Who doesn't attend autism/AS-related activities at all?

Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Senhin
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Sep 2016, 9:22 am

I don't. However, that's not because I don't want to, but rather because I've not been diagnosed yet. I don't really feel like I can get hugely involved, same with posting on here, as I kind of feel like I'll be accused of being an imposter or something.

Been waiting a long time for my appointment, which is in a couple of weeks, finally, and intend to get a lot more involved after that.

adoylelb90815
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Sep 2016, 7:43 pm

I'm another one who doesn't attend because those autism events are more for children than for autistic adults.

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2016, 7:32 pm

[b]I only attended autistic related activities during the time where I had previously lived at and since then have no come across any more autistic social events in my current area.Do I feel that I have to associate only with other people on the spectrum? No, for if I find comfort being around any other person autistic or not I'm okay with that.[/b]

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2016, 11:28 pm

No, because I can't. :lol:

I've seen enough NTs, I've seen plenty of 'low-functioning' autistics in and out of my age range. I also seen plenty of younger 'high-functioning' autistics.
I have yet to see a 'high-functioning' autistic within my age range. :x

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

goofygoobers
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2016, 9:45 pm

I'm not able to attend any events in my area. They're either for children or they expect you to know how to drive.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

25 Sep 2016, 10:00 pm

No, I don't go to gatherings. But I thought about it a bit.

Since gathering is often not an autistic thing to do, what could we do? Then I remembered my first psychiatrist - we never spoke at all but I wouldn't have missed it for the world, because it was the only place on earth that I didn't have to pretend to be normal.

I wonder if we could create a room physically comfortable for people with autism (see book below my signature). For example, I have had to leave more than one diet club because of the stupid overhead mustard-coloured lighting. Rule #1 would be "You can let go here." Hmmm ... I wonder if somebody does birdcalls. Anyway, a place for us wouldn't be a place that NTs could understand at all.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2016, 7:04 am

I sent you a PM, Claradoon.