Trump: If you are bullied fight back, just get over it

Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2016, 9:23 am

Claims he was never bullied
Associated Press

In addition to autistic differences due to tongue cancer I noticably look different. I expect to be targeted in a way that would have not happened if the Trump phenomonen had not occurred. I am not saying at all or even most Trump supporters will do this. What I do expect is that enough bullies will feel enabled to endanger my security.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

17 May 2016, 9:57 am

Trump's advice is to fight back against bullies, seems like the advice everyone ever has given

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2016, 10:42 am

I was told in another thread that I should have just fought back when I gave a guy a peepshow while I was in the toilet. Is that any different?

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2016, 10:44 am

Whenever I would fight back when I would get bullied, I would get in trouble.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

MissAlgernon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 May 2016, 10:50 am

If I had kids who were bullied, I'd never tell them to "get over it". But as controversial as it sounds, I wouldn't be against them fighting back. I don't care if the teacher disapproves, if my child punches his bully, it was the bully's fault because that would have never happened otherwise. My child has the right to not be the whole school's punching bag for years.
I dislike violence in general, but self-defense is a whole different story.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2016, 11:01 am

The advice was good for most people and I do wish instead of using logic (there are more of them then me, I am uncoordinated) I had the social knowlege to understand that winning the fight was not the issue, gaining respect and frustrating the bullies enough to make them go to another target was. I do not know how
good the advice is now that everything is filmed and the retaliation gets punished more often then not. Now that I understand the social rules how exactly am I going to fight back?I am 58 years old, still uncoordinated, have a slight limp from a mild stroke, am non verbal. What should I do take out my ipad and write something witty?, the tablet my only way of communicating will be the first thing stolen or smashed.

I have always been the type if person that loved to go out and visit places by myself. I would like to be able to do that again. If am able to I am going to to have to seriously consider how wise it would be to do that. To bad just another loser in the new American order I quess.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

17 May 2016, 11:22 am

Snitches got it 10x worse than those that stood up for themselves or even just took it, maybe that was just my messed up school.

slw1990
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2016, 1:54 pm

It seems like most of the time when I would stand up to bullies they would either make fabrications and gaslight the situation so that it looks like they didn't do anything wrong or become more aggressive.

MissAlgernon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 May 2016, 1:57 pm

That's when you can't defend yourself verbally. It's very hard to defend ourself against NTs. They can be 99.9% sure to win.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2016, 5:43 pm

In the grand scheme of things said by Trump, this isn't actually too bad.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2016, 2:12 am

all of the bullying he apparently never faced is coming to him now all at once.

still, i have to agree with him somewhere. bullying can happen when you are 15, 35, 55, 95.

and please, don't sulk and mope about it forever. you deepen the rabbit hole.

i can't recall any problems with "snitches" at my school.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2016, 7:22 am

Dox47 wrote:
In the grand scheme of things said by Trump, this isn't actually too bad.

Agreed, but since most autistics have been bullied the views of the presumtive Republican party nominee for President of a powerful country is a very approriate topic to post on this forum.

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2016, 1:19 pm

Like with most Trump soundbites, it's hard to tell exactly what he means. He trails off when he's talking and doesn't completely finish thoughts. It does sound like the root of most common sense advice for dealing with bullies, but like I said in another thread, sometimes people are dangerous and dealing with them directly is not safe.

The problem is that some people are unable to fight for themselves. It's everyone's own responsibility to obey the rules of society, and it's our individual responsibilities to enforce the rules for the collective. If someone is mistreating a member of the collective, each individual is obligated to defend that other member. That's how a society works. If it doesn't function this way, it breaks down and smaller social groups form in its place.

JackBruns
Raven
Raven

19 May 2016, 3:54 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Associated Press

In addition to autistic differences due to tongue cancer I noticably look different. I expect to be targeted in a way that would have not happened if the Trump phenomonen had not occurred. I am not saying at all or even most Trump supporters will do this. What I do expect is that enough bullies will feel enabled to endanger my security.

And Obama is different...how exactly?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2016, 6:22 pm

JackBruns wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Associated Press

Dislike Obama's policies all you want, but the fact is, the President has always personally been a gentleman. Trump, on the other hand, is renowned for his acid tongue. By Trump's own admission, he's never been bullied, and so probably has no empathy for those who have been pushed around and verbally denigrated. Far from it, I'd expect someone like him to have been a life long bully.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2016, 7:11 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
JackBruns wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Associated Press

i

Dislike Obama's policies all you want, but the fact is, the President has always personally been a gentleman. Trump, on the other hand, is renowned for his acid tongue. By Trump's own admission, he's never been bullied, and so probably has no empathy for those who have been pushed around and verbally denigrated. Far from it, I'd expect someone like him to have been a life long bully.

i have never heeard Obama discuss if he has been bullied. As a somewhat introverted mixed race person growing up in Chicago he probably was.