Please Help - I think my ex is an aspie

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 7:50 pm

The cow one - I would have been out of there and not looked back.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 7:55 pm

The crying one - that's what I mean by no empathy. Unless he was being an a-hole.

I had enough of that kind of talk from my dad who I think has narcissistic personality disorder and I wouldn't put up with that kind of talk anymore. If I was married, I would definitely get a divorce if I was talked to like that.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

caritza
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Apr 2016, 8:00 pm

nurseangela wrote:
The crying one - that's what I mean by no empathy. Unless he was being an a-hole.

I had enough of that kind of talk from my dad who I think has narcissistic personality disorder and I wouldn't put up with that kind of talk anymore. If I was married, I would definitely get a divorce if I was talked to like that.

ohh I forgot ...it was long distance, one day he told me that he wanted me to have sex with other guys so I could "meet my needs", but that he would never have sex w other girls. ??

He once said that he was trying to read my body language to know if he could kiss me.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 8:11 pm

caritza wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

ohh I forgot ...it was long distance, one day he told me that he wanted me to have sex with other guys so I could "meet my needs", but that he would never have sex w other girls. ??

He once said that he was trying to read my body language to know if he could kiss me.

That sounds Aspie to me. He sounds like he says exactly what he's thinking.

Darn, I flunked.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 11:37 pm

hurtloam wrote:
Aren't most men like that though? I started crying at work (I had a death in the family) and only one of the guys came to see what was wrong.

To be fair, my Dad doesn't know what to do when I cry. He at least understands that I'm upset. My Mum will shout at us and get angry if any of us show emotion, I dunno if that's Aspergers or personality disorder issues though.

At first when I was researching Aspergers I was trying to find out why she is the way she is. Trying to find a reason for her unreasonableness, but the more I learned about Aspergers, and the more I talked to people on here, I realised that there is something else wrong with her.

Aspies do have a capacity for empathy. They're not psychopaths.

What exactly are we suppose to do? Lots of us I've touch problems and those who don't hugging a strange woman isn't acceptable. I'm not sure how to comfort otherwise. I'd probably just start crying too

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 11:43 pm

Another thing is most guys are romantic.
I miss girls I'm into after day or so of non communication. After a week I get sad.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2016, 1:51 am

sly279 wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
Aren't most men like that though? I started crying at work (I had a death in the family) and only one of the guys came to see what was wrong.

To be fair, my Dad doesn't know what to do when I cry. He at least understands that I'm upset. My Mum will shout at us and get angry if any of us show emotion, I dunno if that's Aspergers or personality disorder issues though.

At first when I was researching Aspergers I was trying to find out why she is the way she is. Trying to find a reason for her unreasonableness, but the more I learned about Aspergers, and the more I talked to people on here, I realised that there is something else wrong with her.

What exactly are we suppose to do? Lots of us I've touch problems and those who don't hugging a strange woman isn't acceptable. I'm not sure how to comfort otherwise. I'd probably just start crying too

Honest truth, I'm rubbish with that stuff too. Don't ask me, I was just giving some true life examples. It doesn't actually bother me if I'm just left to cry it out. I'll get over it soon enough whatever it is. Most women aren't like me though.

At least ask, are you OK? Can I get you a cup of tea?

Silence is fine, shouting at me is not. I prefer my Dad's reaction to my Mum's.

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2016, 2:38 am

To the OP: How long can you deal with this s**t until you have no self-esteem left? Aspie or not, the guy is not kind.

If he goes to great lengths to see you and then treat you like s**t when you actually meet, I would suspect a personality disorder of the unpleasant kind.

What exactly is so nice about this guy that it makes it worth it to put up with this?

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2016, 7:34 am

I was going to ask too what is it you like about him?

Does knowing whether he is an aspie actually make it hurt less? Can you really live with this behaviour?

He won't change. This is who he is.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2016, 10:00 am

hurtloam wrote:
sly279 wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

Honest truth, I'm rubbish with that stuff too. Don't ask me, I was just giving some true life examples. It doesn't actually bother me if I'm just left to cry it out. I'll get over it soon enough whatever it is. Most women aren't like me though.

At least ask, are you OK? Can I get you a cup of tea?

Silence is fine, shouting at me is not. I prefer my Dad's reaction to my Mum's.

I could never shout at a crying woman. Unless maybe it happen during a really bad argument but i dont know if even then. Women crying makes me feel really sad . Like why are they crying are they ok :'( I'm too sensitive my friends use to say.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2016, 10:16 am

nurseangela wrote:
What about the self diagnosed Aspies on here? We don't know if they are really Aspies either. My Aspie friend was never diagnosed but he had a total lack of empathy, but he was saying that he didn't mean to hurt me too. If I say something hurtful to someone, I immediately feel guilty because I know how it would feel of someone said something hurtful to me. My Aspie friend was totally clueless. Actually my friends told me to stop talking to my Aspie friend because they thought he was rude, but I kept giving him the benefit of the doubt thinking it was his Aspieness. I felt bad when I got mad at him. How does one ever really know if someone is being rude or if it's their Aspieness?

I thought my ex boyfriend had AS because he said he did and claimed he got tested for it and they said he had it which they couldn't make official because they only do it for children. Which sounds sketchy because none of it adds up.

But he would say lot of things to me and it eventually brought down my self esteem and he did lot of stuff that was hurtful and I just let it happen because I thought he didn't know any better but it turns out he was a narcissist instead. It just took me either years to realize it.

But there are aspies out there who are jerks and there are aspies out there who aren't jerks. Putting up with abuse because you are giving them the benefit of the doubt is setting yourself up for low self esteem and being in a abusive relationship. Instead I would say you set your foot down and tell them that is not okay and set limits and speak up. Don't sit back and let it happen because you think they don't know any better and wouldn't understand.

And my ex also claimed to have PTSD so I excused his willful ignorance. Okay what if someone claimed to have it and still continued to be a transphobic but then claim PTSD about people who are trans so they continue to not try and understand it and kept saying they have PTSD? That was my ex's reason for how he treated me because he felt I was too childish because his ex called him a pedophile so now he had PTSD and wanted nothing to do with me whenever he felt I was acting too childish so he would just ignore me until he felt I was acting mature enough for him. Yeah his way of controlling me. :roll: Typical narcissist behavior. Claim mental illnesses to get away with their abuse. Mine just used Asperger's and PTSD. For years I just blamed myself. Now I don't anymore realizing this was all a game he did.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Anngables
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2016, 4:42 pm

My Aspie friend definitely shows empathy . . . In fact I would say he is more caring than most of my friends in a really true and honest manner . . .. . Unless it's regarding him and me and our feelings . .. . Then he runs a mile :D