and interesting profiles that I liked, even though I didn't message them because we didn't have much in common.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2016, 8:07 pm

Stargazer43 wrote:
"Like" means that they like your profile, but may not necessarily think you're a good match. I've had a few cases where someone did that to me and subsequently explained it. I've also come across some really well-written and interesting profiles that I liked, even though I didn't message them because we didn't have much in common.

Not anymore, they've all moved to a tinder like liking system, you see a picture and either swipe left or right. After liking you can then look at their profile. It's all based on looks.

Pof at least lets you read some of their profile if you want.

Could be they found her pretty but upon reading profile not a match.

I find most women gorgeous but I wouldn't match up well with most women.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2016, 12:47 am

Why men can't handle if a woman have CP, aspergers & psoriasis? Maybe it's too much to handle.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Apr 2016, 1:20 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
Why men can't handle if a woman have CP, aspergers & psoriasis? Maybe it's too much to handle.
It probably is too much to handle for some men cuz they're afraid that you'll be more dependent on them & the relationship but the rite man for you will be willing to deal with it. I have lots of issues too; Aspergers, dyslexia, a tremor disorder that acts up when doing things with fine motor-skills or when nervous or stressed, & a rare low vision disorder that makes me too nearsighted to drive & includes some colorblindness. I'm on Social Security Disability & I lived with my parents till I moved in with my current girlfriend. I tried lots of dating sites but had no luck cuz the women wanted someone more independent who they thought would be able to take care of them better & they probably had some misconceptions about Aspergers too. My current girlfriend is also on the spectrum & is on SSI because of anxiety & depression issues & cant handle living alone. I've been through a bad depression that took about 5 years to get over & I also have anxiety issues but found meds that help em alot. We're a good match because we both understand what it's like to have issues even thou we don't fully grasp how the issues affect the other one & we do our very best to be supportive of each other. It's a symbiotic relationship but we both love each other too. I guess my point is that maybe you would have better luck with guys who also have issues but it can vary alot by the guy & the issues.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

ZD
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2016, 7:37 am

To be the person who messes up the like system, I just like everyone :roll:. Then see who likes my profile or contacts, back. When they do I read their profile then contact or block.

I am basing this on women are probably been more picky :)

ZD
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2016, 7:44 am

Kitty4670 wrote:

Possibly, but don't assume all men would be put off. But I wouldn't mention it until it is an issue let them get to know you as it is part of you.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2016, 11:55 am

ZD wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:

Possibly, but don't assume all men would be put off. But I wouldn't mention it until it is an issue let them get to know you as it is part of you.

I was talking to this guy I met yesterday & he wanted to meet that night for drinks, that why I told him, he was driving at that time, he seemed ok with it, I guess. I haven't heard from him in over 2 hours so I told him goodbye, what if I jump to the wrong conclusion, did I do the right thing?

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2016, 12:00 pm

I finally made a good profile, I kept on going to my profile & editing alot to make myself sound better, it worked, men tell me I have a nice profile.