Page 3 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2007, 2:27 am

Merle you made me smile for the first time today! Thanks - mwah!

beentheredonethat
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2007, 1:42 pm

Bizarre:
I'm pushing 65 and I don't know any old people. Old is a state of mind. Fortunately, I still have my mind. Or parts of it anyway....and everything else works just fine, thank you very much. So if pushing forty make you a Dino, then I guess I'm a Trog. However, that means I crash around and break things a lot, and that's fun. And if I'm in a horrible mood, and I want to swear at people on the street, they put it down to my being old (little do they know that it's because I'm crazy), because I'm a little too well dressed (though not by much) to be a street person. Has its advantages.

beenteredonethat (and I have, believe me).

Belfast
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2007, 3:27 pm

Thank you to Alex, for expanding/rearranging.

New forum has not been hard for me to find in the index, or adjust my seeking pattern to-most transitions are difficult for me to navigate, just not this one.

Imagine WP as a municipality, whose size has increased vastly, especially recently. Just a comparison, not literal. Population was 2,000 (2 short years ago), like a small town. Now, it's almost 11,000, like a small city.
Town might only need so many businesses or cultural outlets, one each of a library, post office, grocery store, nursery school, restaurant.
City has increasing demands made upon services, new groups & buildings called for: another grocery store (perhaps a healthfood co-op), a senior center, more low-income housing, maybe even another p.o. because of greater population.
In other words, the structure & subforums that WP began with were sufficient to the needs of the members. Then, as membership increased, additional sections were requested because the existing options were insufficient. Makes sense to me.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

04 Feb 2017, 6:41 am

Alex, I really must thank you this time. Again, WP has given me a new lease on life. I didn't know I have an eidetic memory until now - I can remember using it in Grade 1. And now WP tells me my family isn't avoiding me when they say, "I forget." They really do forget! Thank you for creating WP. Without WP, I would be back with a bleak self-image and no direction. I wish I had known all along; I could have used it on the job, for one thing.

May all your efforts turn out so well for you!