Page 1 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

19 May 2016, 8:55 pm

Fnord wrote:
sly279 wrote:
You're just a mathmatical impossibility. I've been on here for years posting about being lonely and never got a gf. Like many guys here.
Well, now there is your problem! You simply cannot attract a woman by constantly complaining about how lonely you are - unless you are serving in a remote location like Adak, Alaska or McMurdo Base, Antarctica.
I complained about being lonely aLOT but I was also here for a few years before I got my 2nd girlfriend.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2016, 12:18 am

Fnord wrote:
Not likely to happen.

No, it just is not going to happen.

It's so statistically and improbably unlikely, that it just won't.

If the odds are essentially 6 in 30,000, it'll take another 30,000 users and 12 years before 6 more end up in relationships.

WP has multiple dating oriented threads (e.g. Eligible Odd Bods/Asperger's Single's List) and has seen minimal results.

There have been hundreds, if not tens of thousands of threads in this section where people have tried to meet someone else on here or icebreakers for meeting others, and they have seen mini-scule results.

Nick007 and his girlfriend are the ONLY existing LTR on this entire websites history that is not a long-distance relationship.

There was one other couple, but I'm not sure if they actually met each other on WP.

The other few, are typically long-distance.

If the OP can deal with that, his chances increase dramatically, but not much more.

Kind of like if someone only wants to be a famous movie star instead decides they just want to be famous in general, for anything.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2016, 12:49 am

Quote:
Is It Possible To Date Using This Site?

Anything is only as possible as you make it to be possible. That does not necessarily mean that making something possible is the most efficient method. I honestly find it far more efficient just to run around outside for a good half-an-hour whilst carrying dumbells.

For some strange or stupid reason, perhaps just dumb luck, I learned that this activity generates massive amounts of pheromones, and all of the ladies all of a sudden seem to want to oogle me or obviously engage in some form of interaction with me such to the point that it's like they're happy that I'd even considering talking to them...

...also, many girls tend to get jealous of the computers, when guys are spending more time on the computer than giving attention to the girl, therefore, stop focusing so much on this site, get off the computer altogether for that matter, and do yourself a favour by creating a daily routine of dumbell-jogging if you are looking for chances to have a girl hang around you.

For on-line, actually, I have found that there have been a number of girls who seemed to have an interest in me due to some of the things that I have posted, but not necessarily for dating purposes, just that they found my writings to be interesting (this is over the course of multiple on-line mediums by the way, such as when I once wrote a bunch of articles for a web-site that I once had, postings on other forums, etc). They also tended to be the girls with high levels of shyness. I am of course, unlike most guys, full of absolute-confidence (this comes from a combination of having done my homework and sheer experience).

Once you are highly confident in everything you do then the challenge becomes weeding and filtering out all of the women who seem to want you rather than being in a position to where you're simply willing to accept any lady into your life (seriously, man, have some standards, like an employer who needs to qualify potential workers/employees, but in the case of relationships, you are better off thinking of it in terms that are closer to being like business-partnerships).

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2016, 1:10 am

Grahzmann wrote:
sly279 wrote:
You're just a mathmatical impossibility.

Clearly not, since it happened.

If you're female and desperate to find a partner then this forum might not be such a bad place to find a partner.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2016, 1:16 am

314pe wrote:
Grahzmann wrote:
sly279 wrote:

If you're female and desperate to find a partner then this forum might not be such a bad place to find a partner.

It'll never happen with that attitude. And I thought I was the grumpy one around here.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

slw1990
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2016, 1:21 am

I dated someone here a while back, but it didn't last long.

Last edited by slw1990 on 20 May 2016, 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2016, 1:24 am

What, I thought you were, but you allegedly live in Kansas, that is where I plan to move eventually. I have difficulty understanding how you can be grumpy when you live in Kansas ! (Let me guess... I will get "the grass is always greener on the other side" responses ?)

nurseangela wrote:
314pe wrote:
Grahzmann wrote:
sly279 wrote:

It'll never happen with that attitude. And I thought I was the grumpy one around here.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2016, 1:27 am

slw1990 wrote:
I dated someone here a while back, but it didn't last long.

You did? (NT gossip time :mrgreen: ) So are they still on this site? Were they in your state? Why did it end? They were Aspie too, I take it?

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2016, 1:29 am

Ban-Dodger wrote:
What, I thought you were, but you allegedly live in Kansas, that is where I plan to move eventually. I have difficulty understanding how you can be grumpy when you live in Kansas ! (Let me guess... I will get "the grass is always greener on the other side" responses ?)
nurseangela wrote:
314pe wrote:
Grahzmann wrote:
sly279 wrote:

You actually want to move to Kansas? Is that Aspie sarcasm?

Darn, I flunked.

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2016, 1:39 am

nurseangela wrote:
314pe wrote:

I'm sure you could find some dates here if you wanted. For me it won't happen because I'm already engaged and planning a tiny secret wedding in summer.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2016, 1:54 am

Why would I be sarcastic ? I have good reasons for wanting to move to Kansas.

nurseangela wrote:
Ban-Dodger wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
314pe wrote:
Grahzmann wrote:
sly279 wrote:

You actually want to move to Kansas? Is that Aspie sarcasm?

Let me at least back up some of my reasons with quotes and links as follows...
Leo J D • 2 years ago wrote:
Greetings from Kansas City. I'm online by means of Google Fiber at this very moment.
First of all, there's a reason our city sponsored this. It's because we knew it would be a good investment for the community. I believe the phrase is "mutually beneficial." Kansas City, KS is perfectly positioned for a boom in industry, given our location, property values, and infrastructure. We're a massive railway exchange, as well as being at the intersection of two major interstate highways at the dead center of the country. (I-70 and I-35 intersect here.) The choice to support Google Fiber was an investment in our community.
Second, it's WONDERFUL that we finally have some competition in the internet game around here. Time Warner has had a monopoly around here (and bought out Comcast), and their service has been atrocious. Their connectivity was unreliable, and the price tag was quite inflated for the product we got. But hey, they had a monopoly, so they could do it.
Now, they've got competition. Can you guess what's happening? Time Warner is offering Super-Duper-Incredible-Amazing high speed access! And they're offering rock-bottom prices for normal speed access! Want to know why? Because Google Fiber came in and offered those things, and people in my area are leaving Time Warner like rats off a sinking ship.
I like my Google Fiber. I like being part of the force that's breaking a monopoly. I like the service I'm getting. The guy who came to my house to install the hardware was very pleasant. We've had no problems with our connectivity - much better than our old service. The "paperwork" to get the service installed was all online and incredibly simple to do, and our billing is very streamlined. My wife and I opted for the "regular speed" internet option. We don't watch TV very much, so we don't need that option, and we don't do online gaming, so regular speed internet is fine by us.
What is this costing us? Well, we're paying approximately $27/month (after taxes) for the first year, which essentially pays for the installation of the hardware. After that, my internet access will be FREE for at least six years, guaranteed by contract.
I love competition in the market when it actually WORKS.

That was one of the comments from this article...
http://www.npr.org/sections/alltechcons ... -own-hands

Then there is also some better sense from those in government that you never hear in the main-stream...
http://www.forbes.com/sites/stevemoore/ ... b85cad6e7c

...they are not my only reasons for wanting to move to Kansas but comprise of some major selling points as being my kind of place where I could really get a lot done in less time more efficiently. Also remember something from my pre-birth memories (turned out that I am actually the equivalent of a modern-day prophet/messenger that I was not aware of until recently) that have pointed to this area/location as being amongst the safer places to be when [strike]global[/strike] world-wide calamity causes massive deaths amongst the entire earth's population (attempted to strike out the "global" part since earth might actually be flat rather than a globe or sphere).

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2016, 2:00 am

314pe wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
314pe wrote:

I'm sure you could find some dates here if you wanted. For me it won't happen because I'm already engaged and planning a tiny secret wedding in summer.

Well CONGRATULATIONS!

Darn, I flunked.

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2016, 2:05 am

Thanks! Didn't know someone so similar to me could exist. She's the female equivalent of me. It's really great to have someone who not only accepts you, but also motivates you to improve.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2016, 2:29 am

314pe wrote:
Thanks! Didn't know someone so similar to me could exist. She's the female equivalent of me. It's really great to have someone who not only accepts you, but also motivates you to improve.

Is good to have someone behind you who believes in you. How'd you two meet?

Darn, I flunked.

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2016, 2:42 am

nurseangela wrote:
314pe wrote:

I went to my friend's wedding. She's a good friend of the bride. They (my friend and his wife) knew we're similar so they arranged us four to meet before the wedding. Later he said they didn't think it would work out so well for us.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2016, 2:55 am

314pe wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
314pe wrote:

I went to my friend's wedding. She's a good friend of the bride. They (my friend and his wife) knew we're similar so they arranged us four to meet before the wedding. Later he said they didn't think it would work out so well for us.

You're lucky you went. Guys don't usually like going to weddings that aren't their own. That's great. You give other Aspie guys hope.

Darn, I flunked.